What's missing from this new Guns N Roses?

Kaneda

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading what some people on this board are bitching about blows my mind. I mean, anyone that saw Axl and Kid Rock do Nightrain knows how fucking great it was. Yet people on here bitch and complain. He sounded awesome, through everysong, plain and simple. So many jealous motherfuckers that weren't able to see him are bitching and bitching. Listen you bootleg bitches, go see this new band, then cry my a river. You don't know shit.

This was a direct quote from our friend Kaneda from 5/17. If you are going to criticize, don't be so fuckin wishy-washy Kaneda!

tippin

Proof at last that moodswings are what drives this board into a retarded fanbase. Tippin gives us a great example. I'd bring up Lawrence's moodswings when the leaks came out, but he'd just say some icon wrote them, and that they never truly existed.

how many times have i got to say it before it gets into that thick skull of yours

I LIKE THE LEAKS

every one of your boring posts in this thread has my name in it :rolleyes:

do you fantasize about lawrence?

you are not getting the bash lawrence reaction you crave from the other members are you?

i put it to everyone AGAIN that you are another member of this forum with a different username

i'm 99% sure who you are aswell :lol:

the words you use & the way you write gives you away' if you are who i think you are

your another one of the backstabbing cunts that dwell here :fuckyou:

you will never silence me-others have tried & failed :rofl-lol:

I too, like the leaks. Especially since they came directly from GnR management. ;)

As far as doing the tour with no album though, FUCKIN CALM DOWN! :P

This is a warm up tour, the album will be released in the fall, followed by a huge US tour which will put GnR back on the map!

Anyone wanna bet me on this?

I think it's a weird situation. I still think Slash and co meant more than being just Axl's backing band. But it got diluted and in the end good music is good music. But the fans were up for a bit of Axl n Slash. Slash to me holds the candle for real GNR. Axl has developed it but in terms of spirit Slash is the man. His attitude is what made GNR concerts fun to go to and his interviews showed us they werent a bunch of spoiled idiots. Nothing against new band. Just, you know the same old arguement...But hey that's life that's what they say...

Reading what some people on this board are bitching about blows my mind. I mean, anyone that saw Axl and Kid Rock do Nightrain knows how fucking great it was. Yet people on here bitch and complain. He sounded awesome, through everysong, plain and simple. So many jealous motherfuckers that weren't able to see him are bitching and bitching. Listen you bootleg bitches, go see this new band, then cry my a river. You don't know shit.

This was a direct quote from our friend Kaneda from 5/17. If you are going to criticize, don't be so fuckin wishy-washy Kaneda!

tippin

Proof at last that moodswings are what drives this board into a retarded fanbase. Tippin gives us a great example. I'd bring up Lawrence's moodswings when the leaks came out, but he'd just say some icon wrote them, and that they never truly existed.

how many times have i got to say it before it gets into that thick skull of yours

I LIKE THE LEAKS

you are not getting the bash lawrence reaction you crave from the other members are you?

i put it to everyone AGAIN that you are another member of this forum with a different username

the words you use & the way you write gives you away' if you are who i think you are

Silence Lawrence?, never!

Every guy in that bands knows (apart from Dizzy) that they are temporarily in GNR until the old guys come back, you cannot fake it on stage, each are from very different backgrounds and it shows. They are hired musicans...that is a fact.

Tommy is the only knew guy who axl seems pretty close to and from I have seen on at the dublin concert & Youtube he has lost his motivation...definitely shows signs of a guy who has had enough and is just holding on now for the record to be released....what happened to the bubbly general tommy stinson in rio 2001?

On the upside, Axl is singing better, doing some hellrasing and is wearing better clothes....the only thing missing now is the legendary rants and targeting people in audience for eviction etc

Every guy in that bands knows (apart from Dizzy) that they are temporarily in GNR until the old guys come back, you cannot fake it on stage, each are from very different backgrounds and it shows. They are hired musicans...that is a fact.

Tommy is the only knew guy who axl seems pretty close to and from I have seen on at the dublin concert & Youtube he has lost his motivation...definitely shows signs of a guy who has had enough and is just holding on now for the record to be released....what happened to the bubbly general tommy stinson in rio 2001?

On the upside, Axl is singing better, doing some hellrasing and is wearing better clothes....the only thing missing now is the legendary rants and targeting people in audience for eviction etc

Bullshit, this band is a band in every sense of the word, they may have started out as hired hands but those days are over, you can see the way they interact with eachother that they are tight.The thing that made me realise was at download when Tommy took the mike from Axl and let rip, Axl stood there smiling, Tommy knew he was ok to do it because he is part of a band not a hired gun.Some people will never understand what this deal means to these guys, they have worked fucking hard and continue to do so and no ammount of haters and people with hard ons for a reunion is gonna change that.

The old guys are never coming back to GnR at least not until this band has decided they dont want to do it, if GnR reform in the next ten years i will ( to coin a phrase ) eat my hat.

Axl

Tommy

Richard

R obin

Brain

Chris

Dizzy

Ron

That line up is GnR and will remain so until Axl says so < you just can't change the factas no matter how much you want to and i dont want to.Its a choice and a choice im happy with, i fucking love this lineup and as a long time GnR fan im so pleased Axl is in control of the direction this legecy is taking.

tippin

I LIKE THE LEAKS

Silence Lawrence?, never!

you know me to well my friend :)

They are hired musicans...that is a fact.

That's undeniable. Written in white and black in the contracts...

Fortus, for example, is playing with Axl right now, but he could be playing with Nena or someone else in 2007. Same concerning the other guys.

Edited by Ferrari

Kaneda were you bored when you watched Izzy walk on stage in New York? I certainely wasn't bored when the lights went down at Hammersmith and the camera flashes revealed Axl walking across the stage wearing a suade jacket getting ready to unleash hell.

Nor did I think that anything was missing when after Paradise City they formed into a line like the old guys would have done and took a bow. That just said Guns N' Roses to me. The band are electric and Axl sings better now than he did in 1991 so it must be the album.

Come on mate all things point to this finally being it. End of September according to Bumblefoot. This coincides with Axl's ''late fall'' comments. I expect the album to be out for their homecoming tour in the US. It should be a tad triumphant. :)

His band that made it all happen, Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses then Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses

except VR cant put out worth shit listening too!

That tells allot of how much GNR they are! :lol:

lets face the music here.....without Axl, they're nothing...just another Mediocre rock n roll band.

His band that made it all happen, Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses then Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses

lets face the music here.....without Axl, they're nothing...just another Mediocre rock n roll band.

except for the fact that none of that is true.

Guns are back, playing gig after gig, getting in fights, showing up at forumla one races...etc...but I don't know, my interest in this new band is so much less than the interest I had in the band back in 2002 when they were touring Europe. In fact, I just find this new GNR to be a lot more "blah" and uninspiring than any other GNR that has taken the stage.

The thing is, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just do. It's as if something were missing, but then I think to myself, it's not that anything is missing, it's just that the Guns N Roses fuse has finally expired and the concept of what made Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses, is over.

Do any of you also feel the same way? That this new GNR is border line BORING. Same set list, same clothing, same show night after night. It's Summer 2006, Axl has no new single tied to a major movie, he has no momentum or press except for fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard.

I think all of us believed that Axl would only return to the stage to promote an album that was out. But that's not the case and here we are, the same cycle of waiting and waiting. No release date set, no single, no video...the whole thing is boring and tiresome.

You know, I used to remember Guns N Roses, I used to love them, sometimes, when I close my eyes and think hard enough, GNR comes back to me and I can see them up there, on stage, kicking ass, looking like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4luYy4NikE...0Roses%20Jungle

Kaneda, I can tell you are a fan, although a frustrated one and I agree with you on alot of what you say.

But they are playing live to different crowds each night, not to people attending show after show or reading setlists online. GNR never played radically different setlists on tour...ever. IF they are rocking the hell out of the hits, then how can tht be boring? and if they aren't, then it wouldn't matter what songs they played or how many times the setlist changed.

Yes, I don't like, as a fan that there isn't even a mention of a release date yet. The tour is begining to feel like a money grab, i hope not.

Would the old band playing the old stuff be exciting enough to warrent a tour with no new stuff?, damn right. Does an entirely new band need to put an album out to get people really excited? Damn right. As a fan of Axl, I know what he can do so I understand why the tour and why it can be exciting for alot of us.

To say guns is over...an era of guns is over, no doubt. But to say that the new band is over, before they even begin to release material, is about as stupid as the people claiming the new band is better than the popular line-up right now.

tippin

I LIKE THE LEAKS

I never told you to be silent. Obviously, you don't pay attention. I said "moonswings" not "silence." There's a big difference there. Unfortunately, you must not be able to tell what the difference is. Honestly, have any opinion you wish, but at least try to make it something worthwhile for a change. Your little middle finger icons and "everyone's against me!!1!!1 Lolzors!111" rants aren't exactly productive.

I know you liked the leaks. You made that very clear. So clear, in fact, that it came as a shock to this whole board because you said that they brought you "new faith" in the album coming out, and a new positivity about the new band. These comments came after you claimed a billion times that the album never existed? I'm sure everyone around you wants a sniff of whatever you're having after those swings. Now, you're back to the trolling with icons. Yay.

P.S. I've had this username from the start. Of course, you wouldn't know that. I think your rubber walls are calling you now.

:rofl-lol: So true. Maybe if Weiland could stop thinking about writing lyrics about the pathetic thing he calls his life, VR could potentially put out a good song. Sorry, but if VR are more Guns N' Roses than Guns N' Roses, why can't they produce something other than a Scott Weiland biography?

The Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses statement was ment to be member wise. Also Fuck ya all I seen the Guns in NYC this year and it was amazing. The new songs were great but the highlights were written by SLASH. I don't know about the other shows but the 14th ( I said 17th before but it was the 14th show I was at) the solo to SCOM sucked major cock and was a big fuck u to Slash and fans. Other then that it was Axl who was amazing and a damn good cover band.

The Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses statement was ment to be member wise. Also Fuck ya all I seen the Guns in NYC this year and it was amazing. The new songs were great but the highlights were written by SLASH. I don't know about the other shows but the 14th ( I said 17th before but it was the 14th show I was at) the solo to SCOM sucked major cock and was a big fuck u to Slash and fans. Other then that it was Axl who was amazing and a damn good cover band.

I think you are the first person to post about the NYC shows and be 100% honest. It seems like everybody else is kidding themselves talking about Finck's awsome Sweet Child solo.