AXL ROSE sighting

vedderone

Well, like it or not - image is important these days.

It's a far different world from the late 1980s and early 1990s. It's no longer enough to drop by a radio station, shake hands with a program director, and let the music do the talking. How an artist is marketed -- whether it's a VH1 appearance or a Rolling Stone interview - can make or break a musician today. And ignoring this would be career suicide.

Yes but nobody can go at gun point and force him to wear black leather pants, staight long hair and a bandana.

i'm not happy about his clothes and braids either. But if that is what he wants to wear so be it

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the record isn't even fully mixed or mastered yet it's a no-brainer that it's not floating about on fucking CD as a finished article! You kids don't know much about making music do you. :rofl-lol:

Well your original gunner Slash also said it was coming out in March so obviously he doesn't know much about music (especially GOOD music ) either since he sold out for Scotty boy.

I doubt wearing some comfortable baggy clothes while checking in for your air ticket will make or break your comeback. :rolleyes:

He may have worn this stuff for dozens of flights already before finally getting phone-cammed by a fan.

Edited by PS_PoWeR

Exactly. I wonder what people on mygnr.com wear on a fucking airplane...........tuxedos?? cocktail dresses?

Give the dude a break....

It's constructive advice - meant to help him as he returns to the rock world.

I'm sure everyone here wants to see him succeed - but, from a marketing perspective, the oversized sweatpants/sweatshirts (that look as if he just picked up whatever was clean that day) don't help his image. They make him an easy target - not just from Scott but from critics in general. Just an observation.

Considering the record isn't even fully mixed or mastered yet it's a no-brainer that it's not floating about on fucking CD as a finished article! ...

You're making a lot of assumptions. :book:

Exactly. I wonder what people on mygnr.com wear on a fucking airplane...........tuxedos?? cocktail dresses?

I'm sure everyone here wants to see him succeed - but, from a marketing perspective, the oversized sweatpants/sweatshirts (that look as if he just picked up whatever was clean that day) don't help his image. They make him an easy target - not just from Scott but from critics in general. Just an observation.

Maybe i'm just not very fashion conscious, but I still don't see a big deal with the whole thing. Everyone has the right to dress like a 'normal person' once in a while...

...you're such a girly girl, madison. :lol:

I doubt wearing some comfortable baggy clothes while checking in for your air ticket will make or break your comeback. :rolleyes:

He may have worn this stuff for dozens of flights already before finally getting phone-cammed by a fan.

And if you are flying long trips with layovers, you want to be comfortable.

Yeah, when I go on long flights, like I said, I wear these baggy soft raggy-looking sweats with big pockets to hold stuff. I dont even comb my hair because it'll get messed up during the flight. It's the practical way, when you will be sleeping for much of the flight.

It's like people here are expecting Axl to walk up to the check-in counter in his SCOM video gear or something. :P

Maybe i'm just not very fashion conscious, but I still don't see a big deal with the whole thing. Everyone has the right to dress like a 'normal person' once in a while...

Madison was hoping Axl would arrive at the airport gates in a kilt. Or better yet biker shorts! Cause Axl is so fashionable!

Yeah, when I go on long flights, like I said, I wear these baggy soft raggy-looking sweats with big pockets to hold stuff. I dont even comb my hair because it'll get messed up during the flight. It's the practical way, when you will be sleeping for much of the flight.

It's like people here are expecting Axl to walk up to the check-in counter in his SCOM video gear or something. :P

When I fly, I try and take nonstop flights (within USA) and I dress casual/comfortable. People need to realize Axl Rose is just another person. Yes, he fronts GNR but he's also just a regular dude.

Well your original gunner Slash also said it was coming out in March so obviously he doesn't know much about music (especially GOOD music ) either since he sold out for Scotty boy.

WTF, how the fuck would Slash know or even care, he hasn't been involved with G 'n' R for 10 or more years!

Dude you need to get over VR, it's a different band. Are you bent outta shape about Adler's Appetite or Izzy or Gilby's bands too? This is about Guns 'n' Roses, and the man that destroyed that band and is now a laughing stock in the music industry for taking OVER a decade to deliver new product is one W.Axl Rose.

G'n'R is dead my friends and Chinese Democracy and the forthcoming 'tour' that will either bomb or self-destruct, just like the last one, will prove it. :fuckyou:

... Maybe i'm just not very fashion conscious, but I still don't see a big deal with the whole thing. Everyone has the right to dress like a 'normal person' once in a while.....

Once in a while? :blink:

Dude, he's been in seclusion for 10 years. I think he's had plenty of time to "dress down." But when you're out there starting to promote yourself, your music and your image to new fans and old ones after a 10-year break, you have to carefully plan your image.

It's called marketing and promotion dude.

Like it or not, image is a huge part of marketing music today. It just is.

WTF, how the fuck would Slash know or even care, he hasn't been involved with G 'n' R for 10 or more years!

Dude you need to get over VR, it's a different band. Are you bent outta shape about Adler's Appetite or Izzy or Gilby's bands too? This is about Guns 'n' Roses, and the man that destroyed that band and is now a laughing stock in the music industry for taking OVER a decade to deliver new product is one W.Axl Rose.

G'n'R is dead my friends and Chinese Democracy and the forthcoming 'tour' that will either bomb or self-destruct, just like the last one, will prove it. :fuckyou:

I never got into VR to have to worry about getting over them.

And dude you need to realize this thread is about an Axl sighting...........NOT the original Gunners and other shit talk comments you are making.

Do yourself a favor and go to the VR forum or go to original gunners section and play there.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

When I fly, I try and take nonstop flights (within USA) and I dress casual/comfortable. People need to realize Axl Rose is just another person. Yes, he fronts GNR but he's also just a regular dude.

A flight within' U.S.A is about 5 hours maximum. When you are flying overseas to Europe and Asia it's twice/three times as long. There is no reason to care about fashion at that point. Just wear something soft and bring a thin jacket because it will get cold in the plane.

Axl's just traveling like any other dude. Some fan takes a cellphonecam pic of him from behind while he standing next to his luggage at check-in, and suddenly the mygnr.com fashion police go nuts! THIS WILL RUIN HIS CAREER!

....lol.

Madison was hoping Axl would arrive at the airport gates in a kilt. Or better yet biker shorts! Cause Axl is so fashionable!

Joke all you want.

The fact is image is a huge part of marketing music today. It's just the way it is.

And to plan a successful comeback, you can't ignore image.

Joke all you want.

The fact is image is a huge part of marketing music today. It's just the way it is.

And to plan a successful comeback, you can't ignore image.

Madison, please. :rolleyes:

This is Axl Rose.........the greatest frontman of rock. He's traveling on a plane..............NOT getting ready to take photos or stage a comeback.

Even Jessica Simpson, Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake dress WAY down when traveling, yet have different images when at a party or in concert.

It's called marketing and promotion dude.

Like it or not, image is a huge part of marketing music today. It just is.

That's only because the majority of music today only has the image to focus on, IMO.

I agree with you that he should dress well in public -- but I think an airplane is a little different. I do see your point though.

Then again, maybe i'm a total dag or something, because I don't think the red tracksuit is so bad... :ph34r::rofl-lol:

Wow!!!!!! That's Axl oh, right. And he's gonna too one of the places i wannta go too. I would like too go too costa Rice then head down too south American. Axl gonna where I wannta go. I'm sure a lot of people go to center American or wanna go. I'm one of many.

I know a whole bunch of people are making fun of the way Axl dressed in the pic, but don't you think it would be kind of awkward if we saw Axl dressed like this in the pic or nowadays...

Axl_034.jpg

Well actually...

It would be pretty cool, but it would still be awkward.

This is Axl Rose.........the greatest frontman of rock. He's traveling on a plane..............NOT getting ready to take photos or stage a comeback.

He is a celebrity, which means whenever he goes out to a public place, people are gonna recognise him and take pictures and stuff. He should be aware of this, like Slash (as Madison said).

We die hard GN'R fans don't give a shit what he wears, but if he want CD to be a big fuckin' record, he must attract new fans.

He is a celebrity, which means whenever he goes out to a public place, people are gonna recognise him and take pictures and stuff. He should be aware of this, like Slash (as Madison said).

We die hard GN'R fans don't give a shit what he wears, but if he want CD to be a big fuckin' record, he must attract new fans.

Obviously you and Madison don't understand Axl and since when has Axl Rose done anything to adhere to policy?

So he's supposed to dress up so he can be noticed just because he's famous?

Newsflash: Axl prefers low key.

He's on an airplane. Save the celebrity status when he's actually doing his job...............performing.

As I said earlier, most people that buy GNR records could care less what Axl wears. Is image important? Yes. Should image be important? No. Will Axl's image make or break him......NO! I really can't believe there are 7 pages devoted to discussing Axl's outfit at the airport.

I know a whole bunch of people are making fun of the way Axl dressed in the pic, but don't you think it would be kind of awkward if we saw Axl dressed like this in the pic or nowadays...

Axl_034.jpg

Well actually...

It would be pretty cool, but it would still be awkward.

There's norhing wrong with how Axl dress. I wont care if Axl aways wore sweat pants ect. Why should Axl be made fun of? Iam missing something?