Finck - Love him or Hate him?

W. Axl Kev

Personally I think Finck is an excellent guitarist. I'll admit I never used to like him but his playing and style has grown on me. I take this from live performances/demos etc. He clearly has talent and I think Axl chose the right guitarist. He is much better suited to GNR than Buckethead ever was.

He may have been sloppy at times during the 2002 tour but you know that can be a number of things i.e. nerves, being unfamliar with the material etc. I think he did make mistakes though because he closed his eyes when he was playing :laugh:

Anyway I like Finck - Do you?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Finck :)

He played like a piece of shit in 2001 and 2002 with that horrible noise his guitar makes. And on the leaked stuff, the best work is by buckethead and by brian may.

I'd rather take slash, to be honest.

I saw them in 02 at Leeds, they rocked and so did robin, opinions differ i guess ;)

I like Finck :)

He played like a piece of shit in 2001 and 2002 with that horrible noise his guitar makes. And on the leaked stuff, the best work is by buckethead and by brian may.

I'd rather take slash, to be honest.

I saw them in 02 at Leeds, they rocked and so did robin, opinions differ i guess ;)

Yup i guess. The axllites seem to love him most (not saying you are like), because they bum anything done by the new band. But fincks guitar sounds rele weird. I dunno, maybe he will grow on me.

Totally unproven at the level G'n'R have attained. Doesn't have the ability or charisma of Slash and if he wasn't good enough for Trent why the fuck is he good enough for Axl?

he left trent dip shit

and as far as charisma he has by far enough of that

now ability.. i think in 01 02 he didnt... but guitar is one of thoses thing that you just practice and practice and then your abilitlys improve ..and gnr has a one of a kind sound and the way they play is one of a kind so he could have eather just not have been used to it or just need sum more practice!

Mr. Robin Fink belongs in gnr in my book :book:

Totally unproven at the level G'n'R have attained. Doesn't have the ability or charisma of Slash and if he wasn't good enough for Trent why the fuck is he good enough for Axl?

he left trent dip shit

and as far as charisma he has by far enough of that

now ability.. i think in 01 02 he didnt... but guitar is one of thoses thing that you just practice and practice and then your abilitlys improve ..and gnr has a one of a kind sound and the way they play is one of a kind so he could have eather just not have been used to it or just need sum more practice!

Mr. Robin Fink belongs in gnr in my book :book:

I see so someone who is stilll only learning is good enough for GNR and axl,

it sickens me that I know so many gifted guitarist and this guy (nice person though he is) has been giving this sort of break.

I don't understand why people defend I really don't when your in a band with such high status your expected to be able to play and even be exceptional not needing bleedin practice!

Fact is if this was the real Guns N Roses they be tellin this guy to get a guitar teacher, just because Axl wants a yes man who is just grateful to be there does'nt mean, we all have to say in chorus "your wonderful"

objectivity is a spice of life, tis a shame Buckethead left, I didnt like him at first but his work on the demos is impressive

Edited by Mr Estranged

He is ok at playing guitar but I don't like him on background vocals coz his voice sucks. All he do is just shout, NOT sing. I think Tommy and Dizzy may sound better.

his background vox rock on nightrain rock3

Yes, Robin is a great guitarist, and he has a great vibe on stage. He's perfect for the band.

I like him. He's not a bad player at all. there are some areas where he was rough around the edges but wasn't the tour to get these guys used to playing these type of venues? I mean in a huge live area like that you're dealing with a totally different way of playing. You can have delay in your monitors, you can not hear yourself or be nervous etc. I think that he has the ptoential and will be able to prove it through the album and future tour. A bit early to say he's great but I like him and think that he may be a fine fit.

He is ok at playing guitar but I don't like him on background vocals coz his voice sucks. All he do is just shout, NOT sing. I think Tommy and Dizzy may sound better.

his background vox rock on nightrain rock3

Yes, Robin is a great guitarist, and he has a great vibe on stage. He's perfect for the band.

AD... usually, I'm pretty with you on supporting the new band... but I'm not with you on the vocals. He needs like, 2 or three basic singing lessons, and needs to learn to carry a note. Until then, Tommy can sing.

Well I like him. He seems like a nice and fun guy.

And now with his new haircut. (looks like jesus)

I think he will add some new levels to Guns. I think his preformens in the blues showes that he can write great stuff. Some might call it simple. I call it beautiful.

Go finck!

I think he gets way to hard a time from the folks here.

No, he's not Jimi Hendrix. But my God, you'd think the guy started playing the damn guitar last week to hear some here go on and on.

Here's the rub. I doubt most even know what they are talking about or could articulate why they think he sucks. I think the vast majority who bury him are just bandwagoners trying to look cool.