AXL ROSE sighting

vedderone

As I said earlier, most people that buy GNR records could care less what Axl wears. Is image important? Yes. Should image be important? No. Will Axl's image make or break him......NO! I really can't believe there are 7 pages devoted to discussing Axl's outfit at the airport.

Agree with you. He's traveling on an airplane................NOT performing or taking pictures.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a whole bunch of people are making fun of the way Axl dressed in the pic, but don't you think it would be kind of awkward if we saw Axl dressed like this in the pic or nowadays...

Axl_034.jpg

Well actually...

It would be pretty cool, but it would still be awkward.

There's norhing wrong with how Axl dress. I wont care if Axl aways wore sweat pants ect. Why should Axl be made fun of? Iam missing something?

LOL, Airport security would jump all over his ass if he showed up like that.

For all you guys that don't think its him. I have something to point out. Notice in the other recent pictures where a grop of fans met him in the airport. Notice the silver metal case he was holding in his hand that some people joked that was holding CD "under lock and key" Then take a look at the SR71 pic and you will notice the same metal case on the floor right next to him. Also, He has the same red jacket on that he was holding in his hands in the other recent pics Make no mistake about it; that's Axl. Leave him alone. Let the dude dress how he wants. May is almost here. That's all we should be worrying about.

EMC

rock1

Great work detective.

Actually it's pretty funny you said that because I am a cop.

For all you guys that don't think its him. I have something to point out. Notice in the other recent pictures where a grop of fans met him in the airport. Notice the silver metal case he was holding in his hand that some people joked that was holding CD "under lock and key" Then take a look at the SR71 pic and you will notice the same metal case on the floor right next to him. Also, He has the same red jacket on that he was holding in his hands in the other recent pics Make no mistake about it; that's Axl. Leave him alone. Let the dude dress how he wants. May is almost here. That's all we should be worrying about.

EMC

rock1

Great work detective.

lol.

That's classic :)

:rofl-lol:

EMC

rock1

Great work detective.

lol.

That's classic :)

:rofl-lol:

I try

:)

Obviously you and Madison don't understand Axl and since when has Axl Rose done anything to adhere to policy? ..

No, my dear, we understand the real world, and what it takes for musicians to succeed today. We're not stuck in the 80s and 90s, grasping desperately to the way the world used to be.

Newsflash: Axl prefers low key.

He's on an airplane. Save the celebrity status when he's actually doing his job...............performing.

Again, you're living in the 80s.

It doesn't work that way today.

It's true the diehard fans - who already know GNR and Axl's ability to create awesome music - don't care what he wears. But if he wants to win over new fans -- and even bring back old fans who may have forgotten about him - he needs to carefully craft an image -- just as Slash has. Slash knows how it works -- that's how he's managed to keep his name out there all these years even when he wasn't playing in a particular band.

Axl hasn't been seeking publicity all this time. But he's starting to do it now because he knows he needs it to promote the album when it drops.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Obviously you and Madison don't understand Axl and since when has Axl Rose done anything to adhere to policy? ..

No, my dear, we understand the real world, and what it takes for musicians to succeed today. We're not stuck in the 80s and 90s, grasping desperately to the way the world used to be.

Newsflash: Axl prefers low key.

He's on an airplane. Save the celebrity status when he's actually doing his job...............performing.

Again, you're living in the 80s.

It doesn't work that way today.

It's true the diehard fans - who already know GNR and Axl's ability to create awesome music - don't care what he wears. But if he wants to win over new fans -- and even bring back old fans who may have forgotten about him - he needs to carefully craft an image -- just as Slash has. Slash knows how it works -- that's how he's managed to keep his name out there all these years even when he wasn't playing in a particular band.

Axl hasn't been seeking publicity all this time. But he's starting to do it now because he knows he needs it to promote the album when it drops.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Critique his clothing appearance WHEN you see VALID comeback pictures or see him on stage.

Do NOT judge him from an airport photo of what looks like he's talking on a cell phone and just trying to be a normal person traveling.

Celebrities are normal people who do the SAME things you do believe it or not :rolleyes:

Considering the record isn't even fully mixed or mastered yet it's a no-brainer that it's not floating about on fucking CD as a finished article! You kids don't know much about making music do you. :rofl-lol:

Well your original gunner Slash also said it was coming out in March so obviously he doesn't know much about music (especially GOOD music ) either since he sold out for Scotty boy.

Actually, Slash's information was pretty much bang on considering all that's happened. He's given us the most accurate estimate of when CD is coming than anyone has, including Axl.

If Axl makes a promise that doesn't happen, you would say that that was the plan, but plans change (and I would tend to agree with that). But if Slash is just a little bit off then he doesn't know much? Oooookay.

Also, how is Slash a sellout for leaving GN'R and forming VR? That makes no sense.

People tend to portray the split up of Guns as either Slash making a concious decision to leave, or of Axl driving the others out. The truth lies somewhere in between. From what we know of Axl's personality and the fact that pretty much the entire old band left, and the fact that BH left the new version of the band, it's obviously not a walk on the beach dealing with him. The man is truly amazing, but until anyone here has to deal with him day in and day out in the context of a band, we all have no fucking clue what it's like. No matter what went down, the guys must have been at their wits end to leave a band like Guns N' Roses. Problems began to arise back during the UYI sessions. Slash/Duff/Matt left like 7 years later, so it's not like they didn't try to make it work.

Why can't people just accept that Axl's vision differed from the direction the others wanted to take, and that those musical differences eventually became insurmountable? That's pretty much all there is to it. We don't need to find a good guy and a bad guy in all of this.

Axl is going to Costa Rica?!

YES!! Obviously he's going there to finish mastering on Chinese Democracy, and start doing promotional work for the tour and CD!! TAKE THAT SCOTTY WEILAND!

WOOHOO!! CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Critique his clothing appearance WHEN you see VALID comeback pictures or see him on stage.

Do NOT judge him from an airport photo of what looks like he's talking on a cell phone and just trying to be a normal person traveling.

Celebrities are normal people who do the SAME things you do believe it or not :rolleyes:

Who's "judging?"

Many of us are offering constructive advice by suggesting he find a stylist - and soon.

You seem to be blinded or obsessed with him to the point where you think his outfit in this pic was cool for a rocker making a comeback. It isn't. And the point many of us are making - which you seem to be missing - is that he needs to be wary of his image when he starts promoting himself - as he's been doing.

Do you think it's a coincidence that he's recently started showing up at high profile events (like the Korn tour launch party, the Victoria Secret party and trendy clubs in NYC)? It isn't. Clearly, he's starting to promote himself in preparation for his comeback. And if he's going to do that, many of this he should pay more attention to his image when he's in public places.

Who's "judging?"

Many of us are offering constructive advice by suggesting he find a stylist - and soon.

You seem to be blinded or obsessed with him to the point where you think his outfit in this pic was cool for a rocker making a comeback. It isn't. And the point many of us are making - which you seem to be missing - is that he needs to wary of his image when he starts promoting himself - as he's been doing.

Do you think it's a coincidence that he's recently started showing up at high profile events (like the Korn tour launch party, the Victoria Secret party and trendy clubs in NYC)? It isn't. Clearly, he's starting to promote himself in preparation for his comeback. And if he's going to do that, many of this he should pay more attention to his image.

Madison, what part of he is in an airport do you NOT comprehend?

He's talking on what looks like a cell phone. He's NOT out to be promoting himself by the likes of this picture. He's traveling.

The VS party and the Korn party were different. Those places he was promoting himself.

:sleeper:

Jesus Christ people why the fuck are we still talking about the way the guy looks? LET IT GO! Everyone. Including Madison. I know we're all trying to make our points here about what is and isn't relevent in the world of music and fasion today, but think about it people. The guy has always dressed the way he wanted. Look at any pics from the 80's to now. Do you think he ever cared what the public thought of him? Honestly, if he really cared Chinese Democracy would have been out YEARS AGO!! He would have just thrown together an album and said fuck it. But no, he doesn't give a shit how many people complain or whine that it's been so long. Hell, if he cared about what people though of him from the 2002 tour he would have taken the braids out. The guy doesn't give a shit and thats what makes him great. That's what makes him a legend. He does what he wants and when he wants to do it. Do you honeslty think he cares how WE VIEW the way HE dresses?? Listen, I don't care how he dresses, how his face looks, how fat/bald people say he is, what color his goattee is. He could come out wearing a pink tu tu in ballett slippers and sing Rocket Queen on a mechanical bull for all I care. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! And neither should any of we. Axl is coming back to rock, and on his own terms, just like he did 20 years ago. Just my 2 cents. Thanks in advance for the bashing guys,

EMC

rock1

If you think Axl doesn't care how people view him then you are INSANE. How people in the public eye see him is probably of the utmost importance to him. If it wasn't, he would have gotten those ridiculous hair plugs and gone through all the facelifts/botox/whatever else he does. He's trying to stay young and "Hip", when all he really needs to do is just be himself.

He REALLY cares what people think about him - the problem is, he thinks his new look is actually good.

Edited by OTHAFA

If you think Axl doesn't care how people view him then you are INSANE. How people in the public eye see him is probably of the utmost importance to him. If it wasn't, he would have gotten those ridiculous hair plugs and gone through all the facelifts/botox/whatever else he does. He's trying to stay young and "Hip", when all he really needs to do is just be himself.

He REALLY cares what people think about him - the problem is, he thinks his new look is actually good.

Yeah, just like he thought he looked good in those biker shorts in the 90's. Right?

I love the man because he's different and he does what he wants. I've said it before and I'll say it again...As long as he doesn't end up looking like Michael Jackson he can do whatever he wants.

i agree that image is important these days. cant say i was around much in the 80s but even now the image obsession is increasing. didnt axl say in an interview, i dont have it at hand, about clothing as another form of expressing himself. well it was something along those lines, not those exact words obviously.

i see madisons point about the whole image thing. and yea for partys etc...just not the airport, he's only travelling.

perhaps the new look axl has is due to a stylist......ye never know...although i dont think or care about that

id like to think that when the cds released, the clothes the band wear will not affect the bands popularity and that the interest will grow from people just listening to the music.

its pathetic that people have these prejudices about the band before theyve heard the actual album. im not saying that about people on this board, im saying that people outside of the 'hardcore' gnr fanbase have an issue with the image of an artist.

so much as i would like for the band not to be judged for what theyre wearing, that happens. but you see celebs at airports and all not dressed up in their versace and diamonds. its not a big deal, the press will want to mock them of course, but other than that i think people could let it slide....

what a shitty vain world this is... i cant beleive im even bothering to think about this :blink:

just let the music do the talking

Edited by alternative_ulster

Jesus Christ people why the fuck are we still talking about the way the guy looks? LET IT GO! Everyone. Including Madison. I know we're all trying to make our points here about what is and isn't relevent in the world of music and fasion today, but think about it people. The guy has always dressed the way he wanted. Look at any pics from the 80's to now. Do you think he ever cared what the public thought of him? Honestly, if he really cared Chinese Democracy would have been out YEARS AGO!! He would have just thrown together an album and said fuck it. But no, he doesn't give a shit how many people complain or whine that it's been so long. Hell, if he cared about what people though of him from the 2002 tour he would have taken the braids out. The guy doesn't give a shit and thats what makes him great. That's what makes him a legend. He does what he wants and when he wants to do it. Do you honeslty think he cares how WE VIEW the way HE dresses?? Listen, I don't care how he dresses, how his face looks, how fat/bald people say he is, what color his goattee is. He could come out wearing a pink tu tu in ballett slippers and sing Rocket Queen on a mechanical bull for all I care. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! And neither should any of we. Axl is coming back to rock, and on his own terms, just like he did 20 years ago. Just my 2 cents. Thanks in advance for the bashing guys,

EMC

rock1

I am done. Madison sees things one way.............I see them another way. So we will have to agree to have different opinions on the matter.

Hey you stupid asshole. He is a singer. His aluminum box is a Shure FZX box full of Shure microphones.

So what is the problem here?

Wow dude, you're a little late entering the convo. We weren't talking about his metal case. But whatever. BTW how do u know its a mic. case? Just wondering. Kinda interesting for you to know that if you ask me.

give the fucking guy a break!, people can go an get fucked, the dudes just being a normal guy, he's not on stage???, a rockstar doesn't give a shit about what people think anyway!, i'd rather seen him in this then the bike pants!.

Yeah, just like he thought he looked good in those biker shorts in the 90's. Right?

I love the man because he's different and he does what he wants. I've said it before and I'll say it again...As long as he doesn't end up looking like Michael Jackson he can do whatever he wants.

The Axl of the old days days and the Axl of today are two different people. The Axl of the old days was young, cocky, and didn't give a fuck. The Axl of today is older, maybe a little wiser, but also very more aware of his public perception. He, much like the man you mentioned (Michael Jackson), has gone to great lengths to try to update his image and stay "hip" for teenagers (braids, botox, baggy clothes), but in the end he just comes up looking ridiculous.

If the old Axl ever met the new Axl, he'd beat the shit out of him.

... Do you think he ever cared what the public thought of him? Honestly, if he really cared Chinese Democracy would have been out YEARS AGO!! He would have just thrown together an album and said fuck it. But no, he doesn't give a shit how many people complain or whine that it's been so long....

If you think Axl doesn't care what people think of him or how they react to his music, think again, my friend. That's why he's taken as long as he has to finish the album. He has a tremendous amount of pressure on him to create a masterpiece in the wake of the band's split and all the time that's passed, and I'm guessing he doesn't want to fail. Do you really think he'd be playing his CD to strippers in Las Vegas and clubbers in NYC in the middle of the night if he didn't care what anybody thought?

And then there's the leaked demos .... but that's another story.

.. Listen, I don't care how he dresses, how his face looks, how fat/bald people say he is, what color his goattee is. He could come out wearing a pink tu tu in ballett slippers and sing Rocket Queen on a mechanical bull for all I care. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! ..

Spoken like a true fan. And I'm certain 99% of the people on this forum agree with you.

But it's not the diehard fans that Axl needs to win over -- it's the new fans who don't know his music. And that's where marketing and image come in.