aussie_axl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo

I actually agree with you.

I LOVED the Blues and played the shit out of it for the last couple of years.

But Better, TWAT and CITR are just on another level musically as far as I'm concerned.

Blues and Maddy are very cool songs. And I could easly see studio version of The Blues being a huge hit.

But I think the new songs have the potential to be classics.

I THINK THESE NEW SONGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO MAKE CHINESE DEMOCRACY THE NEXT APPETITE FOR DESCRUCTION. AN ALBUM PEOPLE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT 25 YEARS FROM NOW. AN ALBUM THAT LITERALLY DID CHANGE THE ROCK WORLD.

Whereas songs like Maddy, Blues, CD, Rhiad have the potential to be the next Use Your Illusions. Killer songs, that we all love and cherish. But not songs you'll still be talking about 25 years from now.

Guest Apollo
If you had never heard madagascar before and a demo quality of it was leaked tomorrow you wouldnt be posting this.

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

How can you tell other people what they think? I've got a cd right now with all the songs on it - the new leaks and the concert released remixes. And Maddy/Blues/Rhiad/CD all pale in comparison.

Maybe the studio versions of those songs will blow us away. But in terms of depth and how complex the songs are . . . . they don't even come close to the new songs. Maybe to IRS, but not Better and Twat.

If you had never heard madagascar before and a demo quality of it was leaked tomorrow you wouldnt be posting this.

If your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle.

How can you tell other people what they think? I've got a cd right now with all the songs on it - the new leaks and the concert released remixes. And Maddy/Blues/Rhiad/CD all pale in comparison.

Maybe the studio versions of those songs will blow us away. But in terms of depth and how complex the songs are . . . . they don't even come close to the new songs. Maybe to IRS, but not Better and Twat.

My aunt does have balls.

And a concert version of a song is never going to sound as good as a studio version, thats a fact.

...And Maddy/Blues/Rhiad/CD all pale in comparison.

Agreed.

Monty

madagascar is amazing one of my fav new songs I hope its on the album

Exactly.

Some of the songs of off afd didnt compare to something like estranged in complexity, but they are still great songs.

Madagascar just feels special, maybe its the middle with all the quotes, I dont know.

I really like Madagascar. The music hits you straight away, and sets the tone of the song very nicely, and it is a very striking riff. The 'sound-clip' solo part is very well done I think, and is very memorable. The one thing I'd like changed is a bit more variety in the lyrics. He repeates the "I won’t be told anymore" part a bit too often- its sung four times...

But I deffinatly want it on the album! I remember the first time I heared it I was thinking how awesome an album version would be.

i might be the only one...... but after hearing the leaks i hope Madagascar doesn't make the cut, i really can't get into it, these new songs are just so much better!

your opinion?.

Maddys in a bit of a weaker position in that we've heard it for 3-4 years. So you've had time for it to sink in, these songs have been out for a month-ish.

Let me know what you think in 2010.

Grimo.

I like Madagascar...though I think the newer live versions are too overwrought with orchestra instrumentation. Because of this, I feel that the RIR3 version has a little more bite than the late version.

One thing I never liked is the keyboarding...yes I know this is the main part of the song...but I just found the sound of the keyboard as kind of cheesy, somewhat cheap. The notes/stucture of the keyboard riff is catchy, it's just the sound that Dizzy's playing...almost too keyboardy. And that's my opinion from first listen til today.

But overall, I like the song, nice little looped jungle drumbeat in the background, haunting Axl lyrics, good guitar break over the samples. This track should be easier to mix than T.W.A.T. because there's less going on here...but I have a feeling that the studio version may have to strong of an orchestra mix. I just think the orchestra should be light, ala RIR3, to help as filler. It sounds overly cheesy and somewhat unmoving as a key part of the song's sound (ala 2002 tours). Keep the edge, Axl!