AXL ARRESTED - and later released - IN STOCKHOLM!

Idiot Wind

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has released a statement regarding his early morning arrest in Stockholm, Sweden on suspicion of damaging property at a hotel, assaulting a security guard and threatening police.

According to a Swedish police spokesperson, Rose got into an altercation with a hotel security guard early Tuesday morning at an afterparty following GUNS N' ROSES' sold-out gig at the Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden.

Rose was released from jail late Tuesday after confessing to the charges and agreeing to pay a fine of $5,500, according to The Associated Press. Officials also ordered Rose to pay $1,300 in damages to the security guard whom he assaulted.

Towe Hagg, a spokesperson for the Stockholm Police Department, told MTV News that Rose remained in a holding cell much of the morning sobering up before officers could speak to him about the incident. One of the arresting officers told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet that Rose was "aggressive and acting out" following his arrest and was handcuffed due to his outbursts.

"We had a great gig in Stockholm and I am not going to let this incident spoil that," Rose said in a statement, according to MTV News. "My assistant Beta and I were talking in the lobby of the hotel when security started to give us a hard time. My only concern was to make sure she was OK."

Hagg said Rose got into an altercation with a woman at the hotel's bar around 8 a.m., and when a hotel security guard tried to stop the fight, Rose attacked him.

"He bit him on the leg and then the hotel staff called the police and we came and apprehended him," Hagg told MTV News. During the brawl, an enraged Rose broke one of the hotel's mirrors, but due to the ongoing investigation, Hagg could not give details on what Rose said to the arresting officers that could land him a charge of threatening a police official. That crime is punishable by jail time, but it is not likely Rose would be incarcerated in this case.

"He was drunk, and in the police station they took him to a cell to sleep for a few hours," Hagg said.

The 30-year-old security guard who broke up the fight between the woman and Rose was allegedly taken to a hospital for evaluation Tuesday morning.

"He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to perform in Oslo, Norway, on Wednesday (June 28).

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is just plain cowardly. When he has a matchup like Tommy Hilfiger or Vince Neil he backs off without saying a word, but when it 's a woman he don't stop there to think, he just lunges on her. Shame on you Axl :no:

maybe she hit him too, im a woman and if most women hit a man, they know theres a hugh possibility he will hit back,no matter what.just a thought, i dont believe no one has exact facts. And it doesnt look like he backed down from Tommy.

Does anyone else find it strange that the security guard was bitten on the leg? I mean, was Axl on his knees on the ground at the time? How do you bite somebody on the leg? .. Sorry, this just made me curious. :D

Does anyone else find it strange that the security guard was bitten on the leg? I mean, was Axl on his knees on the ground at the time? How do you bite somebody on the leg? .. Sorry, this just made me curious. :D

:laugh: YES! I've been wondering why or how this whole time!

if he was on the ground maybe more than we know happened :suspicious:

.... "We had a great gig in Stockholm and I am not going to let this incident spoil that," Rose said in a statement, according to MTV News. "My assistant Beta and I were talking in the lobby of the hotel when security started to give us a hard time. My only concern was to make sure she was OK." ..

So, the woman was Beta.

Well, that explains why no assault charges were laid.

.. ... "He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

He got a tetanus shot? Did he think Axl had rabies? :blink::laugh:

I picture a drunkass Axl getting his ass pinned to the ground...quickly.

take it from there..

Does anyone else find it strange that the security guard was bitten on the leg? I mean, was Axl on his knees on the ground at the time? How do you bite somebody on the leg? .. Sorry, this just made me curious. biggrin.gif

^ My thoughts exctly. Makes for a really amsuing mental image. Where they wrestling on the floor or did Axl get down onhis hands and knees and bite him,

Seems lke it was pretty exaggerated then. Still the funniest thing i've heard in days though.

.... "We had a great gig in Stockholm and I am not going to let this incident spoil that," Rose said in a statement, according to MTV News. "My assistant Beta and I were talking in the lobby of the hotel when security started to give us a hard time. My only concern was to make sure she was OK." ..

So, the woman was Beta.

Well, that explains why no assault charges were laid.

.. ... "He was taken to the hospital this morning in order to see if there was any risk of him getting tetanus," said Antonio Saluena, the chief of the private security company employing the injured guard, according to Aftonbladet.

He got a tetanus shot? Did he think Axl had rabies? :blink::laugh:

That actually came out last night, but I think a lot of people missed it. One of the eye witnesses said he was arguing with his "assistant" - I figured that meant it was Beta.

I still would like some clarification on this - I hope they do some type of press release, because some reports claim he was attacking Beta, others say arguing with her, and now it sounds like he was just talking to her?

I recall Keith Moon driving his car into a hotel swimming pool PISSED OUT OF HIS HEAD and Who fans (and the rock world in general) considered it one of the classic hilarious rock fiascos of all time (and still do!).

Nobody whined about how immature it was.

"How dare he threaten the tour,he should be thinking of the fans,he'll go to jail and the Who will never tour again."

"This was very inconsiderate of him,I have a ticket to see them next week,what if he drowned,I wouldn't get to see the concert".

pfffffttttttt...

it's a shame that rock and roll is now expected to be predictable and safe

guard: sir I'll have to ask you to quiet down

drunk axl: wha? err I'M GONNA BITE YOUR SHN-N-N-N KNEE, KNEEEEEEE!

guard: barrrgh

drunk axl: *scampers away with a bit of human flesh dangling from his mouth*

:lol:

I'm having too much fun with this heh heh...

The police arrive and cuff a struggling Mr. Rose

axl: wha hay! can't a man scamper? I thought dis waz 'merica. Freedom, manmpplff

policeman: no, this is sweden

axl: oh I see yah commie bastads! you wanna fight? *axl tries to assume fighing postion but collapses in a drunken heap and vomits on the cop's shoe*

Policeman: *sighs and drags axl away into one of sweden's ultraefficient, environment friendly, air powered police vehicles*

Ha, oh Axl. I was kinda shocked by the news. I first heard it on the radio earlier today.

He really hasn't changed as much as we thought, huh? :tongue2:

Yeah. It doesn't say much for regression therapy. Did I mention that I blame my Mom for the abuse that I suffered from my Father? JUST PLAYIN'! Not really. :) "Yowza!"

Edited by Ions