DUFF MCKAGAN Responds To AXL ROSE

mahimahi

DUFF MCKAGAN Responds To AXL ROSE - Mar. 14, 2006

VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan has responded to a press release issued last week by GUNS N' ROSES frontman W. Axl Rose.

Rose lambasted his former GUNS bandmates, McKagan and VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash, claiming that the latter called VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland a "fraud" and McKagan "spineless" in an early morning meeting at Rose's house last year.

McKagan told Launch that he would rather not get involved in the situation at all. "I think, you know, a lot of it's really unfortunate, very difficult," he said in an interview conducted last Friday (March 10). "I've always just wanted to make great music and that's what I plan on doing. As far as a rebuttal to what he said, or what Slash has said, I won't get involved in a war of words, you know. People say all kinds of stuff and I'm not going to be one of them."

Scott Weiland was not as diplomatic. In a posting at VELVET REVOLVER's official web site, Weiland called Rose a "fat, Botox-faced, wig-wearin' fuck." Weiland wrote that Rose had an "unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics — who's the fraud now?"

Weiland also slammed Rose for taking more than a decade to make the still-unreleased GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy", saying, "How many albums have you put out, man, and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called 'band' to make (the album)?...We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last 10 years?" The last GUNS N' ROSES tour, in 2002, ended abruptly after just a handful of shows.

Weiland concluded by calling Rose a "frightened little man who once thought he was king."

A VELVET REVOLVER spokesperson told MTV.com that Slash would issue his own response within days.

Rose's initial press release accompanied his countersuit against Slash and McKagan, who have sued Rose over licensing, publishing and royalty issues.

McKagan told Launch that VELVET REVOLVER will enter the studio on April 10 to begin recording its sophomore album.

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=49575

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nothing But A Fuckin' Pussy" - Shotgun Blues

Duff is just keeping shut to make sure Axl doesn't sue his ass off. Then he'l have to sell his house. Without his house, his Hot-Ass wife will leave him and Duff will become a nobody. Adler would even pity him.

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I hope Slash's response come out soon.

Can't wait to hear what Slash has to say...

Still, it's a shame that it's come to this, and that hopes of a reunion some day are all but gone.

Then again they are just throwing words, and lawsuits at each other. None of which really matter...

Never say never.

Guest swwet_child

Interesting... he doesn't deny the fact that Slash really said those things like Scott did. :book:

Can't wait for Slash's response! rock4

Duff is very level headed and maybe some of you guys don't see it but so far he is the only one who has handled the situation properly and he has earned my respect. You Rock Duff! B)

Edited by W. Axl Kev

sounds to me like Duff don't wanna get in a fight with Axl.. and also that he wanna forget past fight an unjustices. I think he does the right thing and I think Axl would've never posted he's statement. But, that said, he still sues Axl wrongly.

It will be interesting to hear what Slash has to say in this matter.

Also again, I just realised I looking forward to hear the new Velvet Revolver album, even though I didn't really like Kontraband.

Edited by evil_l

Interesting... he doesn't deny the fact that Slash really said those things like Scott did. :book:

Can't wait for Slash's response! rock4

I really believe what Axl said happened really did happen. I just cant imagine Axl pulling that statement out of his ass if its 100% a lie. He may have stretched what happened, but I really believe Slash said those things.

Good to see Duff take the high road.

Agreed.

Credit where its due, he deserves more credit than Scott(and Axl for that matter) for at least acting sensibly and not posting a load of abusive tpying like a silly little teenager!

Will Slash confirm he was a Axl's house last October? we'll see.

UK SUBS.

I agree also. Scott and Axl acted like a couple of pathetic, whiny, petty high school girls.

Can't wait to hear what Slash will say.

I predict: Slash will confirm he was at Axl's house. Slash will deny saying those things, that way, all his hard-core fans will give him the benefit of the doubt, and will just put it down to "nasty Axl picking on him", again!!

Seriously though, IF Slash confirms he was there after only weeks after saying he hadn't seen Axl in 10 years, that will lose him credability with some people(NOT his 'hard-core' though!) IF Slash denies seeing Axl(or attempting to visit Axl) last October, then its over to Axl to prove that he can back up what he said, and why he said it. Of course Axl also conformed he hadn't seen Slash in 10 years also weeks before this statemnt(well, if the media story was to be believed? - a fucking mess either way you look at it - it's 'funny' 13 years on after seeing Axl and Slash on stage at Milton Keynes bowl, 1993, never thought it would come down to this shit :( what the hell happened....

I just wonder if something really 'juicy' will come out of Slash's statement?

He was going to rejoin Axl in GNR and at the last minute cancelled because of "issues"?? maybe then some of his hard-core would be more than a little puzzled.

OK, I'm getting way to ahead of myself :P

Over to Slash I guess>>>

UK SUBS.

Didn't Axl also say he hadn't seen/spoken to slash for 10 years?

What would that do to axls statement?

So what we have is people who were or are in GnR taking shots at eachother, then counter shots.Now Duff has been adult and refused to get involved( note he has not defended Slash ) and on the side lines we have scit woland pissing in the tent.

Slash needs to come out and open his fucking mouth instead of letting his druggie bitch woland do it, but well done to Duff for realising he would be out of his depth.

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I predict: Slash will confirm he was at Axl's house. Slash will deny saying those things, that way, all his hard-core fans will give him the benefit of the doubt

UK SUBS.

That's what I expect also. He may say they were talking business(re: back catalog) and lawsuits, but would be surprised if he goes into much further detail.

Axl and Slash have said the exact same things about not having seen each other in the past 10 years, and it will be easy for them to say they hadn't spoken until this recent incident and wanted to keep things private so as not to stir up a frenzy in the press that could also upset their respective band members.

Pretty easy to explain and understandable, IMO. Nothing to flame either guy over--some shit really isn't our business until they choose to make it so.

Edited by Turn_It_Up