AXL ROSE sighting

vedderone

JUst what is in THAT box?

Is he that paranoid about leaks of the finished material that he carries the only real version of it around with him?

It´s just a make-up box with and extra wig. So don´t get over excited, baby. ;)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care how he looks while boarding an airplane. And to whoever says "Do you dress up to go on an airplane" as though nobody does, you have obviously not lived on the east coast or midwest. The big difference I've noticed living on the Pacific as opposed to those places, is that nobody dresses up out here, but almost everybody did back east. Ohare has a much different looking clientele than does Seattle or Anchorage.

I would agree with you if he hadn't started going into "self-promotion" mode.

Keep in mind -- he's been showing up at trendy clubs in NYC (usually reserved for people who want "to see and be seen"), he's been talking up (and playing) his album for anybody who listens - and just generally raising his public profile. When he starts doing that, he can't suddenly stop when he's at an airport and expect nobody to recognize him. I just think he should be conscious of that - especially when he's been out of the spotlight for so long and wants to engineer a public comeback. *shrugs*

I hate to use Slash as a comparison -- but Slash always dresses the part -- even if he's hammered out of his mind, standing at an airport at 6am, or hanging out at a hotel bar in the middle of night.

When you're re-emerging into the rock world after a 10-year hiatus - and you have people like Scott already railing on your age and looks - you really need to dress the part if you want to attract new fans and remind old fans of why you rule the rock world. Sorry, but you just do. Rockers hire stylists for a reason.

He shouldn't care what Scott Weiland or anyone says. If he is happy with that type of clothes i'm fine with it. I' rather see him in black leather pant like in the 80's. Actually i rather see him with no clothes at all

;)

Don't care how he looks while boarding an airplane. And to whoever says "Do you dress up to go on an airplane" as though nobody does, you have obviously not lived on the east coast or midwest. The big difference I've noticed living on the Pacific as opposed to those places, is that nobody dresses up out here, but almost everybody did back east. Ohare has a much different looking clientele than does Seattle or Anchorage.

I would agree with you if he hadn't started going into "self-promotion" mode.

Keep in mind -- he's been showing up at trendy clubs in NYC (usually reserved for people who want "to see and be seen"), he's been talking up (and playing) his album for anybody who listens - and just generally raising his public profile. When he starts doing that, he can't suddenly stop when he's at an airport and expect nobody to recognize him. I just think he should be conscious of that - especially when he's been out of the spotlight for so long and wants to engineer a public comeback. *shrugs*

I hate to use Slash as a comparison -- but Slash always dresses the part -- even if he's hammered out of his mind, standing at an airport at 6am, or hanging out at a hotel bar in the middle of night.

Axl has never cared about fashion and dressing the part what ever that is, he wears what he likes and doesn't care if people like it or not.

When you're re-emerging into the rock world after a 10-year hiatus - and you have people like Scott already railing on your age and looks - you really need to dress the part if you want to attract new fans and remind old fans of why you rule the rock world. Sorry, but you just do. Rockers hire stylists for a reason.

He shouldn't care what Scott Weiland or anyone says. ...

Well, like it or not - image is important these days.

It's a far different world from the late 1980s and early 1990s. It's no longer enough to drop by a radio station, shake hands with a program director, and let the music do the talking. How an artist is marketed -- whether it's a VH1 appearance or a Rolling Stone interview - can make or break a musician today. And ignoring this would be career suicide.

You lot are all stuck in the 1980's.

Seriously an awful lot of people on these forums have probably not left the house since 1989.

Come on people. If you put Axl in the middle of London in those clothes he would look fine and blend in very well. Some would even think he looked very cool. Either way, he wouldn't stand out.

If you put Slash into the centre of London, skin tight leather pants and all, he would look like a freak. His image is that of an 'ageing rocker'. No one takes him seriously anymore, no one follows any image trend set by Slash.

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Please adjust you calendar to March 2006. It really ain't 1989 anymore.

I don't think Axl's clothes are going to make or break him. If people don't buy the record because of what Axl wears, they obviously suck and aren't GNR fans anyway. People are too obsessed with fashion. I don't care if he wears a dress, sweats, or the same damn outfit for the whole year. I love the music regardless of what he wears.

ARE YOU PEOPLE MAD!?

THAT'S A WOMAN!

Look at the way "he's" standing, with "his" hip sticking out. That's how women stand. And I'm not even gonna start to talk about the pink pants.

:laugh::laugh:

I think this comment just reinforces the point I've been making throughout this thread.

And everybody -- this was a diehard Gunner who made this comment. ^^

Seriously an awful lot of people on these forums have probably not left the house since 1989.

Come on people. If you put Axl in the middle of London in those clothes he would look fine and blend in very well. Some would even think he looked very cool. Either way, he wouldn't stand out...

But that's the point. A "rocker" should stand out - he shouldn't just blend in with the little old lady who's hauling her laundry to the laundromat that day.

.. If you put Slash into the centre of London, skin tight leather pants and all, he would look like a freak....

Exactly! He looks like a rocker -- and stands out like a rocker.

Mission accomplished.

For all you guys that don't think its him. I have something to point out. Notice in the other recent pictures where a grop of fans met him in the airport. Notice the silver metal case he was holding in his hand that some people joked that was holding CD "under lock and key" Then take a look at the SR71 pic and you will notice the same metal case on the floor right next to him. Also, He has the same red jacket on that he was holding in his hands in the other recent pics Make no mistake about it; that's Axl. Leave him alone. Let the dude dress how he wants. May is almost here. That's all we should be worrying about.

EMC

rock1

Come on people. If you put Axl in the middle of London in those clothes he would look fine and blend in very well. Some would even think he looked very cool. Either way, he wouldn't stand out.

If you put Slash into the centre of London, skin tight leather pants and all, he would look like a freak. His image is that of an 'ageing rocker'. No one takes him seriously anymore, no one follows any image trend set by Slash.

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:

Please adjust you calendar to March 2006. It really ain't 1989 anymore.

Umm, maybe I missed the part where Slash was trying to set fashion trends. He wears what looks good on him. The man almost always looks cool. He still does and that's really all we need to talk about him in this discussion.

How come anyone who doesn't like these clothes on Axl must automatically be stuck in the 80's? That's a joke. The clothes look bad. They just do. Ever see the show, "What Not To Wear"? They'd take Axl in a heartbeat. These clothes, plus his jerseys, just don't flatter him. And it's too bad because he can still pull off a really cool rock n' roll look.

His look that we've seen most of this year though (with the goatee), is better IMO. We'll see how Axl really wants to present himself in the context of his band soon enough, summer is coming fast.

In short I don't really care how he dresses. It's not a pressing issue. I just voice my opinion on it, that I'd prefer him to wear something different (notice I'm not advocating spandex with hairspray and make up :rolleyes: ). I think deep down we all want to see him looking the part of a kick ass rock star, to go along with the most important thing, which is the music. There's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by KBear

For all you guys that don't think its him. I have something to point out. Notice in the other recent pictures where a grop of fans met him in the airport. Notice the silver metal case he was holding in his hand that some people joked that was holding CD "under lock and key" Then take a look at the SR71 pic and you will notice the same metal case on the floor right next to him. Also, He has the same red jacket on that he was holding in his hands in the other recent pics Make no mistake about it; that's Axl. Leave him alone. Let the dude dress how he wants. May is almost here. That's all we should be worrying about.

EMC

rock1

Great work detective.

EMC

rock1

556160679_l.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

wow is that all people can do is bitch about how he dresses or looks, fuck dude who cares he likes it. And look at at how fucking scott dress and looks and other bands. Dont like it dont listen to him or go to a show.

Exactly. I wonder what people on mygnr.com wear on a fucking airplane...........tuxedos?? cocktail dresses?

Give the dude a break. He's traveling to book shows for YOUR fucking ass to see. See the bigger picture and realize you are about to have Guns n' Fucking Roses rocking in your country/town.