What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Kaneda

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4luYy4NikE...0Roses%20Jungle

Have you seen them in concert? Boring is FAR from what they are! I saw them back in 91 and this time around was far better! No there is no Slash and the old guys but let it go! Time has past and people and bands evolve. If you don't then you become stagnant....and BORING!!!! Suck on that!

Yawn. Same old shit. Kaneda whining about a band he continues to see for some reason. Lawrence using icons instead of actually saying something productive. Then the same negative people who say you can't label this band as Guns because that's their opinion and everyone has to follow theirs :rolleyes:.

It's obvious what the band is missing, and everyone else knows it: The album. Unfortunately, once the album is released, 2 days later, people will ask, "What's missing in this band?" or "Why do they keep playing only the new songs?" People will start getting bored of the new songs and want Out Ta Get Me back in the line-up or My Michelle. This is just tedious and tiresome really. Axl could release 55 albums in one day and they could all have at least 6 hits on them, and people will ask, "Hm, is this really Guns N' Roses?" Or they'll take a step back and say, "Oh wait! This band can't be successful because in my mind, they aren't Guns N' Roses." Cripes.

This is retarded. Find something new to whine about for a change. Axl wears jerseys, people don't like that. Axl wears decent clothing, people don't like that. Axl sings pretty well for his age, people still don't like that after that crap voice in 2002. The band can play their instruments damn well, people don't like that. Once the album comes out, the same people won't like that, and for some reason, will still buy it. Once Axl is 80 years old and still tries to sing, people will still dislike what the man is doing.

Please, this is annoying. I'll say to you women like I say to everyone else who goes: You don't like the band and the concerts? Don't fucking go, and I'll buy your tickets off of you. This band, no matter what you want to call them, doesn't need people going there just to be disappointed by the biases in the fanbase.

Is it just me or should Kaneda be banned from this section...he never has anything productive to say other than the same old regurgitated garbage. It has no purpose when he says it 1000s of times...

Please just fuck off to the Old Guns section :fuckyou:

Yawn. Same old shit. Kaneda whining about a band he continues to see for some reason. Lawrence using icons instead of actually saying something productive.

its blatantly obvious you are using a different username

chimpss1js.gif

Martina!

U do a great job with great arguments.

I´m with U.

But your arguments are to hard for SOME on this forum to understand.

It´s frustrating, I know.

But keep on... :)

well,thanks .... :unsure::D

play ur cards right martina, ur on a winner there sweetie ;)

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4luYy4NikE...0Roses%20Jungle

whats changed? times past, different day, new time...nothing stays the same, maybe u dont like em anymore, maybe u grew out of them, maybe they grew out of u. doesnt require that much analysis. sit down, have a glass of water, look at the band, do u like what u see? if not, stop listening. n that close my eyes n dream shit is jus plain scary. i REALLY think people r unfairly dissin u a lot on this forum cuz u seem to me to be a guy who REALLY loved that old band n thats cool, but its jus NOT a reality anymore dude. u sound like a veteran that couldn't get over 'Nam n ur in danger of ending up like a lot of em, sittin on a park bench with a long shaggy grey beard wearin some shit u took out of a garbage can talkin bout "i remember when".

i mean seriously, cant u guys wait till fall.. he s finally tourin again n also promised us a release date, so lets jus wait n see...

if its gonna be out in fall.. the single shud be out anytime now.. :book:

What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

An album.

I second that.

At the moment they are just playing the old songs (feeding of the past). A new album will bring back the feeling (hopefully)

mr.Q

i saw them in paris...but what i saw was not the gnr is grew up with. it wasn't "magical".something was missing.

Yes, Axl lost his magic wand :P

No shit! Maybe we can get David Blaine to join the band to add some "magic" to the shows. :rolleyes:

'What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?, Just can't put my finger on it...what do you think?'

- Plain out and simple: good songs. The new leaks/demos, in my opinion, are utter crap. If you like them, hey, I can respect that. I just think they suck....... monkey balls.