Mercks responds email to Renato from HTGTH

AGS

Maybe Merck is just tired of getting these kinds of questions from people who are trying to kiss his ass. "Ooh, Merck, I've been a fan since '91/'92, so tell me the release date of CD!!" If I were Merck, I'd be laughing my ass off at these people. Like he cares that someone has been a fan since such and such a year. He's management for fuck sakes. Even Axl wouldn't give two shits if someone has been a fan since '91.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Merck is just tired of getting these kinds of questions from people who are trying to kiss his ass. "Ooh, Merck, I've been a fan since '91/'92, so tell me the release date of CD!!" If I were Merck, I'd be laughing my ass off at these people. Like he cares that someone has been a fan since such and such a year. He's management for fuck sakes. Even Axl wouldn't give two shits if someone has been a fan since '91.

so true

Merk just doesn't know anything. Axl is the one that would know first and I don't think he knows for sure. It's always a last minute thing with him. He's probably working on the mastering stage and giving his input on that process. It depends how picky he gets and how far into the details he goes as to how long it will take. Right now they probably only know that it's being mastered and will be released after that. I doubt Axl has allowed himself to take a decade to make Cd and then have any time-frame put on him for how long he can take to master the album. Merk knows nothing.

first and last sentence in your post: AMEN!

Yeah, I'm sure that as CEO of Sanctuary Records, the management company selected by Guns n' Roses, Merck is completely out of the loop :confused:

A far more plausable scenario is that the information (if it does exist) is just not ready for dissemination.

Do we expect that Merck's going to say "Well we're planning a surprise launch in May, just finaliszing the T's and C's. Oh, just please keep that to yourselves, we don't want that information going to the general public just yet"

cool. he didnt deny it so a announcement must be close

Yeah, at least it wasnt a denial, and its the first one regarding a release date i can remember. The only other non-flat out denials were regarding tour dates and we all know how that turned out

too bad you think this way

Merck was cool enough to responde my secong email right before I sent, the first one he said "Thank you for your email. I appreciate your comments and when the album comes out with the finished versions of the songs I assure you the fans will be very happy and the haters will feel like they have been kicked in the nuts!" when I said to him that we the FANS are just downloading the leaked demos to show to all of the fuckers that always said that Axl was "dead" or he will never make music again... don´t you think thats a killer answer?! well, I FUCKING DO man.

well, english is not my first leanguage, so I talk this way with all my frieds outside Brazil and post here and in HTGTH

and NO, I´m not that Renato that Axl said at RIR 3... but I remember something about the GNRONLINE and the GNRX forum

c-ya

too bad you think this way

Merck was cool enough to responde my secong email right before I sent, the first one he said "Thank you for your email. I appreciate your comments and when the album comes out with the finished versions of the songs I assure you the fans will be very happy and the haters will feel like they have been kicked in the nuts!" when I said to him that we the FANS are just downloading the leaked demos to show to all of the fuckers that always said that Axl was "dead" or he will never make music again... don´t you think thats a killer answer?! well, I FUCKING DO man.

well, english is not my first leanguage, so I talk this way with all my frieds outside Brazil and post here and in HTGTH

and NO, I´m not that Renato that Axl said at RIR 3... but I remember something about the GNRONLINE and the GNRX forum

c-ya

It's nice he responds to people, but we've heard that this CD will kick everyone's ass. We've heard that plenty of times. It is completely pointless to issue e-mails to someone such as Merck who really will never give a true answer regarding the release date. People would have to be extremely gullible to believe that this guy will actually give you some sort of hint as to when the album will be released, even after all these years.

I can see Madison sending Merck e-mails as something to look at with a curious eye. However, fans who are "dedicated" to Guns and thinking that will give them some sort of secretive path to an answer are in for an automated response. People are wasting their time to find stuff out that we know already. It's time to leave Merck alone, until something rock solid is presented to us.

While I think we are reading more into this than there actually is, I do see this as a very positive reply.

It could be a bitchy reply - as in "just fucking wait and see, man" - but why would Merck take time out to say that. I'm sure this guy gets hundreds of emails everyday - replying to fans isn't high on his list of priorities. Its cool that he replied.

that´s my opinion too dude