Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is everyone on this board Chinese or something, because they need to take the chopsticks out of there ears! When I hear people saying TWAT is on the same level as Estranged it makes me cringe! Are we even listening to the same TWAT? Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged and then TWAT!!! HA HA HA, don't make me laugh. Play those 4 songs in succession, play them all as demos if you'd like and tell me TWAT even belongs there.

I did something last night, I burnded a CD of the new songs, went cruising in the Subaru STI (with a good sound system) and I picked up some friends around Manhattan to hear the new material. From that cruise, it was apparant, IRS was hands down the most bad ass song of the bunch and really gets your blood pumping when it is cranked on full volume. This song is most reminiscent of the GNR we all love. Sort of has that You Could Be Mine energy. Better was well received by all. It has this nice hard undertone, but also this kind of care-free, I don't give a fuck refrain that works so well and is also a staple of GNR.

TWAT is just where it all falls apart. The song is a mess! The part where Axl goes, "It was a long time for you, it was a long time for me!" is horrid. He sounds like Alvin and The Chipmunks, terrible vocals. Look, I understand this is a demo, but as it is now, this is not even close to songs like Estranged. I think Axl needs to sing it with more rasp. The song has a lot of cool musical things going on, but they just to mesh well together. That's why I am having such a problem liking it. Like with Estranged, the song flows through three different stages. TWAT tries to do the same, but it just doesn't work as well. And Estranged as that memorable ending, where as TWAT just has this 2-3 minute outro that is a unecessary.

I have to admit that the songs took a while for me to get into, but after hearing them over and over and over, i can't get them out of my head...especially TWAT. I think the song is brilliant, except for the transition at 0:54-1:04, but then utter genius at 1:05. I am just talking musically here. I think the new album is going to be good!

I have to admit that the songs took a while for me to get into, but after hearing them over and over and over, i can't get them out of my head...especially TWAT. I think the song is brilliant, except for the transition at 0:54-1:04, but then utter genius at 1:05. I am just talking musically here. I think the new album is going to be good!

Exactly. "It was a log time with U, It was a long time with me..." That part really sucks!! The rest is brilliant rock1

ok so, i heard somebody in my dorm building ask me if i heard the new song on the radio out here in boston. i thought he was joking but then i jump on line and theres all this talk of the new songs being leaked. i quickly downloaded the 3 songs since neither was being played on the radio anymore...

IRS...the version i have is terrible quality so im not gonna say much, it didnt sound mind blowing from what i could hear though??

There Was A Time...It seems like there were wayyyy too many layers going on in this song. too much going on to really sound good imo. the verses werent bad but the chorus i thought was terrible sounding, especially the guitars. The solo however was pretty good, very slash sounding too. you can tell the made use of slashs famous "sustain" on this solo. Ive listened a few times to this and still cant get into it. like i said, i think theres too much going on in this song at one time.

now onto Better...this was the first song i had heard out of the three and when it first started i thought it was a joke and not really an axl song, especially with the really high singing and "hip hopish" beats in the backround. Once it kicks into the guitars and verse i was blown away. This song could easily be the first single or definatlye a single. I will say that when axl sings high in this song his voice just doesnt have it anymore, its sounds way different.

well theres my thoughts on them. i think Better is clearly the greatest of the three and way better than the blues, mad., and chinese democracy. Now considering these are only demos i will expect his voice to sound way better and more clear.

let the madness begin :shades:

What's with the family-friendly lyrics?

These two songs, in particular, would be a lot more convincing if they had some vulgar and explicit language. At least a little. I'm not looking for another AFD but just some damn conviction in the lyrics and some damn attitude in songs like these. I love songs like The Blues, Madagascar, NR, Patience etc. but songs like Better and IRS, I think, would benefit from a couple fuckyous, bitches and mofos etc.

What do ya'll think?

V~

Here's another possibility - the premier of the final season of Sopranos is on March 12. Maybe that would be a good time to premier a new GNR song. Last season's premier was one of the most watched programs ever. Meadow had a GNR poster on her wall in some of the early seasons, so Chase is probably a GNR fan, and it's pretty likely that Axl is a Sopranos fan. Tony's enemy is the I.R.S.

What's with the family-friendly lyrics?

These two songs, in particular, would be a lot more convincing if they had some vulgar and explicit language. At least a little. I'm not looking for another AFD but just some damn conviction in the lyrics and some damn attitude in songs like these. I love songs like The Blues, Madagascar, NR, Patience etc. but songs like Better and IRS, I think, would benefit from a couple fuckyous, bitches and mofos etc.

What do ya'll think?

V~

Unlike Eminem, GN'R doesn't need to swear in every single song to gain attention. ;)

I've told friends it would be hilarious if in the the middle of the epicesque "There Was A Time" Axl just yelled out "TWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!"

Otherwise, I am completely pleased with everything I have heard from the new band except "Silk Worms."

And I don't even buy that these are demos. Could be Axl's cover in case people don't like them, I mean, in case you guys haven't notice, the man appears to be just a tad insecure........

Oh god, i've been gone for about a month. From September to January I checked the board every day for news and nothing came up. I leave for a month and this is what happens? lol

Anyways, I just downloaded what seems to be a complete package of demos from the new album. There is a new "cleaner" version of C.D, OMG, Blues and Madagascar. But I have no idea if these are the originals that where just edited a bit to make it sound better. And their are the 3 tracks I havent heard...TWAT, IRS and Better.

I'll have to be honest, this is NOTHING compared to the old band. I do love it much more than whatever is still out there right now, but it's nothing too special. I like the tune of IRS but I see absolutely nothing good in Better, but I'll have to hear the full version to be able to give out the true oppinion. And also add the fact that most of the music I get into takes a while for it to grow on me...so I'll have to listen to it more. Madagascar sounds brilliant in this "new" version, much cleaner.

Oh and BTW, I downloaded a GNR song called "Prostitute" a while ago...im talking atleast a year. I got this song off Kazaa. I never actually said anything because I thought it was fake. The song is just an instrumental that lasts about 3 minutes. It's pretty good...and does sound recent. But im not able to tell if it's GNR or not because their is no voice.