If Chinese Democracy comes out and is a hit...

adnan

Remember in 1987 when all that pop/rock and dance shit was really popular then AFD came out and got down and dirty rock n' roll back into the charts...

I had a dream last night that when Chinese Democracy came out we got to see more of Axl on TV than Usher. And that gnr type music was popular again and emo music sold less, and rock n' roll got off the knife and back on the drugs.

And R&B got its ass kicked.

Yeah, high hopes I know. But what if we see tonnes of GnR videos on MTV all of a sudden?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think one good album is enough to 'save music'.

It's debateable as to whether music even needs to be saved. Popular music (for the large part) isn't all that great, but there are scores of great bands around nowadays -- you just don't often see them on the top 50. Just because something doesn't involve stale hair metal, leather or cheesey ballads doesn't make it bad. ;)

if it's good people will support it!, axl needs to drop it, he's one of rocks last hopes!

axl could be big again.

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Naturally, your worried if you do it alone

Who really cares, cause it's your life

You never know, it could be great

Take a chance cause you might grow

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting for

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting for

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Tick-tock, tick-tock

Take a chance you stupid hoe

Like an echo pedal, you're repeating yourself

You know it all by heart

Why are you standing in one place

Born to blossom, bloom to perish

Your moment will run out

Cause of the age discrimination law

I know it's so messed up, how our society all thinks (for sure)

Life is short, you're capable

Look at your songs now

You're still a super hot rock star

You got your million-dollar contract

And they're all waiting for your hot track

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting for

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting

What you waiting for?

No, I don't think one good album is enough to 'save music'.
Good point. The musical landscape is much different than it was in 1987 with AFD and in late 1991 with Nirvana. One album will not have that type of impact. Axl could possibly be the first step in changing the rap/hip hop culture we're drenched in, but it will take more than just CD to do it. Other great bands, specifically new bands, will have to follow.

Until the multi-billion dollar industry known as the music industry starts to fade away...........there will not be a revolutionary band. Nirvana was the last.....there will be no other.

Britney, The Backstreet Boys, Eminem? All bands/artists that brought their genres into the mainstream.

Until the multi-billion dollar industry known as the music industry starts to fade away...........there will not be a revolutionary band. Nirvana was the last.....there will be no other.

i dont really see why nirvanas veiwed as such a great revolutionary band.

what came after them?

nothing, they were really the last decent origial band out there.

they didnt really start anything as far as i see.

not bashing nirvana i like them and all i just wonder why everyone thinks theyre such a great influencial band when really they havent influenced many great bands out there cause there are none.

kind of a pointless rant i know but its really been grinding my gears.

i dont mean to get any arguments started so dont take it wrong i just needed to let my rant out.

carry on.

Britney, The Backstreet Boys, Eminem? All bands/artists that brought their genres into the mainstream.

More like:

Madonna, New Kids on the Block, Tupac ;)

More like:

Sure, but i'm talking about the revival of their genres. Probably should have said "back into the mainstream".

what came after them?

not bashing nirvana i like them and all i just wonder why everyone thinks theyre such a great influencial band when really they havent influenced many great bands out there cause there are none.

kind of a pointless rant i know but its really been grinding my gears.

i dont mean to get any arguments started so dont take it wrong i just needed to let my rant out.

carry on.

Grinding your gears huh??? Peter Griffin??

I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into an anti-Nirvana vs pro-Nirvana subject. Because there are a few in this board already. But Nirvana did lead the whole "grunge" or whatever you want to call it movement. They might not have been as influential as some people might say but they were influential.

More like:

Sure, but i'm talking about the revival of their genres. Probably should have said "back into the mainstream".

I was just going to edit my post and say that, lol.

Um -- how about grunge music? ;)

well yeah but since they put that genre in the main stream how many phenominal bands have there been after them?

i mean pearl jam considerably there but thats it as far as i know.

i guess prove me wrong if you feel like it but im just stating my opinion here

what came after them?

Thats funny. I hate Nirvana, and think theyre highly overrated, but I can see the huge impact they had on the music world. Rock was never the same after Nevermind exploded on the scene, and rock still hasn't recovered from the grunge movement. Not only did it destroy "hair" metal, it also killed other metal movements like 'speed' metal that were slowly starting to go mainstream at that time, and by killing metal, the grunge movement made it easier for Rap/hip hop to grab the mainstream and not let go. It would take a monster album to bring the rock world even remotely close to where it was pre-grunge, and I dont think its likely to happen with CD. Only a new band no one has ever heard of yet could pull that off.

More like:

Who really wants Rock mainstream?? Rock N Roll, from the very beginning, was always about being anti-establishment, rebellious, the Black Sheep. Rock N Roll is out of place in the mainstream.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

Um -- how about grunge music? ;)

well yeah but since they put that genre in the main stream how many phenominal bands have there been after them?

i mean pearl jam considerably there but thats it as far as i know.

i guess prove me wrong if you feel like it but im just stating my opinion here

Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Silverchair etc.

There wasn't a lot of time for a lot of big Grunge bands to form as it pretty much died out in the mid 90's -- but it was part of the transition from when hair metal/punk ruled the rock scene.

More like:

Who really wants Rock mainstream?? Rock N Roll, from the very beginning, was always about being anti-establishment, rebellious, the Black Sheep. Rock N Roll is out of place in the mainstream.

i want it to take over the music world.

More like:

You said that there will never be another revolutionary band. I was just pointing out that there had been plenty.

I didn't even mention rock... I mentioned Boy Bands, Female Pop Vocalists and White rap.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what's mainstream and what isn't -- I listen to what I want to listen to... But you're right in saying that real rock n' roll has never belonged there.

More like:

You said that there will never be another revolutionary band. I was just pointing out that there had been plenty.

I didn't even mention rock... I mentioned Boy Bands, Female Pop Vocalists and White rap.

To be honest, I couldn't care less what's mainstream and what isn't -- I listen to what I want to listen to... But you're right in saying that real rock n' roll has never belonged there.

When you mentioned Backstreet Boys, Brittney, and Eminem. I thought you were JOKING!!!! :shocked: