Concert Reviews From May 14 Show

Nope, I've followed Axl since third grade. I understand Axl's appeal.

I'm just not going to kid myself about the fact that he can't sing very well anymore. I don't really care for a lot of his new songs.

Just because I love Axl doesn't mean I have to love every thing he does.

How many times do you put "My World" on? IF YOU WERE A REAL AXL FAN YOU'D LISTEN TO IT EVERY 10 MINUTES!

See how stupid it is to put these qualifiers on fandom? If I didn't like Axl, I wouldn't be here. I can like him and still be critical of things he does.

Agree totally

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just not going to kid myself about the fact that he can't sing very well anymore. I don't really care for a lot of his new songs.

How many times do you put "My World" on? IF YOU WERE A REAL AXL FAN YOU'D LISTEN TO IT EVERY 10 MINUTES!

See how stupid it is to put these qualifiers on fandom? If I didn't like Axl, I wouldn't be here. I can like him and still be critical of things he does.

Agree totally

You can't agree! I'll fire you from the band too, homefuck.

Agree totally

You can't agree! I'll fire you from the band too, homefuck.

Your fireing everyone from your band Axl? But you have more shows too do.

Assuming that they're filming this for a DVD release, they have to be able to sell this to as many casual fans as possible, rather than the core group of followers, because if they did that, sales wouldn't be too amazingly high, if your casual fan takes a look at the tracklist on the DVD case and see's a lot of the hits he/she knows, they're bound to think "ahh yeah i know those songs, this is the new band isnt it, i'll give this a chance maybe"

Once they've picked it up and bought it and WATCH the thing and hear the new stuff it's gonna have them slightly more interested in the newer line up and the new album for the time it comes out, if they like the songs of course.

all just speculation of course, but if thats what they're doing, then it's just a bit of business sense, and good marketing.

Edited by mr-fukaji

Holy shit did I start a firestorm.

A lesser man would fold. Here we go;

I never started this thread with "Replying to Me and my wife think Gnr is a converband and dress bad" the people who run site edited my words and posted that. THOSE ARE NOT MY WORDS.

"Me" & my wife? No. That was my wife's observation being a NOVICE when it comes to this band. She enjoyed the show very much (Who really wouldn't except a few of you psycho diehards) It was a fuckin observation people.

Me? I love the band and hope they do well. I'm no fool, I know the score... It was great to just see them play EVEN THOUGH I THOUGH IT WAS VERY UNTOGETHER!!!!!!

P.S. "Duck" was good advice!! Let it fly you fuckers!!!

All the best

Drew Stone

I wonder how many of you are gonna go buy those exact same shades and leather shirt now...

Well... erm... I have virtually identical stuff to what Axl has been wearing over the last few weeks... and I must admit that I donned the LOT after seeing him wear it. :ph34r:

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

I wonder how many of you are gonna go buy those exact same shades and leather shirt now...

Well... erm... I have virtually identical stuff to what Axl was has been wearing over the last weeks... and I must admit that I donned the LOT after seeing him wear it. :ph34r:

Why would you do that? I would think fans would wanna dress like Axl. :unsure:

Not quite sure how the word "interesting" crept it's way into the title, but your "observation" is nothing new, and whether you are new or not, before posting you should do about 3 seconds of research and find one of about a million other threads on this board regarding your "GNR cover band". Plus, do you even know why the name Guns N Roses exclusively belongs to Axl? You probably think he went crazy and kicked everybody out of the band at once huh?

uhm, exuse me, can you refer to more threads like this...threads about GNR beeing a coverband?

Cl

Well... erm... I have virtually identical stuff to what Axl was has been wearing over the last weeks... and I must admit that I donned the LOT after seeing him wear it. :ph34r:

But you had it before right? I mean, you've been wearing it for ages, and just now Axl came out with it...

That was more for the other guys who are gonna go and buy his exact clothes now...

I didn't even know they made leather dress shirts. I need to go to the mall more often... :laugh:

But you had it before right? I mean, you've been wearing it for ages, and just now Axl came out with it...

That was more for the other guys who are gonna go and buy his exact clothes now...

I didn't even know they made leather dress shirts. I need to go to the mall more often... :laugh:

They do make leather shirts.They aint dressy.You could wear a light weight shirt under them.And use it for a jacket.If you wanted too.They are sold where they have the leather jackets.

They do make leather shirts.They aint dressy.You could wear a light weight shirt under them.And use it for a jacket.If you wanted too.They are sold where they have the leather jackets.

Nah, the extent of my leather appreciation is the black biker jackets. I got one for free so that was cool, the damn thing would've been $300.

Nah, the extent of my leather appreciation is the black biker jackets. I got one for free so that was cool, the damn thing would've been $300.

They are cool too.How did you get it for free? Was it a gift?

Well, your wife does have the option of not attending the shows.

Nobody forced her to go.

Like Leigh said, there main attraction at this time..is there old hits..and the people wouldnt know how to react to just new songs..

Its not the 80's anymore..and does anybody really want to see a 44 year old man runnin' around in biker shorts..

He changed his get-up in the early 90's too...

Its new times...

sure..there are new members...but she should of known that before goin' to the show...

Tell your wife, GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES are back...and there kickin' ass and taken' names..

J.Walker

No, guns n fuckin roses arent back, axl fuckin rose is back. get that in your head. if you walk down the street and say that to someone theyll assume its the whole band when its really just axl with a bunch of randoms.

not to say axl isnt kickin ass, cos it looks like he is...

Edited by Original GNR

Anyone else get the impression "Drew Stone" is a cupcake? <_<

Geez -- it amazes me that even during GNR's long-awaited comeback, we still get cupcakes coming here to try to drag everybody down.

I've merged his thread with the existing "review" thread. (Clearly he ignored the review thread so that he'd have his "moment in the sun" to diss the band. :rolleyes: )Personally, I have my doubts he was even at the concert.

The saddest part is that he probably lied about being married... :(

I also find it very strange to sum up a whole concert in the word "untogether" and then spend the rest of the "review" complaining about the clothing... :rolleyes:

Havent posted in SO long...was at the show Sunday night...I was a bit scared of what I would think because Ive waited so long to see them...I was BLOWN away, they performed to near perfection, literally...When WTTJ started I forgot where I was and what day it was, Axl came out with the best stage performance Ive ever seen, and his voice was flawless...The thing that I loved the most about the show, besides how incredible they sounded, was how happy Axl seemed to be, making jokes with the band, with the crowd, just really seemed like he was ready to do this and happy to be there...I was in the 2nd Mezz level and it seemed like we were looking eye to eye with the band...I would have liked to hear TWAT, but was otherwise happy with the set....One last note, I went with my girlfriend who is not a fan and she was also blown away, so much so that she asked me to make her a disc when we got home and also asked me to get tickets to Monday and Wednesdays shows...If you can get tickets and can make it, you have to go, they were simply unreal, its two days later and Im just as excited as I was when the show ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He had his moments yesterday but still is not there. His highlight though, was absolutely nailing the NR outtro. Perfection. It was awesome and one of the night's highlights!!!

that was done by bumblefoot.

:blink:

That's what I said. Thal = Bumblefoot. That's his real name - Ron Thal.