RIR website boasts a 'suprise' lineup

mynameisjonas

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WISHFUL THINKING WILL CONTINUE TO HAUNT US INTO WANTING TO BELIEVE THAT SLASH OR ANY ORIGINAL MEMBER, FOR THAT MATTER, MAY RETURN TO THE LINE-UP.

HOWEVER, IF WE COULD, FOR A SECOND, CONSIDER THAT VERY FAR FETCHED, THEN MAYBE THAT SURPRISE THAT AXL & CO. HAVE IN STORE FOR US IS THE DEBUT OF THEIR SINGLE, CITR, WITH BRIAN MAY ON GUITAR.

IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, BRIAN MAY HAS CONFIRMED HE'LL BE PERFORMING WITH GN'R IN IRELAND, SO MAYBE IT HAS TO DO WITH THIS, MORESO THAN ANY OTHER POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT WHICH, LET'S FACE IT, DOESN'T SOUND THAT PLAUSIBLE.

BUT, IN THE END, THIS IS GN'R WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, SO, AS THE SONG GOES, ANYTHING GOES... MAY 15TH, PLEASE HURRY UP AND GET HERE ALREADY, I SWEAR IT'S LIKE WATCHING WATER BOIL - IT TAKES FOREVER!!!

YOUR THOUGHTS...

he didn't say he was playing in with them Ireland, someone thought that but they just read it wrong

i do believe that Axl asked May to join Gn'R a while ago, but Brian said no because he said he was too old.

But didn't Brian May mention on his website that he was doing the show in Dublin?

he didn't say he was playing in with them Ireland, someone thought that but they just read it wrong

i do believe that Axl asked May to join Gn'R a while ago, but Brian said no because he said he was too old.

But didn't Brian May mention on his website that he was doing the show in Dublin?

Nope, i do believe it was a mistake, people were jumping to conclusions

but the Queen + Paul Rodgers tour is over - and it would be awesome to see Brian as part of Guns!

Well, a month till we find out, i guess

Edited by jc524

That would be awesome if Brian showed up.

NEWS FLASH

it's gotta be brian AS A SPECIAL GUEST

think about it,if gnr are playing 2 SHOWS IN NEW YORK, then the line up can't be much of a suprise, seeing as the only people that klnow about the suprise know from the internet, and the same people will know before rio

THEREFORE using the other guy;s reasoning, IT'S GONNA BE BRIAN MAY AS A SPECIAL GUEST

he's DEFINITLY GONNA PLAY CITR, he's PLAYED WITH GNR NUMEROUS TIMES

so i think for rio, we're gonna see Brian May.

To finish, think about it this way. Maybe he heard about how people wanted to see him with gnr and decided to special guest.

If it is Slash, it will be amusing to see the slash haters start furiously backtracking here..... :rolleyes:

Izzy returning would be a nice surprise though I doubt he'd ever go for it without the original band backing him....

Like others have guessed, it's Brian May, Buckethead, or the unnamed 3rd guitarist....

If it was Slash, expect the roof to fucking fall down and the RIR fans to go apeshit. Axl's disillusion even in his distaste for the old gunners I doubt would argue that Slash on stage in RIR would be welcomed with deafening roars.

If not Slash, I would happily accept Buckethead back.....but Slash....he would give this band some major cojones and credibility....

One could easily read into the Axl/Matt Sorum story if one chose to.

Both in NYC

Both hanging out in NYC (by chance?)

Axl driving Matt to his hotel.

It's a story ripe for speculation...

if one chose to...

That would be awesome if Brian showed up.

NEWS FLASH

it's gotta be brian AS A SPECIAL GUEST

think about it,if gnr are playing 2 SHOWS IN NEW YORK, then the line up can't be much of a suprise, seeing as the only people that klnow about the suprise know from the internet, and the same people will know before rio

THEREFORE using the other guy;s reasoning, IT'S GONNA BE BRIAN MAY AS A SPECIAL GUEST

he's DEFINITLY GONNA PLAY CITR, he's PLAYED WITH GNR NUMEROUS TIMES

so i think for rio, we're gonna see Brian May.

To finish, think about it this way. Maybe he heard about how people wanted to see him with gnr and decided to special guest.

But I would think they would say surprise "guest" as opposed to surprise "line-up" if it were Brian May. Well, either way, only about a month until we know for sure!

Brain May would be awesome. I have recently seen the Queen and Paul Rodgers tour here in san diego and Brian without a doubt has to be one of the best guitarist of all time. Paul Rodgers singing in place of the great Freddie Mercury leaves something to be desired.