What is Tommy doing?

Route66

Reuters are reporting that the surviving members of legendary post-punk band the Replacements have reunited to record their first new songs in 16 years.

Singer/guitarist Paul Westerberg, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Chris Mars convened in the band's Minneapolis hometown to record "Message to the Boys" and "Pool & Dive." The Westerberg-written tunes will appear on the retrospective CD, "Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?: The Best of the Replacements," due June 13 via archival label Rhino Records.

WHEN THIS IS SUPPOST TO BE HAPPENING! :o

GN'R Start Rehearsals

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 28 March 2006

Guns N'Roses started rehearsals this week out in Burbank, according to Buddyhead.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=28232.0

I know its only 2 songs but he is employed by GNR to be around when they are rehearsing surely..

and STILL no statement from Slash. I wonder if the rumour reunion stuff has some meat after all. Ah well we'll have to wait for an official announcement from Axl or Merck.

Reuters are reporting that the surviving members of legendary post-punk band the Replacements have reunited to record their first new songs in 16 years.

Singer/guitarist Paul Westerberg, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Chris Mars convened in the band's Minneapolis hometown to record "Message to the Boys" and "Pool & Dive." The Westerberg-written tunes will appear on the retrospective CD, "Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?: The Best of the Replacements," due June 13 via archival label Rhino Records.

GN'R Start Rehearsals

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 28 March 2006

Guns N'Roses started rehearsals this week out in Burbank, according to Buddyhead.

I know its only 2 songs but he is employed by GNR to be around when they are rehearsing surely..

and STILL no statement from Slash. I wonder if the rumour reunion stuff has some meat after all. Ah well we'll have to wait for an official announcement from Axl or Merck.

Cant he just do both???

About a reunion is just like you said: we have to wait for an official statement

GN'R Start Rehearsals

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 28 March 2006

Cant he just do both???

About a reunion is just like you said: we have to wait for an official statement

He probably could do both but i wonder what Axl would think about that? IMO It seems to show he's not 100% focused and commited to GNR.

With Slash and Duff.. i just dont know what to think. Duff hasnt denied anything whilst Slash hasnt said anything. Thats VERY wierd for Slash. He's usually out being a publicity whore... i find it very hard to believe he wouldnt comment on the things Axl said unless something IS going on.

Also, for me.. too many people are talking about this reunion. Ross Halfin, Lars Ulrich, Kid Rock etc etc.. it cant be complete bullshit.

i'd love to be in Burbank right now rock3

Edited by Route66

ye doubt itd take long to do, coudlnt give a shite if he aint in gnr anyway as long as they have a good "replacement"!

AXL is gnr, it dont matter about the rest they are just hired hands im afraid, until they prove otherwise with some quality material and a sucessful tour, its difficult to even call them a band.

He’s playing on 2 songs already written, it’s not gonna take him a month or anything is it?!!

He’ll go in, put down his parts and go again. I can’t see it taking more than a day or two. People need to chill out a bit.

LP

He’s playing on 2 songs already written, it’s not gonna take him a month or anything is it?!!

He’ll go in, put down his parts and go again. I can’t see it taking more than a day or two. People need to chill out a bit.

LP

What about videos for new songs if they are to be singles? What about a replacements reunion tour in support of the greatest hits? These options must have been discussed.

Also, i'm sure i heard rumblings on some other message boards that Tommy was becoming frustrated at the continuing GNR delays. Sometime back in Dec or Jan.. plus i wonder if he'll tour with Soul Asylum.

For me this is a lot of side projects when the GNR bandwagon is suppost to be rolling along again. Even Dizzy doesnt have this much going on. In fact i think Mr Stinson is REALLY active compared to other GNR members at the moment. <_<

LP

What about videos for new songs if they are to be singles? What about a replacements reunion tour in support of the greatest hits? These options must have been discussed.

Also, i'm sure i heard rumblings on some other message boards that Tommy was becoming frustrated at the continuing GNR delays. Sometime back in Dec or Jan.. plus i wonder if he'll tour with Soul Asylum.

For me this is a lot of side projects when the GNR bandwagon is suppost to be rolling along again. Even Dizzy doesnt have this much going on. In fact i think Mr Stinson is REALLY active compared to other GNR members at the moment. <_<

Normally i would dismiss its meaning as to whether a chance of a reunion is really there. However, the other replacements members seem really into this and serious about whats happening. And The Replacements are a big band you know, its not like Tommy can do them on the side as well as Guns N Roses.

Plus there was an artucle the other day where the guy had claimed Velvet Revolver had split up, can't remember the exact article (but it was posted on here i think).

It would appear to make sense wouldn't it, but only if the legal battles are just cover ups.

WE'll wait and see i guess.

most best ofs have one or two new songs to promote the album and make it sell. here's some examples:

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits-Sympathy For The Devil

Aerosmith Oh Yeah! Greatest Hits-Lay It Down and Girls of Summer

Motley Crue Red White and Crue-Street Fighting Man, Sick Love Song, If I Die Tommorow

KISS Smashes, Thrashes and Hits-Let's Put The X in Sex and (You Make Me) Rock Hard

Ramones-Greatest Hits Live-R.A.M.O.N.E.S. and Any Way You Want It

don't worry, Tommy's still in Guns :shades:

most best ofs have one or two new songs to promote the album and make it sell. here's some examples:

Guns N' Roses Greatest Hits-Sympathy For The Devil

Aerosmith Oh Yeah! Greatest Hits-Lay It Down and Girls of Summer

Motley Crue Red White and Crue-Street Fighting Man, Sick Love Song, If I Die Tommorow

KISS Smashes, Thrashes and Hits-Let's Put The X in Sex and (You Make Me) Rock Hard

Ramones-Greatest Hits Live-R.A.M.O.N.E.S. and Any Way You Want It

don't worry, Tommy's still in Guns :shades:

I get your point but sympathy for the devil was off the "interview with a vampire" soundtrack, it ain't new

Im too much of wanker to let you get away with that, sorry :P

GN'R Start Rehearsals

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 28 March 2006

Cant he just do both???

He probably could do both but i wonder what Axl would think about that? IMO It seems to show he's not 100% focused and commited to GNR.

With Slash and Duff.. i just dont know what to think. Duff hasnt denied anything whilst Slash hasnt said anything. Thats VERY wierd for Slash. He's usually out being a publicity whore... i find it very hard to believe he wouldnt comment on the things Axl said unless something IS going on.

Also, for me.. too many people are talking about this reunion. Ross Halfin, Lars Ulrich, Kid Rock etc etc.. it cant be complete bullshit.

i'd love to be in Burbank right now rock3

When did Lars and Kid rock mention anything?... :unsure:

Tommy is stil lin GnR - the replacements thing wont have taken more than a day or two.

Tommy turned down flat a replacements reunion proper. This boxset has meant to be coming out almost as long as chinese democracy :P

VR is about to start recording an album.

If Duff and Slash got into Guns again then we would never see Chinese Democracy.

The guys that have stood by and worked on CD for a decade deserve to be the ones on the album and on the tour. Recording a couple bass tracks for songs that are already written would not take much time and energy at all.

The odds of a Mats reunion are exactly on par with an original GNR reunion-ZILCH. NADA.

For Westerberg, he would want to do it, but drummer Chris Mars is so not into it. And Tommy is not really into it either (and obviously has other demands now). This is as far as it gets for us Mats fanatics. Trust me, I'm probably one of the biggest Mats fans on this board, and old enough to remember the band quite well. Of course I would want a Mats reunion.

We'll probably see something when (not 'IF') they get into the R'n'R Hall of Fame. But that's about it. We'll take what we can get.

What about this one then.

What would be an ideal way to get the lawsuits dropped? What would make Axl, Slash and Duff happy? think about it people...

I wish i knew what was going on but like everyone else i dont. So an announcement should come soon yeh? Well its 2 months to the tour and nothing...

What if Axl has decided he doesnt want the lawsuits anymore and wants Slash back in GNR to replace Buckethead. Slash would be happy for this outcome also as he has openly said he would return if "other" things were sorted out. So they would both be happy i guess. Duff.. i'm really not sure where his loyalties are given that he helped Scott out of drug addiction and i'm pretty sure he'd like to be back with GNR.

Again, i dont know but without an announcement from GNR or their management its all a bit wierd. 2 months until the tour kicks off.. a whole bunch of celebs and fans talking about GNR reunion rumours. To top it all off publicity whore Slash has been completely silent on the supposed visit to Axl's house. Its VERY strange that he has yet to comment especially since the VR camp said he would release a statement in days. Does Axl know something VR management dont? Maybe Slash has already agreed to rejoin GNR? Maybe Axl tried to seal this by releasing his statement regarding Slash. I mean.. what better way to make sure that Slash doesnt rejoin VR than to say the things he did. True or not. I doubt Slash has many friends in VR right now.

All theories so feel free to flame me but they are very hard to disprove without a statement from GNR or Slash.

I just want to know what band i'll be going to spend hard earned money to see in the summer.

This is probably me being a lil bit too positive, but ive been thinking, does only Richard Fortus and Dizzy have the dates confirmed on their sites. Ive seen no mention of dates on Tommys site or Robins site (Chris Pitman, who knows) but this seems as though they need to fill in a bassist and a lead guitarist :rolleyes:

Tommy's been clamped on to Axl's pant leg like a rabid terrier all this time, no way does he leave now if the album's on the verge of release and the band's gearing up to tour. Tommy wouldn't have the balls to leave IMO and Axl would have to physically force him out the door(or have Earl do it), change the locks and go into professional hiding to get away. Maybe that's what the recent pics with the goatee and unusually bad clothes have been about--Axl going incognito.

All makes sense now... :rofl-lol: