Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

Well. So far I like some six new tunes (including OMG) and some 50 - 60 tunes from the old band. What I've seen from the new shows it looks and sounds really cool. But they have yet do deliver. And no one would've cared about the new band if it wasn't for the old.

And I think Slash's leadpart in riffs are unique and totally awsome - his solos can be done as good or better by other guitarists but how he riffs - that's extraordinary (and the only good thing about contraband).

The old band also had style and looked very cool. The new band either looks like freaks or like ordninary rocker.

Conclusion: I need a record and a tour from the new band - before that the old band is singlehanded superior. After a record and a tour - then will see, but my bet is that nothing will beat my memories and feelings connected with the old linup. Even though I think that all in all the new band is more talanted.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yhe i totaly agree with you guys. Axl has nothing to worry about now, so come on and release the album cuz the songs that we have heard so far are so fucking great! Feels like this is really a great time to get the release date settled and everything cuz i guess that these leaks will get a lot of notes and publicity all over the music world. So please Axl....let us have it.....we have waited a LONG time now!

how come these links are still up and being commented on by mods, when the last time IRS came out, all links were removed and everyone was asked to stop spreading it around??

or have I missed something somewhere?

what do ya know, those downloads are blocked from where I work, so those downloads better still be up in 8 hours!

Edited by NEU-YORK

It's an ongoing thing that's what we have to realise. As you grow as a listener. You can listen to AFD today and it's different to when you heard when you were 17 years old. The orignal Guns lineup was special many. Axl has gone to show that he is one serious bad ass musician. Whatever he brings to the table it's special. That's his personality. Think about that.

Guns N Roses!!!

While everyone is happy as larry about these songs, this is bad news for CD. Because some people have already sent it onto radio station etc and soon Axl & Merck will know and it will mean more delays.

And where did these demos come from?!?!?!?!?!? :blink:

Grimo.

While everyone is happy as larry about these songs, this is bad news for CD. Because some people have already sent it onto radio station etc and soon Axl & Merck will know and it will mean more delays.

And where did these demos come from?!?!?!?!?!? :blink:

Grimo.

I know what your saying, however most high profile albums these days leak months before release. Lets just be happy that these arn't the album cuts, just demos, these will please many fans until the official release.

What bad can come, no album? We have already had that for how many years. Only good has already come from them. Even people at Metal Sludge who rabidly hate Axl have positive opinions of the songs.

Music is meant to be heard. The songs do no good sitting around where no one can listen to them. Maybe you'll all be good lap dogs, and not share them... I'm not deleting them, and plan on spreading the word big time. I've already shared it with hundreds... if Axl doesn't like it, tough shit. He should take it as a compliment that people think highly enough of his hard work to go out of their way to let other people hear it.

I think the management is more than aware of what is going on here today.....and I reckon they don't mind at all!!! If they did, Madison would have slapped us all for downloading it.

I also think that this is step one in the marketing strat for this new CD, as it is cheap, effective, and within 24hrs the whole world will know it, and simply, in this day and age, there's no better way to promote anything, then a 'word of mouth' approach.

Round Two.

It sounds extremely promising...the layering is great, its amazing

At the moment these are my favourite songs! I know, weird...maybe because I'm all excited and shit...

But you know, because of leaks, theres not gonna be a delay; the complete opposite. Happens with loads of bands, they push the date forwards!!

Edited by GNR'R

What bad can come, no album? We have already had that for how many years. Only good has already come from them. Even people at Metal Sludge who rabidly hate Axl have positive opinions of the songs.

Music is meant to be heard. The songs do no good sitting around where no one can listen to them. Maybe you'll all be good lap dogs, and not share them... I'm not deleting them, and plan on spreading the word big time. I've already shared it with hundreds... if Axl doesn't like it, tough shit. He should take it as a compliment that people think highly enough of his hard work to go out of their way to let other people hear it.

If for whatever reason they are ok with these demos then its all good. But based on when IRS was originally leaked it may mean more and more delays. A lot of ppl have raised their hopes of a 2006 release due to more and more rumours. One downpoint is that Axl may well want a big comeback, and with songs bein leaked, any appearance may be less high profile.

But from whom did these demos come from? Did Axl leak song that he said were his faves just to gauge reaction? Or is everyone in the GNR camp on holiday??

Grimo.

If for whatever reason they are ok with these demos then its all good. But based on when IRS was originally leaked it may mean more and more delays. A lot of ppl have raised their hopes of a 2006 release due to more and more rumours. One downpoint is that Axl may well want a big comeback, and with songs bein leaked, any appearance may be less high profile.

But from whom did these demos come from? Did Axl leak song that he said were his faves just to gauge reaction? Or is everyone in the GNR camp on holiday??

Grimo.

Slash leaked 'em :drevil:

I dont think a couple of leaks are to bad a thing these days with the internet

With these demos being pretty good am sure there will be plenty of people tellin others they know to check it out and they will tell others the same

For those in UK will know the arctic monkeys they had there songs online everybody had downloaded them didnt stop it becoming fastest selling album in uk personally i dont like the arctic monkeys

but today releasing a few songs for the masses to get a feel of the sound an album and lettin the net spread it is as people say good cheap promotion and these days seem to be the way forward certainly if the songs are impressive which from what iv heard they are