Finck - Love him or Hate him?

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully he's used the four years or so since the last tour to brush the fuck up.

I remember when Finck quit the band, Axl was pretty candid about his abilities. He said something along the lines of Finck holding them back, and Finck leaving to go back to NiN was actually a good thing for new-GNR. Not sure why he changed his mind; he was right.

Zakk Wylde would have been so cool, sigh....

PS. Ditch the fucking stance, Fink :). It's almost as bad as that new Metallica bass player's crab stance.

Edited by Ant

He is ok at playing guitar but I don't like him on background vocals coz his voice sucks. All he do is just shout, NOT sing. I think Tommy and Dizzy may sound better.

his background vox rock on nightrain rock3

Yes, Robin is a great guitarist, and he has a great vibe on stage. He's perfect for the band.

yeah his style is perfect for the new songs, and I like the raspy background vocals by robin, buckets technique is great, but I still find it souless, robin solo on better rocks, cant wait to hear CD and find out.

Fink is the man, and he plays with a whole lot of emotion. I think he has added a lot of interest with his interpretations of some of the older solos. I hope he is a lot more consistent this time around though.

Raspy? Robin? Are you sure?

Isn't that Tommy? I could be wrong... :unsure:

As for Robin, I love everything about him. He's my favorite member other than Axl, and that includes all the original members.

Robin's voice is usually pretty high, maybe you guys should check out Nine Inch Nails' "And All That Could Have Been" (the DVD and the CD). Robin sings some back-up on those. He also does a stage dive on the DVD. :wub:

Not to mention how damn sexy Robin is. :ph34r:

Robin's Official Site

hmm :wub::ph34r:

I remember when Finck quit the band, Axl was pretty candid about his abilities. He said something along the lines of Finck holding them back, and Finck leaving to go back to NiN was actually a good thing for new-GNR. Not sure why he changed his mind; he was right.

Hmm yeah I read an interview with Axl where he spoke about how Robin contributed very little to the song 'Oh My God' and he was very reserved in his playing. Maybe Robin figured it was a good career choice to hang with Axl.

Zakk Wylde would have been so cool, sigh....

I disagree there. Zakk Wilde I never thought would be good for Guns N' Roses - His style of shredding is far too heavy if you ask me. It would not be Guns N' Roses as much as it would be Knives N' Wrists.

I like him. Hes not slash, but hes with Axl and thats all that matters.

Yeah fair comment. He does the job and judging by the leaks he is doing an outstanding one.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

He's a great rythm guitarist and an average lead one. I love his versions of the SCOM solos. I would like Fortus and Finck to switch lead between the two of them if another guitarist hasn't joined.

I quite like him. I love his backing vocals but agree that Stinson and Dizzy have better ones.

I'll take Nightrain with the new band (+Buckethead) over the old band... that's how much I respect Buckethead's work on that song. Hopefully Axl & Co. can dig up another virtuoso to play alongside Robin...

HAHAhahaha WTF :anger: - that's the most fucked up comment yet on this board. Nightrain is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll songs ever recorded and Slash n Izzy fucking wailed on it both in the studio and live. I piss on Buckethead, his brutal gimmicks and his widdly widlly scientific guitar schlock. Buddy, go jerk off to your Vai and Malmsteen discs and leave the REAL rock n roll to those that understand and appreciate it. Prefer the new band's version!!!!!! ROFL what a douche :fuckyou:

i strongly disagree! What Buckethead did on Nightrain was amazing and took the song one step higher! Listen to the Boston 2002 Nightrain and you'll see what I mean! WoW!!

I like Finck :)

He played like a piece of shit in 2001 and 2002 with that horrible noise his guitar makes. And on the leaked stuff, the best work is by buckethead and by brian may.

I'd rather take slash, to be honest.

anyone ever noticed that nearly everytime slash picks up a guitar his head is pointed down?

least finck plays eyes closed

I'll take Nightrain with the new band (+Buckethead) over the old band... that's how much I respect Buckethead's work on that song. Hopefully Axl & Co. can dig up another virtuoso to play alongside Robin...

HAHAhahaha WTF :anger: - that's the most fucked up comment yet on this board. Nightrain is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll songs ever recorded and Slash n Izzy fucking wailed on it both in the studio and live. I piss on Buckethead, his brutal gimmicks and his widdly widlly scientific guitar schlock. Buddy, go jerk off to your Vai and Malmsteen discs and leave the REAL rock n roll to those that understand and appreciate it. Prefer the new band's version!!!!!! ROFL what a douche :fuckyou:

i strongly disagree! What Buckethead did on Nightrain was amazing and took the song one step higher! Listen to the Boston 2002 Nightrain and you'll see what I mean! WoW!!

although robins backing vocals were a little.... shit

Robin is the new sound of GNR, like Slash in the past. He has a great feel for the music he's playing, which makes him a great lead for me. Other than Buckethead, who can rip for sure, but sounds like your playing Pacman on your Comodore64 in a fast forward way. Technique for sure, but feel deff. NOT!!!

Robin Finck for lead (& president!!!)