Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRS sounds just like GNR as well. I could imagine Slash playing that solo. By the end of this song you're ready for a riot. It seems like the ultimate fuck you song. But it's quite poppy? But Axl's vocals are full of rage AND sensitivity. Genius.

The problem I see with leaks is that if a record leaks short pre-sales the artist will probably loose some money on it. But that's a major problem with the internet age anyway.

But I can understand artists who get angry if material they feel thay can't stand for is leaked.

Youre out of your mind dude. Dont act like a music critic cuz you obviously dont know good music when you hear it. This is 1000x better than the kiddie rock shit thats out today. It may not be as classic as old guns but it rocks todays world which is the only world that matters. prick out.

We can all tell that you had your mind made up about the song before you even heard it. The fact that you can call it horrible without even giving it any time was the dead give away. Oh, and the Slash avatar doesn't help either. LOL

Save us the time and go ahead and say...."TWAT sucks, the new band will suck live, I hate the outfit AXL is going to wear in 2 weeks, his breakfast on june 10th is gonna suck without Slash!!"

So unless I like every new song that leaks I'm not a real fan or something? Get over yourself. You're on a high because there's new material, but it's not THAT good. I'm hearing people say shit like, "BETTER IS THE BEST SONG I'VE EVER HEARD" and you tell me I'M overreacting?

Never said you were overreacting. I am saying you already had your mind made up and won't open it a little to simply say it is "ok". But no, you think its garbage without even hearing the whole thing.

I'm just giving you the facts.

Wrong, you are giving your opinion

You can say I'm stuck in the past or whatever else you want, but the original Guns N' Roses was the greatest band of all-time, and whatever Axl and his traveling circus does now is going to be compared to it. This album has been in production for nearly 10 years now, and sorry if I expect a little more than just "decent". Of all the songs out so far you have 4 that are garbage (Better, Silkworms, Rhiad, Oh My God), 1 that is just average (Chinese Democracy), 2 that are just "good" (Madagascar and IRS) and only one that you can really say is excellent (The Blues).

opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion.... seems to me that you are bitter that those people find it easy to move on and like the new music without the old guys. So if YOU think it's garbage, that makes it fact eh? The majority would agree that silkworms is garbage so you get that one. Also right now, the majority would say that Better isn't garbage and that maybe your expectations and/or taste is garbage. Don't like it? Fine, don't damn those that are happy with it. Put your pisser away and let them have their parade.

Doesn't sound like the recipe for a classic album.

Let's hear some of YOUR material!

Axl is gonna get so pissed that he'll probably totally trash the songs and start all over. That would be a textbook Axl Rose reaction.

Unless he's behind all of these leaks...after all he did say recently that 'people will hear music this year'...didn't he?

Axl is gonna get so pissed that he'll probably totally trash the songs and start all over. That would be a textbook Axl Rose reaction.

Unless he's behind all of these leaks...after all he did say recently that 'people will hear music this year'...didn't he?

:o

and how the saint_seiva manage to put his paws on the demos?

fuck. this maybe just was for keeping the spirit up amongst the fans?

so cd can come next year?

Never said you were overreacting. I am saying you already had your mind made up and won't open it a little to simply say it is "ok". But no, you think its garbage without even hearing the whole thing.

You're wrong. I didn't already have my mind made up.. I'm fully ready to accept the new GNR if they come with good material. I rank "The Blues" up there with any GNR song ever made, but I'm not going to sit here and act like all this other garbage is good just becasue Axl is on it.

Change isn't always good. Guns N' Roses wasn't great because they spent years in the studio perfecting and tinkering constantly with some overproduced shit like Better that sounds like a Nine Inch Nails b-side track. They were great because they released a kick ass in your face album that shook up the music world.

opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion, opinion.... seems to me that you are bitter that those people find it easy to move on and like the new music without the old guys. So if YOU think it's garbage, that makes it fact eh? The majority would agree that silkworms is garbage so you get that one. Also right now, the majority would say that Better isn't garbage and that maybe your expectations and/or taste is garbage. Don't like it? Fine, don't damn those that are happy with it. Put your pisser away and let them have their parade.

It's a fact that nobody in the music world is excited about these songs except hardcore Axlites. If I'm bitter, it's because people acting like these new songs are anything better than average would be totally shitting all over the legacy of GNR. Not one of these songs except The Blues would have a chance of making AFD or UYI.

No matter what was thrown at me I'm gonna sit and say I love it because I support everything Axl and Guns N Roses does. Musically thought both new leaks are amazing!!! Great sound with both of them.

I was curious to see how far the word has spread over the net and within a few hours. A Howard Stern message board had some postings of it, and also a Xbox message board had some mentions, also a couple other message boards. What this is proving is no matter how long Axl has been away there is still a hunger for Guns N Roses music.

Guest swwet_child
If this is a big marketing scheme to get GnR fans excited: IT WORKED! :D

I agree! :lol:

Axl, i'm with you, always have been and always will. B)

Rock on! rock4

You're wrong. I didn't already have my mind made up..

Really?

overproduced shit like Better that sounds like a Nine Inch Nails b-side track.

Have you even heard the whole song yet? :drevil:

I didn't think so......

Yes, your mind is made up before even hearing the whole track. You are jumping the gun and not giving it a possibility and it is obvious.

What this is proving is no matter how long Axl has been away there is still a hunger for Guns N Roses music.

That's something that will only be proven when the album is released. Then we'll see if there is hunger for this kind of Guns N'Roses music.

i know i have a hunger for this kind of music, todays music sucks, i think it needs a kickstart. but thats only my opinion, i could be completely wrong.

James S.

Really?

I didn't think so......

Yes, your mind is made up before even hearing the whole track. You are jumping the gun and not giving it a possibility and it is obvious.

So, on the same token, isn't everyone here jumping the gun by saying how great it is and how it's anything better than Contraband? Maybe we should just delete all the posts, so nobody can state their feelings until the entire song is released, or until Chinese Democracy comes out, or until pigs fly. Whichever comes first.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like they slowed down IRS a bit from the shitty versions we heard earlier. I LOVE it. The VIBE to IRS is awesome. I love the chunky, heavy melodic feel to it. Reminds me of some old ozzy or sabbath. Some reason I get a Sweet Leaf vibe from it.

VIBE - this song as more VIBE to it than anything I've heard in years.

Better

There is nothing out there that sounds like this song. The lyrics are incredible. I love this song, it's amazing. SONGS like these two are why GnR are so much better than most bands. I feel the SAME way listening to Better as I did the first time I heard Sweet Child or NOvember Rain.

Throw in The Blues and Madagascar . . . . there is no doubt in mymind that Chinese Democracy is going to kick sooooo much ass.

I figured it might sell 4-5 million copies, but probably get ravaged by critics 'Wow, we waited 15 years for this?" . . . but after hearing Better and the real version of IRS - this CD is going to be huge, and now I'd bet money that it gets glowing reviews from all the major magazines and critics.

I cannot be any happier right now after hearing the two new songs.

Really?

I didn't think so......

So, on the same token, isn't everyone here jumping the gun by saying how great it is and how it's anything better than Contraband? Maybe we should just delete all the posts, so nobody can state their feelings until the entire song is released, or until Chinese Democracy comes out, or until pigs fly. Whichever comes first.

Isn't it their opinion? I agree that saying it is the greatest track ever is kind of "over the top" BUT if they like it better than any Contraband material, why can't they say it?

It looks like you are trashing it just because of...

A: It doesnt have the old members

B: They offended you with the Contraband comparisons.(understandable but doesn't justify judging the song before hearing the complete version).

We have heard Contrabands offering, but are yet to hear New GNR's offering. All you keep saying is...."You aren't Trent Reznor AXL"......"This sounds like NIN's shit flushed down the toilet".....You wont admit it, but I am positive you were waiting for songs to come just so you could compare it to old GNR. Neither VR or this new lineup are comparable to old GNR. We all know that.

Edited by bin laden killed gnr

come on guys 2 leaks in one day!!!!, it' a good day for us GNR fans.

It's Christmas for us all over again!

Yeah, I hope Axl doesn't get too angry about the song leaks. That won't be good if he does. How could he not expect this though? This album has been in the making for over five years or so...of course there is going to be song leaks! :o