DUFF MCKAGAN Responds To AXL ROSE

mahimahi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody ever thought about this possibility?? Maybe the rumors that Slash was re-joining Axl this summer(which was started by Ross Hafflin BTW) were true. Then maybe Slash backed out because of his commitments to VR or for whatever reason, and that pissed off Axl which ignited Axl to go Axl and put out that press release. Remember when Buckethead left??? Axl then released a statement hammering Buckethead.

It makes sense............and I see it as a possibility. :book:

"grasping at staws" now? :rofl-lol:

Duff and Slash has for the last 3 years used every chance they had in the media to blame Axl for the breakup in the early 90s.

In fact both Slash, Duff and Matt has tried to do everything they could to put Axl in the shadow of their sucsess by telling fans in interviews that he was the trouble maker "and now that the trouble maker is gone we have a better band named VR for you".

In fact VR has gained a lot of money in the way they have abused Axl and the name GNR.

I dont find Duffs or Scotts statement suprising or intresting. Save ass and fans on this board, thats what its all about.

People that do not want to see this or have not understood this, have not been very updated about their media manipulating.

By the way Duff is maby even more fraud than Scott, with his picking talentless bass playing and stupid maggot face.

makes a lot of sense, I agree

I'm sorry but, I must admit that I almost shit myself laughing at the NIN photo thread.... IMO this is all PR and nothing more. Taken from a looooong time fan...please remember the power of PR. Enough said.

If you want my deepest heart felt opinion....these guys are still friends and the PR is the link to everlasting happiness in the GNR world....period.

I'm sorry but, I must admit that I almost shit myself laughing at the NIN photo thread.... IMO this is all PR and nothing more. Taken from a looooong time fan...please remember the power of PR. Enough said.

If you want my deepest heart felt opinion....these guys are still friends and the PR is the link to everlasting happiness in the GNR world....period.

Franchelle good points... where is the random capitilisation? :blink:

Has anybody ever thought about this possibility?? Maybe the rumors that Slash was re-joining Axl this summer(which was started by Ross Hafflin BTW) were true. Then maybe Slash backed out because of his commitments to VR or for whatever reason, and that pissed off Axl which ignited Axl to go Axl and put out that press release. Remember when Buckethead left??? Axl then released a statement hammering Buckethead.

That is what I have been thinking. Makes sense to me.

Always been a Duff fan as well, after the breakup. I was cringing opening the thread, thinking it might be another Wacko Weiland rebuttal.

Good job Duff, no matter what the motive, trash talking back won't get either party anwhere.

Haha,

I was cringing too hoping that this wasn't another Scott response. It was definitely a relief to see Duff respond this way. I expect Slash's response to be similar to Duff's in regards to maturity.

Slash goes over to Axl to try to work things out and yet doesn't drop the lawsuits.. of course Axl is going to be pissed off, which is why he released the statement he did. Now all of that is quite obvious. What I'm guessing is if the lawsuits were dropped Axl would have been willing to work things out... I'm not talking reunion or anything far fetched like that. I'm talking Axl may have settled out of court.

Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

To me this is the key sentence and I'm not sure why everyone overlooks it.

Sounds like they may have been resolving their differences. Slash may have wanted in GNR due to lets say a lack of qualilty music with VR. A meeting may have taken place at the home of Mr. Rose.

As it says in the statement Axl released, he was hopeful Slash would "live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war". Maybe Slash refused to drop the lawsuits and that is what caused them to feud again.

Axl may have released his statement due to the fact that Slash would not drop the suit even though he wanted in GNR and definitely had no business talking about CD and spreading shit about a release date.

Thats my theory, I think something like that happened.

Edited by uzeurilluzion

well.. reading this article proves one thing... DUFF is SPINELESS! :P

Or maybe Duff is a man, and doesn't want to get involved in this petty he said/he said shit!!

maybe that's why slash called him spineless.. cause he caves in to any situation and doesn't get involved in anything.. for example

Scott: "ok i want the band to go in a whole new experimental direction..."

Slash: "WTF... no way.. let's stick to rock!"

Scott: "nah man, fuck rock.. lets go all crazy about it"

Slash: "What the hell.. well me and duff aren't gonna be part of that.. right duff?"

Duff: "...er.. you guys do what you want, i'll stay out of it!"

Slash: "You spineless piece of shit!!"

see.. it make sense so it must be true :P

Slash goes over to Axl to try to work things out and yet doesn't drop the lawsuits.. of course Axl is going to be pissed off, which is why he released the statement he did. Now all of that is quite obvious. What I'm guessing is if the lawsuits were dropped Axl would have been willing to work things out... I'm not talking reunion or anything far fetched like that. I'm talking Axl may have settled out of court.

I'm just saying people overlook this and think that Axl just released this statement for the hell of it. It clearly states that Slash, at least made it out to seem like he was going to work things out with Axl and then he would not drop the lawsuit.

I agree it seems very obvious but I think alot of members on here think Axl released the statement for the hell of it, without provocation.

i've always liked duff, i think he's a good guy!, but he might be a little spineless :P

Not spineless...indifferent. I think both Izzy and Duff are that way. They just want to rock and don't give a fuck. Axl and Slash are the ones who are very vocal about their opinions.

I really am starting to wonder why Duff didn't deny Slash saying those things.... :unsure:

i've always liked duff, i think he's a good guy!, but he might be a little spineless :P

Not spineless...indifferent. I think both Izzy and Duff are that way. They just want to rock and don't give a fuck. Axl and Slash are the ones who are very vocal about their opinions.

I really am starting to wonder why Duff didn't deny Slash saying those things.... :unsure:

well sly were about to find out what slash has to say! should be interesting.

Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

To me this is the key sentence and I'm not sure why everyone overlooks it.

Sounds like they may have been resolving their differences. Slash may have wanted in GNR due to lets say a lack of qualilty music with VR. A meeting may have taken place at the home of Mr. Rose.

As it says in the statement Axl released, he was hopeful Slash would "live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war". Maybe Slash refused to drop the lawsuits and that is what caused them to feud again.

Axl may have released his statement due to the fact that Slash would not drop the suit even though he wanted in GNR and definitely had no business talking about CD and spreading shit about a release date.

Thats my theory, I think something like that happened.

That sounds like it could be a true theory. That Slash wanted in Guns N Roses but he wasnt willing too drop the lawsuits. And Axl got pissed and wanted northing too do with Slash.

How do you figure??

How do you figure??

To me, this makes the most sense. Plus, this would clear Axl of being a liar cause it would explain why he made the complete 180 since the Korny party.

Sly, it would be pointless and not Duff's place to deny anything. He wasn't even there.

As you said, he's a always been a standup dude and it would be uncharacteristic for him to interject himself and start throwing accusations. If anyone needs to further confirm or deny in this case it's Slash and Axl, the 2 parties reported to be directly involved...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Sly, it would be pointless and not Duff's place to deny anything. He wasn't even there.

As you said, he's a always been a standup dude and it would be uncharacteristic for him to interject himself and start throwing accusations. If anyone needs to further confirm or deny in this case it's Slash and Axl, the 2 parties reported to be directly involved...

Couldn't have said it better. <_<

The more that comes out from this story the more I feel that there was actually a chance of an Axl/Slash reunion in the works. It may be that I'm a fan of conspiracy theories or a string of big coincidences, but look at the facts: Haflin posts on his website that original members of GNR aside from Axl will be performing in Europe, Slash gives numerous interviews praising both Chinese Democracy and Axl, Axl of all people has kind words to say about Slash in the Rolling Stone interview from the Korn party (when was the last time Axl said anything positive about Slash?), rumors (granted unconfirmed) circulate on the internet that Slash is working with Axl, then we have the sudden statement issued by Axl's lawyers stating that Slash visited his house to "bash" the VR bandmates. The fallout is an immature tirade from Scott Weiland and a pretty noncommittal response from Duff. Call me crazy, but either Slash and Axl were reunited for a few months before another fallout or they have cooked up a massive publicity campaign for each other. From all the statements heard thus far though, it is apparent that Slash and Axl have had more contact with each other than in the past ten years.

Your not crazy.I think Axl and Slash have more contact in the past 10 years. Sounds like it from reading stuff here. Slash gonna too Axl place ect. I think Axl wants Slash back. But Slash wont drop the lawsuit. So Axl's piss off at him. And Slash's isnt happy playing in V.R because Scott cant do shit. I think Slash would be better off dropping the lawsuit and getten back with Axl. Just mine thoughs

The more that comes out from this story the more I feel that there was actually a chance of an Axl/Slash reunion in the works. It may be that I'm a fan of conspiracy theories or a string of big coincidences, but look at the facts: Haflin posts on his website that original members of GNR aside from Axl will be performing in Europe, Slash gives numerous interviews praising both Chinese Democracy and Axl, Axl of all people has kind words to say about Slash in the Rolling Stone interview from the Korn party (when was the last time Axl said anything positive about Slash?), rumors (granted unconfirmed) circulate on the internet that Slash is working with Axl, then we have the sudden statement issued by Axl's lawyers stating that Slash visited his house to "bash" the VR bandmates. The fallout is an immature tirade from Scott Weiland and a pretty noncommittal response from Duff. Call me crazy, but either Slash and Axl were reunited for a few months before another fallout or they have cooked up a massive publicity campaign for each other. From all the statements heard thus far though, it is apparent that Slash and Axl have had more contact with each other than in the past ten years.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: