DUFF MCKAGAN Responds To AXL ROSE

mahimahi

Good words from Duff.

Glad to see he doesn't want to act like a child like his band's leader.

And what about Axl? Everyone's waiting to hear Slash's response and fair enough, but I'd just as much like to hear Axl's explanation on why he had his lawyers include that irrelevant, malicious paragraph. That was a complete bullshit move. So, why Axl, why?

Kinda contradicting yourself there TIU, no?

Wanting to hear Axl explanation(as I do!) then assuming its "malicious" and "irrelevant"? - sounds like you've already made your mind up?? perhaps the point is that Axl actually thought it was VERY relevant - thats why he included it!(right or wrong in anybody's eyes).

You know my thoughts, I think either way Axl should have taken the high road and didn't, BUT(unlike Slash hard-core fans) they well might have been a reason why he said it.

It will also be intersting to hear peopels responses(depending on what Slash's statement reads - I'm open minded up to this point) as to their stance, bearing in mind many people in the original therad whne Axl released this bombshell said he was making it up, and there was "no way Slash went to Axl's house" and if he did it was a sign of Axl wanting Slash back in GNR...

We'll see...

UK SUBS.

I'm sure the "hard-core" Slash fans will respond pretty much like you did. Taking sides without actually taking sides. Act as if they're trying to be objective and non-commital, but it's obvious where their loyalties lie.

Just a guess. :kiss:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. reading this article proves one thing... DUFF is SPINELESS! :P

:lol::lol::lol: ......now can he be a man and kick Slash in his balls?

He just admitted what Slash said about him and FRAUD boy is in fact true.......... Slash will do the same, will pussy out of this too! :laugh:

Edited by Funeral

Axl's statement was idiotic and unnecessary to start all of this. I was really suprised that he would try and make Slash look so bad after Slash seemed to be supporting Axl.

Very strange, there is obviously something that Slash did to piss off Axl. Something had to have happened that no one knows about except VR and GNR members, possilby only Axl and Slash.

Scott's statement was even more idiotic. That just sounded like a little kid responding. Granted he had a right to respond as he was mentioned but that was childish.

Duff is the only one who handled this well so far. That was incredibly well stated, he did not say one bad thing about anyone so I don't know why so many people on here are trying to say Slash must have gone to Axl's house or Slash must have said something. Where is this coming from? I actually think Duff really wants to stay out of it, and if you are going to infer anything from his statement it is that VR are doing just fine cuz he said they will be in the studio April 10th.

I really don't understand how VR can get along with Scott, well, Duff anyways, there seems to be a big difference in maturity level. You would have to think that Duff/Slash must grow tired of antics like Scott's comments, I know I would.

Slash is responding in a few days so most likely Duff will let Slash do all the talking and that is why he is not saying anything.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by uzeurilluzion

Well in the absence of any record I think it's fun with a little action :rolleyes: .

Slash's statesment is going to clear a lot of shit up.. I mean.. what if he in fact was at Axls mansion and said these things.. That would make him to leave Velvet Revolver, who the would change into Camp Freddy, because Matt Duff and Scott already are members of that group.. haha.. that would be cool :rofl-lol:

Good words from Duff.

Glad to see he doesn't want to act like a child like his band's leader.

And what about Axl? Everyone's waiting to hear Slash's response and fair enough, but I'd just as much like to hear Axl's explanation on why he had his lawyers include that irrelevant, malicious paragraph. That was a complete bullshit move. So, why Axl, why?

Kinda contradicting yourself there TIU, no?

Wanting to hear Axl explanation(as I do!) then assuming its "malicious" and "irrelevant"? - sounds like you've already made your mind up?? perhaps the point is that Axl actually thought it was VERY relevant - thats why he included it!(right or wrong in anybody's eyes).

UK SUBS.

Sorry, SUBS, fail to see the contradiction since that paragraph was completely out of place in that release--and yes, irrelevant and malicious in that context--unless you think Slash supposedly calling his band members names has ANYTHING to do with the court case or anything legal. C'mon!!! ;)

Clearly, at least to me, that was included for one purpose--to try and embarrass Slash and cause problems within VR. It was nothing more than a bitter personal attack provided by his lawyers since Axl doesn't dare speak directly these days unless cornered at Korn parties. The real mystery here is what provoked the strange outburst, but having his lawyers put out supposed name calling within VR is 100% bogus, high school stuff...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Duff has always taken the high road in regards to Axl and the breakup. If you have read old interviews from 1997 onwards, he never says anything bad about Axl. He's just pragmatic about the whole thing without harboring any ill-will. He's a real standup guy.

The only thing that troubles me is that his comments seem to indicate that Slash may have in fact have made those comments.... :blink: