GnR playing live in 2006

dobadog

Fortus is 40 year-old. Don't you think it's too late for him to find a gimmick ? He already has his own style... I can't see him as the lead guitarist of GN'R. Lack of charisma...

Unfortunately, I can see Buckethead doing a come-back...

Edited by Alan Niveen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinions:

3. You guys DO NOT GIVE ROBIN FINCK THE CREDIT HE DESERVES. Sure, he has had some hard times playing some of the old GNR solos. However, he was coming from a band like NIN with an industrial sound. Ever hear some of the NIN guitar parts all by themselves? Go to NIN.com and download the Garageband files for 'Only' and/or 'The Hand That Feeds'. When you open it up, kill everything else but the lead and/or rhythm guitars. For a lot of those parts you'll be like 'WTF is this?'. But when you add everything else... the synths, bass, ambience, etc, it sounds amazing and all of a sudden works the way it should. Finck was brought in for a reason, and the industrial influence in the new songs is that reason. Clearly Finck is playing a huge part in the new sound, give him some credit for once. The old shit is not his style, and neither is long bluesy guitar solos. Fortus can handle the old stuff and any kind of long solo in the new songs... but Finck is laying down the new guitar sound with his industrial expertise.

He doesn't have any industrial expertise...the guy was a glam player who trent got mainly for his look....have you read the comments trent has been making about him lately? Maybe you should....

Trent writes everything and plays almost all the instruments anyway in the studio ...and those songs aren't even off anything finck played on

At least its good some people around here know how bad the guy is ....its very relieving!

Paul I'll be touring with GNR to play in RIR and NOVa instead of Bucket???

You're telling Paul Tobias that you are touring with GN'R?

Uh no... He's asking Paul that he'll be touring with GNR. :lol:

.............. hahah, ok... so.... he's asking Paul if he (gunnerpr) is to tour with GN'R?

:rofl-lol:

on a side note: how bout that new metallica logo huh? pretty kick ass

I am shocked that Mr Finck who wasn't considered as good enough to be on a NIN record, is now being considered by some people as good enough to not just be on a Guns N'Roses record, but also to be the lead guitarist of the band ! How low are some people ?

Edited by Alan Niveen

Paul I'll be touring with GNR to play in RIR and NOVa instead of Bucket???

You're telling Paul Tobias that you are touring with GN'R?

Uh no... He's asking Paul that he'll be touring with GNR. :lol:

.............. hahah, ok... so.... he's asking Paul if he (gunnerpr) is to tour with GN'R?

:rofl-lol:

on a side note: how bout that new metallica logo huh? pretty kick ass

yepp that metallica logo is kick ass

My opinions:

4. I agree a gimmick of some sort is important for a lead guitarist. Slash's top hat, Joe Perry's leather vests with no shirt on underneath, Kirk Hammett's long curly hair... the list goes on and on. Fortus is kinda bland, so maybe he could find a gimmick. His guitar playing is awesome, no question.

My two cents.

Kirk Hammetts long curly hair? Are you kidding? That's not a gimmick. Thats like saying, "Warren DiMartini's gimmick was being in Ratt, or playing fast."

Something as insignificant as a hairstyle is hardly a gimmick, but I agree that buckethead's little act sucked, but his playing was quite arousing.

1. Is there going to be a third guitarist?

2. Is it Slash?

3. No? Okay, is it Buckethead?

4. No? FFS, who is it?!

SG

The only thing I want to know from that person is

1. Is there a release date?

2. When is the relase date.

I'd ask those questions too.

Grimo.

Do you really think that if Robin wasnt good enough to pull off the new stuff, Axl would still have him around??? Hes obviously doin somethin right coz Axl isnt exactly afraid of sayin what he thinks and gettin rid of someone if he sees fit.

If hes good enough for Axl, hes good enough for me.

Grimo.