"Silk Worms" Discussion

dustindmnd2

It's a mediocre song, but it's not the worst ever. For example, VR's Dirty Little Thing is worse than Silkworms. That stupid song from Black Eyed Peas (My Humps) is also worse, or any song from Simple Plan. There's many others...

This song sucks! I hope Dizzy has no contribution to any writting on this album. I hope his only contributions are made with melodies on the piano....cause basically thats all he can do...and really, he can't even do that because all the piano parts he played with the old GNR were created by someone else, not him.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I love "Silkworms", it's a strange and terribly real trip. More raw than anything GNR has released in years, in fact I think it should be on CD, then we could pretend it was a group project.

Guest JohnUlmer

I like it. Not a lot, and it's the worst of the new material, but it's still good. I think it's got a really bitter, caustic bite to it - and Axl's high-pitched scream is brutal. When he bellows, "Listen mothafuckas to this song..." it's pretty cool.

I think that this song has potential but I think that Guns should take it more in the direction of thrash than grunge, that would make it incredible the lyrics and shit could sound really cool if it was thrashed up a bit and the synth parts should be transferred onto guitar to provide tripped out wailing type noises

Edited by Graeme

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
I think that this song has potential but I think that GUns should take it more in the direction of thrash than grunge, that would make it incredible

Interesting proposition.