look at it from a differant point of view

ssiscool

right if you look at the situation from slash's view.

slash joined guns n roses to play music.

he plays with them for ages

he quits due to the direction the band is going

he sets up snakepit again.

he then disbands snakepit to set up velvet revolver with duff and matt

after problems in the VR camp he goes to Axl's house??

Guns N' Roses set up a tour in 2006 but a buckhead replacement has not been announced

*up to this point most is true*

this is what i belive is happening now

slash quits VR due to problems

he then returns to Guns N' Roses or sets up snakepit again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i am not saying this is what will happen but its what COULD happen.

if he does join GNR i'll be happy

if he re-forms snakepit i'll be happy

but with all the speculation that he has been Axl's House this is what people might start to think

the only way we will find out for sure is when GNR have their first show.

also if the mods think this is a waste of time just delete it :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a summary, i like it

also the fact that slash was apparently to make a statement as regards to the visiting axl thing, then didnt

i think him quiting Velvet Revolver is possible, but i also think this rumour couldve come from the band just having a fight. but you dont break up a band over a fight, like you get over fights and get on with it.

people could well pick up on this one mention on metal sludge and itll spread like wildfire. doesnt make it any more true if we read other websites/magazines/etc.. reporting it. but if it the rumour becomes big enough people will have to talk to dismiss it or whatever.

and if he does quick, joining GNR is a possibility i think but not a cert. i think/hope he will do something though, form a new band and all

i said this in another post but anyway.

If he fronts up on stage at the first concert on May 27 or whatever,, fuuck it will be absolutely unbelievable. Its just like Axl to pull a stunt like that too. i really hope Duff goes back too. I like duff, i think 2 bass players in a band would be awesome and three guitarists.. Its a rock opera....................keep dreamin

...wouldn't it be a bit awkward for Finck and Fortus? Slash would effectively be replacing Buckethead, who had a tendency to stand around doing bugger all, and Slash is rather more active... I mean, how would they divvy up the solos on the old material? Would Slash be willing to trade licks with Fortus in the Nightrain solo? Would he let Finck and Fortus play the first two solos on November Rain? Would he let Finck play the main SCOM solo? And would fans feel short-changed if he did?

SG

That's a good post. I think Slash would probably want to take on the "bigger" solos himself (NR, SCOM etc) I can't see how he would mind them playing things like the nightrain riff. Also the otherway round it would be a little awkward Slash playing the riffs/solos Finck and Fortus wrote. It is possilbe. they pulled it off with Buckethead, they can do it easily with Slash.

...wouldn't it be a bit awkward for Finck and Fortus? Slash would effectively be replacing Buckethead, who had a tendency to stand around doing bugger all, and Slash is rather more active... I mean, how would they divvy up the solos on the old material? Would Slash be willing to trade licks with Fortus in the Nightrain solo? Would he let Finck and Fortus play the first two solos on November Rain? Would he let Finck play the main SCOM solo? And would fans feel short-changed if he did?

SG

nothing on Fincks website about GNR.

nothing on Stinsons either.

GNR on Fortus website.

Slash is quite as a mouse.

Neither Slash or Duff have defended Weiland after his outburst towards Axl.

Alan Niven seems to be holding out for a GNR reunion. Just like Ross Halfin, Kid Rock and Lars Ulrich. Rumours are coming from everywhere about this.

Make of this what you will but all these rumours wont go away until we have an annoucement. I have a very good feeling that Axl and Slash (at least) will be back together playing very soon. :)

Remember also that Axl and co apparently told all current GNR members to keep quiet.

Edited by Route66

It all sounds good..

One question...Do we know for sure that Slash went to Axls house??

I missed out on that.

Axl said so in a lawsuit - I doubt he'd lie there, there would be too many reprecussions. I suspect that the shit's hit the fan at Camp VR regarding Slash's statements, and he's decided to walk away. Hopefully he'll be walking in the direction of Camp GN'R...

SG

I want Chi Dem without Slash...

I want to see what the last 13 years was all about....

I want to see if he can do it without them or not...

And then...

Once he's made his point...

Slash can return, and we all live happily ever after...

not before.

And then...

not before.

If you don't want Slash in GUNS N'ROSES, you should seriously think about finding the door...

If Slash returns,i think Finck will leave..He knows that in that case he will be standing in Slashs shadow and he can`t really except anything else..After all that`s what the majority of Gn`r fans want..Slash back!.

And then...

not before.

I fucking agree, i want cd first rock3