Mr Izzy Stradlin'

wasted

Having been away when this happened I didnt see the intial reaction. But I'm still surprised not see more about it.

To me this was unbelieveable.

What does this mean? And what can we read into it?

If Izzy is back with Axl does that mean a real reunion is more likely since the court case came to nothing?

I'm really think that although Bumblefoot is cool as is new band noone would be surprised if by the time Chinese D came out whole new band was in place.

How cool is Izzy? Very.

Yeah i wouldn't read too much into it but still how fuckin cool is it to have had Izzy and Axl on the same stage. IMO having Izzy and Axl together again would be far bigger than any of the other previous members, basically because when the two are songwriting together they are magical.The two best song writers in the old band so together again would kick ass :drevil:

Edited by brud

Izzy is simply the man... I mean he is THE man! Seeing the picture og him onstage with the new band was really cool.

i wonder why he agreed to do it?

I beleive he just wanted to jam onstage with an old friend and see first hand what Axl's new version of the band is like.

Izzy is simply the man... I mean he is THE man! Seeing the picture og him onstage with the new band was really cool.

i wonder why he agreed to do it?

because he is the co-founder of the band and this was his way of getting to jam and showing his approval for the current lineup and his old friend Axl.

Izzy IS Guns N Roses!!!!!!! I dare anyone to defy this statement. Ask yourself this: What have Guns N' Roses done besides tour(while playing songs Izzy wrote) since Izzy left the band? That's exactly right; pretty much nothing. this guy was the glue of the band and in my opinion he was the song writting genius of the band. If I'm being honest i havent heard anything by VR or new Gn'R that even comes close to Shuffle it All in terms of a timeless song.

Izzy IS Guns N Roses!!!!!!! I dare anyone to defy this statement. Ask yourself this: What have Guns N' Roses done besides tour(while playing songs Izzy wrote) since Izzy left the band? That's exactly right; pretty much nothing. this guy was the glue of the band and in my opinion he was the song writting genius of the band. If I'm being honest i havent heard anything by VR or new Gn'R that even comes close to Shuffle it All in terms of a timeless song.

I think in the old lineup, this is probably true. Although I dont think Shuffle it all is better than well, "Better", but Izzy is definitely the most talented out of the ex-gunners when you put all the solo records up for comparison.

Guest roses_are_red

Can i begin with my stupid theory? :)

Yes Izzy is cool. But i dont think he will come back. And probably the reason why axl wont tell directly "no slash no izzy no duff no steven. no reunion" is that he's afraid to lose many fans. He's waiting fans feedback about the tour so if the band successes this time (thats why he had baz and izzy so this time it would be more special), he can tell the truth.

I think in the old lineup, this is probably true. Although I dont think Shuffle it all is better than well, "Better", but Izzy is definitely the most talented out of the ex-gunners when you put all the solo records up for comparison.

For sure. When you compare solo records Izzy's are head and shoulders above the rest of the ex-Gn'Rers. But can you honestly say that Better will sound as fresh and be as appealing as a song like Shuffle it all or even somthing like Pressure Drop 50 years from now. I honestly believe that Izzy, despite the lack of publicity will have written better songs than anything off Chinese Democracy. Madagascar has massive potential but other than that nothng else has that Civil War quality in my opinion. I have yet to hear a new song(save for Maddy) that can transcend generations the way CW or PC or Jungle or SCOM has. the new stuff sounds great but at the same time it sound too "Fringe" in my opinion.

For sure. When you compare solo records Izzy's are head and shoulders above the rest of the ex-Gn'Rers. But can you honestly say that Better will sound as fresh and be as appealing as a song like Shuffle it all or even somthing like Pressure Drop 50 years from now. I honestly believe that Izzy, despite the lack of publicity will have written better songs than anything off Chinese Democracy. Madagascar has massive potential but other than that nothng else has that Civil War quality in my opinion. I have yet to hear a new song(save for Maddy) that can transcend generations the way CW or PC or Jungle or SCOM has. the new stuff sounds great but at the same time it sound too "Fringe" in my opinion.

pressure drop isn't an Izzy original, its a cover I do believe. Rockin none the less.

And yes, I dont think anything has come out in music period since the illusions that are as good as Better and The Blues.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Totally agree with this.

Snakepit was crap. Load was crap. Izzy is a great fucking songwriter.

pressure drop isn't an Izzy original, its a cover I do believe. Rockin none the less.

And yes, I dont think anything has come out in music period since the illusions that are as good as Better and The Blues.

shouldn't you be talking about izzy in the former gunners section? practice what you preach

shouldn't you be talking about izzy in the former gunners section? practice what you preach

the topic is about izzy appearing with the current lineup.

this thread will prolly get moved to the former gunners section anyways.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Guest cherry_bomb

im surprised there wasnt more of a reaction to his re-appearance, probably one of the most prolific moments in gnr history. wish i had witnessed it :heart:

im surprised there wasnt more of a reaction to his re-appearance, probably one of the most prolific moments in gnr history. wish i had witnessed it :heart:

it was amazing when Axl announced him and he came out.. Everyone lost it.. When Izzy came to the front and did the Think about you solo, I think i got a little teary eyed. :)

Great guy, but he's past his prime.

Anyone have Izzy's new album? The song writing is...lacking. it was actually sad, that the guy who wrote 14 Years is now writing songs with the lyrics 'HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER HAMMERHEAD! HERE WE GO, DRIVE!'

Sure, the earlier stuff was better, but remember that Dizzy interview when he wrote about the dentist? hopefully it's just a midlife writing crisis, though.

Axl is, was and always will be Guns N' Roses.

and Pressure Drop was a Clash song (at least they did the song before Izzy did.)

Man, Izzy was always my favourite exmember and I'd give anything to have him back in the band. If he was to rejoin, I would finally be able to view this lineup as the true sucesor to GnR, rather than the next best thing.

Izzy is the best!

But I don't wanna read too much into him showing up in new york..

It will just get my hopes up,and I know I'll be really disappointed.

As much as I would like to belive that izzy will come back(*dream come tru*) on this tour,I highly doubt it..

Edited by IzzyRocks

it was amazing when Axl announced him and he came out.. Everyone lost it.. When Izzy came to the front and did the Think about you solo, I think i got a little teary eyed. :)

I saw a crappy video of it, and it was still awesome. Izzy doing a solo in 2006, just great.

I saw a crappy video of it, and it was still awesome. Izzy doing a solo in 2006, just great.

ya thats him playing the solo on Appetite. TAY is his song. They almost never played it in the old lineup after 1986. So it was real special.