look at it from a differant point of view

ssiscool

Support the people in the band, sure no problem, the fact remains buckethead isnt, and it looks like Slash quit,

Could slash rejoin, ya why not, nothing would surprise me after all this time,

Look at 14 yrs of Sweet F$$$ all, look at the cancelled tour, look at a tour this year with no official

Announcment, website, Axl all over New York, yet dosent talk to reporters. why would somone not talk,

there's onw thing i know,

for what ever reason guns broke up in the 90's as most people had predicted they woull from 88 onwards, after all they were a club band that exploded on to the worlds stadge.

At the same time the leaks that have emerged would sell and are much better than anythin any other members have come up with over the past 10 years.

The tour in 02 did not work that well, and maybe Axl has realised this. Ya leeds and some shows went down well. but the same appetite was not there.

tiem heals a lot of wounds and maybe, just maybe Axl and slash might get back together. After all Axl did say he showed up in the middle of the night!

The $$$ involved with a renunion would be massive.

Support the people in the band, sure no problem, the fact remains buckethead isnt, and it looks like Slash quit,

Could slash rejoin, ya why not, nothing would surprise me after all this time,

Look at 14 yrs of Sweet F$$$ all, look at the cancelled tour, look at a tour this year with no official

Announcment, website, Axl all over New York, yet dosent talk to reporters. why would somone not talk,

there's onw thing i know,

for what ever reason guns broke up in the 90's as most people had predicted they woull from 88 onwards, after all they were a club band that exploded on to the worlds stadge.

At the same time the leaks that have emerged would sell and are much better than anythin any other members have come up with over the past 10 years.

The tour in 02 did not work that well, and maybe Axl has realised this. Ya leeds and some shows went down well. but the same appetite was not there.

tiem heals a lot of wounds and maybe, just maybe Axl and slash might get back together. After all Axl did say he showed up in the middle of the night!

The $$$ involved with a renunion would be massive.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care how talented slash is, he's a quitter. He quit on axl 10 years ago when axl wanted to do something different, and now, when it's so close to finally coming out, he'll be welcomed back for no good reason? Axl will stick with the band who has stuck with him and his crazy ass through the entire period of doing nothing, simply because he knows he can trust them.

right if you look at the situation from slash's view.

slash joined guns n roses to play music.

he plays with them for ages

he quits due to the direction the band is going

he sets up snakepit again.

he then disbands snakepit to set up velvet revolver with duff and matt

after problems in the VR camp he goes to Axl's house??

Guns N' Roses set up a tour in 2006 but a buckhead replacement has not been announced

*up to this point most is true*

this is what i belive is happening now

slash quits VR due to problems

he then returns to Guns N' Roses or sets up snakepit again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i am not saying this is what will happen but its what COULD happen.

if he does join GNR i'll be happy

if he re-forms snakepit i'll be happy

but with all the speculation that he has been Axl's House this is what people might start to think

the only way we will find out for sure is when GNR have their first show.

also if the mods think this is a waste of time just delete it :)

Kids today...locking forward to x-mas?

I think Slash heard the leaks and is now too busy chewing on Axl's cock trying to get back in the band to make any statement.

LP

;)

It makes alot of sense. I think it could be happening. I really hope so. We have to just wait and see.

Everyone is so quiet. There is something going on, that's for sure.

..well..perhaps the mastermind himself is in a BIG BIG FUCKIN' doubt...

...haha...everything' was planned so well...and then mr. saul hudson gets sentimental...

right if you look at the situation from slash's view.

slash joined guns n roses to play music.

he plays with them for ages

he quits due to the direction the band is going

he sets up snakepit again.

he then disbands snakepit to set up velvet revolver with duff and matt

after problems in the VR camp he goes to Axl's house??

Guns N' Roses set up a tour in 2006 but a buckhead replacement has not been announced

*up to this point most is true*

this is what i belive is happening now

slash quits VR due to problems

he then returns to Guns N' Roses or sets up snakepit again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i am not saying this is what will happen but its what COULD happen.

if he does join GNR i'll be happy

if he re-forms snakepit i'll be happy

but with all the speculation that he has been Axl's House this is what people might start to think

the only way we will find out for sure is when GNR have their first show.

also if the mods think this is a waste of time just delete it :)

Totally agree. One more reason to think that it's possible:

Slash said that the only way he would go back was if CD came out and blew anything he, Duff and Matt could do. So suppose he heard the demos, and we all know that they are better than anything on Contraband, and he agrees. Therefore, the possibility of a reunion is that much more possible. I'm not hoping, I'm not praying, I'm not doing anything. But if it happens it would be cool.

Going back to the lawsuit thing with Slash showing up at Axl's house...

If it did really happen, don't you think Slash would be really pissed at Axl for telling what happened in the lawsuit? I mean if he was really there to make amends and all of that, I'm sure he'd be very angry that Axl went behind his back so quickly again and listed the conversation in the lawsuit. The result would be Slash leaving VR because of the things he said about him, but possibly not re-joining Guns because of what Axl did. That would suck.

if Slash leaves VR and join GNR so shortly after Weiland insulting Axl would be kind a like Slash would see Scott from a different point of view and stop liking him and like Axl more... that would be cool.

but have you noticed this is the only Slash re-join Guns N' Roses thread that have not been said something like, oh not this kind of thread again, never going to happen or something like this...

well I didn't read all the reply's but I read the first page

Good post.

Axl said that the break up in was "like a divorce" in that Rolling Stones interview. He also said that it was hard to make the music that felt like Guns n' Roses but that the new music was starting to feel like it.

The new band is an amazing unit and has a great sound especially on the new material but one almost has to totally dispell the identity of the old band to get what GN'R was about in the first place. Maybe thats what 10 years of silence was for. I've seen both and I for one want to see what the new band has to say before I either dismiss them as "hired guns" or embrace them as GNR. I want to see if they are in fact a true band or a bunch of high priced studio muscians.

From a money point of view this rumour if it were true would be huge.

I think it would be great for a thaw to occour with the old group and that there be a series or at the very least "one off" shows with the old band. The power and the product of the new band is amazing but for me it largely remains a solo album effort anyway (and that is not a slam on the band)

Look at some of the greatist bands in history.

Led Zeppelin- cut down before its time with the death of BonHam

Beatles-could you imagine a mid 70's reunion show?

Queen-Without Mercury and all the madness it largely is a nostolgic show.

Pink Floyd- without Waters it largely became a Gilmour solo effort/sound

I think its time to start using your illusions.

i'm a new poster here, i'm a guns fan through and through and i have a ticket for the Dublin gig. If they were to reunite. game fucking on. it would be awesome to see them come on late, everyone getting impatient and then the opening to Welcome to the jungle came on. Then a smoke filled stage and alls you see is a sillouette of Slash in his top hat. it would be a dream come true,

Pink Floyd- without Waters it largely became a Gilmour solo effort/sound

Which is sadly the same demon Axl will always battle as long as his band is called GNR. Much like Floyd minus Waters, Axl will release a successful album and be a great touring draw. Also like Floyd, New GNR will never be able to get out from under the Old Band/Appetite legacy the way a Waters-free Floyd never surpassed their success from the "Wall" era.

All Axl needs to do is call David Gilmour and ask about the electric environment experienced at Live-8 for the reunion with Roger versus all of the shows they played in the 80-90's without him to see that fans will always clamour for the line-up that put the band on the map over an incomplete version that lives in it's own band's shadow.

The leaks are great and Slash could play them easily.

Some solos sound already like Slash !!!

It would be fantastic if he came back !!! :heart:rock4

There's no way Slash could not play the solos in Better.

could you play any of slash's solos like say paradise city

Robin finck and Richard Fortus can. So can Buckethead. most guitarists can play GNR solos.

Robin finck and Richard Fortus can. So can Buckethead. most guitarists can play GNR solos.

so slash would be able to play the solos in better. i was making a point