Can Axl pass off 'Techno-Industrial' as Rock N' Roll?

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetness,

I'm not familiar with your posts in the past, but I just want to point out that I don't think for a minute AXL thinks HE WAS GN'R. Some of his real nutswinging fans may think that, but I honestly feel he has a healthy respect for the old band and what they brought to the table creatively and performance wise. I think he felt the need to wrestle control of the band away from the others because he thought they were on a self-destructive path- both physically (drugs, booze) and professionally (a general "head in the sand" approach to the alternative/grunge revolution)... BUT NOT because he thought they were shitty musicians or easily replacable. If nothing else, the fact that he's taken so damn long with this album demonstrates a pretty healthy respect on his part for the fact that GN'R sustained some MAJOR losses when Slash, Duff and Izzy walked out the door... the kind of losses where you don't just hire three other schmucks and turn the page...

:o

I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel.

and me

I don't think Axl = GnR, either.

Then I'm not refuring to you in my sig, but those who still say "Axl is GNR". It doesnt matter anyway :rolleyes:

Also, I do enjoy keyboards, but on a 'song' like My World or Silkworms, it's just complete shit.

Cool, I just dont like keyboards.

do you listen to the illusion albums? Theres keyboards on most of the songs.. And IMO they help make a lot of them. 14 years or Civil War just wouldn't be the same.

Do you like the electronic noises the new band put on the intro of November Rain? Random question.

The new band also added electronic noises to You Could Be Mine... (They can't play it ! :lol: )

why are you here?

It would be the same thing If i visit a Iron maiden forum (cant stand their music) as you being here and bash gnr every day

do you listen to the illusion albums? Theres keyboards on most of the songs.. And IMO they help make a lot of them. 14 years or Civil War just wouldn't be the same.

14 years has keyboards?

The only song I like with noticeable keyboards is Dont Damn Me. Or maybe thats an organ... I dont know, I just think they sound cheesey. Excuse Me

The new band also added electronic noises to You Could Be Mine... (They can't play it ! :lol: )

why are you here?

It would be the same thing If i visit a Iron maiden forum (cant stand their music) as you being here and bash gnr every day

He's a terd. If you ignore him he still won't go away. :anger:

hivoltage: no, i'm not particularly fond of the way the new band does the november rain intro.. But I do like the rest of the version.

sweetness: you don't like Civil War, Estranged, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Breakdown, or Bad Obsession? :unsure:

and yes, 14 years has piano/keyboards.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

sweetness: you don't like Civil War, Estranged, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Breakdown, or Bad Obsession? :unsure:

and yes, 14 years has piano/keyboards.

Im talking about electronic keyboards :rolleyes: I love Axl's piano on the Illusions.

But electronic keyboards just sound anoying to me, they are too clean and poppy.

He did it with My World and it sucked BALLS. If he does it with the magority of this album he wont be able to pass it off as Rock N' Roll, keyboards are NOT Rock N' Roll.

But I can see some of Axls loyal fans still likeing it, because it is his work. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because you define what Rock N' Roll is supposed to be :rolleyes:. For your information, rock did start before 1986, and oh yes, keyboards and organs were used in plenty of rock bands.

Your whole post is retarded. My World isn't exactly techno-industrial, just so you know. Axl doesn't want to "pass his album off" as Rock N' Roll. He's just making a damn album, attempting to create his own music. Musicians tend to do that.

his post was not retarded merely an opinion you disagree with, it strikes me that you've lost objectivity in your pursuit of fanaticism, your harsh reaction to what was an inoffensive post would suggest you are a member of the cult of Axl, reclusive celebrities seem to attract insecure people who are searching for some one to identify with, perhaps you should read the Bible or the Koran what ever floats your boat

although I do agree theres nothing wrong with keyboards or going a non rock n roll direction, to be honest its what hes good at, izzy was the rolling stone element, slash the bluesy metal and Duff the punk, Axl was always the over the top ballads man

personally I doubt it will be industrial at all but i am worried that it may contain a bit more ballads then it needs

that is my opinion

ps just looking at the post above me, im going to defend madagascar I think thats a wonderful track, synths have a great abilty to add colour to a song, you know give it a real feeling, its not guns n roses but hey this band isnt guns n roses so theres no point in comparison, this is Axl and friends and I like the Madagascar direction

why are you here?

to be fair you can enjoy the music of this band while not accepting it as GNR, I love "madagascar" and "better" but I see them as part of a Rose solo project with alot of promise not Guns N Roses, the band who released Use your Illusions, Lies and Appetite, its a difference of opinion, if he likes this bands output why can't come here and discuss it? As I recall "you could be mine" was written by Slash/Duff/Izzy/Rose thats not the same band your on about, "the blues" on the other hand is this new band, i like it, I come here and discuss it

not to discuss the work of others

Edited by Mr Estranged

cuz criticism deserves just as much an outlet as praise, if we all just loved em n this was a gnr dick sucking contest it'd be kinda boring dont u think? let the dude have his say...

your dead right

viva Democracy!

Thanks Mr Estranged, and I agree with you on the Axl N' Friends thing. Thats what Ive been calling this band lately.

not a problem, people can get carried away and they need to be brought back down to earth, the emphasis here should be on discussion not on conformity

Edited by Mr Estranged

to be fair you can enjoy the music of this band while not accepting it as GNR, I love "madagascar" and "better" but I see them as part of a Rose solo project with alot of promise not Guns N Roses, the band who released Use your Illusions, Lies and Appetite, its a difference of opinion, if he likes this bands output why can't come here and discuss it? As I recall "you could be mine" was written by Slash/Duff/Izzy/Rose thats not the same band your on about, "the blues" on the other hand is this new band, i like it, I come here and discuss it

Um if you haven't accepted this as GNR, its time. Its 2006 now, and shit changes.

YCBM was written by Axl and Stradlin. Look it up.

BTW, I just got my ticket for the hammerstein gig and I can indeed confirm that the name of this band is Guns N' Roses. Might as well just accept it.

Um if you haven't accepted this as GNR, its time. Its 2006 now, and shit changes.

BTW, I just got my ticket for the hammerstein gig and I can indeed confirm that the name of this band is Guns N' Roses. Might as well just accept it.

I come from a point of view, that is deeper than mere legalities, call it an artisan perspective, where a band is more than one and his hired help, but a shared vision held by a group, Names can be bought and sold but what they represent cannot, I consider myself above this type of shallowness that would allow others and their work be forgotten because they fell by the mantra of "shit changes" and because they werent the most popular member of the band

by the way Axl is credited soley for "Estranged", did he write the guitar? the drums? the bass? mere legaities, he came up with the basic melody and lyrics the rest of it The Band created

I really don't care what your ticket says, if I gave you a glass of cynide but "orange juice" was written on it would you drink it?

or perhaps you don't like orange juice

Edited by Mr Estranged

With that logic Guns N' Roses could have anybody in it and you would still be a fan. But GNR is more than a name to me and I think the new GNR somewhat mocks that legacy.

Also, I love how you brag about accepting the new GNR is GNR, like it was really hard to do. :rolleyes: Sorry, but most people will think of GNR as Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Matt. Not these no-name replacements. I think thats what you need to accept.

My ticket says NuGnR.

scan it

if he does and it does say that will you change your mind and call them NuGnR, "if its written down it must be true!"

For starters, the ticket definitely doesn't say that.

I call the band by its name. It is what it is. The name of the band is Guns N' Roses, so thats what I will call them. If their name was NuGNR, I guess I'd call them that. But its not, the name of the band is Guns N' Roses and nothing can change that unless Axl himself decides to.