Rolling Stone MAG reviews leaked DEMOS

Funeral

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TWAT is amazing and I don't think he was having a dig at it I just think he meant it needed studio work. 'Better' is fuckin' amazing - the intro does it for me. I liked the cheeky wee comment about Velvet Revolver. You realise Axl will probably read the article? Anyway I hope he takes heart from the last comment.

Cool review! I see where they're comin from with TWAT, but I think I like it more than IRS :)

And so the comparisons have started again, but they were never bound to go away. When VR release their next album, people will see how it compares to GNR.

And good to see a big name mag gettin behind Guns. More good press the sooner CD will be out! rock3

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85

non of the tunes have felt rocky????????? you listen to the right stuff????????

yes, none of the tunes are rock hard dude. none are up there with welcome to the jungle or anything

True. YCBM was probably the last hard rock GNR song. Dare I say the new stuff is slightly commercial???

Grimo.

non of the tunes have felt rocky????????? you listen to the right stuff????????

yes, none of the tunes are rock hard dude. none are up there with welcome to the jungle or anything

True. YCBM was probably the last hard rock GNR song. Dare I say the new stuff is slightly commercial???

Grimo.

Better, no way... Catcher, would do well in the chart.

"Catcher..." is the worst shit ever! Hopefully it won´t even be on the album! I can´t get around to liking that lame song, it´s really soooooo bad I get red in the face by just thingking of it.... :confused:

i still prefer VR, well untill axl actually puts something out that really rocks. none of the tunes so far have felt rocky at all, and that aint like gnr

well, that's yer opinion....the truth of the matter is.... this GNR material is better........waaaayyy Better.

and for crying out loud..... The review is NOT FAKE! :rolleyes:

It's not a fake. This is one of GypsySoul's 'scans' from htgth. She does this to almost every GN'R article she comes across. Sometimes she makes typos, no big deal.

RS32306a.jpg

Photo Credit: Kevin Mazur/wireimage.com

Link to review, please.

The first 2 mins of T.W.A.T is dodgy, because its just like a bit messy. the last 2 minutes are awesopme. Its a demo though, plus axl's voice gets drowned by the sound. With a better quality studio version it will be great im sure. but o can see RS's point. Spot on with the rest though.

"Catcher..." is the worst shit ever! Hopefully it won´t even be on the album! I can´t get around to liking that lame song, it´s really soooooo bad I get red in the face by just thingking of it.... :confused:

How can you say catcher in the rye is the worst shit ever?? Better IRS Twat and CITR as a cd would do better then VRs shitband CD ever did.

Can we PLEASE cut the crap with all the pointless GnR vs VR fighting?!!

It's so brainless and annoying. To each their own and just fuck off with all this bullshit!

I agree with you in the context of this thread but overall I think that it is a saucey debate. :P

Edited by W. Axl Kev

I think Catcher in the Rye is the first "Definite" for the album. :book:

Nice little review! I totally agree about Better. And actually pretty much on TWAT to.. But in the case of TWAT I wanna hear a real studioversion before I feel I can judge it fairly

edit: loads of typos

Edited by evil_l

It's so brainless and annoying. To each their own and just fuck off with all this bullshit!

So true ! Let's send your post to Axl !

now THATS a fucking brainless comment..

if you look at the history this whole thing was started with slash and duff filing frivolous lawsuits for the purpose of

- holding Axl and gnr back (see Axl's quotes from Rock in Rio 3)

- financial gain

- public deformation of Axl Rose's character

if you look at the history this whole thing was started with slash and duff filing frivolous lawsuits for the purpose of

- financial gain

I can't remember Slash or Duff talking shit about Axl's new band as Axl did in his last statement about VR. It would have been so easy for them to poke fun at new GNR...

If they are sueing Axl it's because they don't want to be robbed. Simple as that.

The public deformation of Axl's character allegation is ridiculous.

Edited by Alan Niveen

- financial gain

Yeah, it's VR who are to blame for holding Axl back. Not his inability to appear for shows during the 2002 tour or being unable to get an album done in the last ten years.

dont get me wrong i like the new tracks i really do but guns is supposed to be a hard rockin street attitude band and the new songs, well, just aint that thats all.

I think few would say the songs on the UYI albums were "hard rockin' street attitude" type songs...?

R.