Erasing the Buckethead's parts on the record

rockstar81

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjJD_2cSYG4

Why we need bucket's parts to stay on.

fuck yeah I think a great part is missing at the end :o

i'm glad Axl chose to keep BH guitar parts on chinese democracy, they give a really nice new sound to guns n' roses.

And for the "buckethead has no bluesy-human-emotion-etc vibe" comment, listen for example to this track :

Too Many Humans

sad I can't find better examples on streaming sites.

I'm not trying to convince the thread starter but tell people to not make them an opinion without hearing the artist's work.

Ho yeah and no feeling ? juste read few reviews on the web..

http://www.answers.com/topic/population-override

Edited by Pingouino

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot didn't learn Bucket's stuff tho. He just makes up his own solos.

twat from paris is pretty much note for note.

and better, IRS, and CD are awfully close.

in the IRS demo, it actually sounds like bucket fucked up. ron doesn't do that part.

But hearing the New York (all 4 nights) or Rock Am Ring, Rock In Rio, etc... You can hear that Bumble plays something different everytime. It's not like he's doing Bucket's solos note 4 note. I think him sounding in some parts like Bucket's solos may be more of a style similarity/coincidence than an actual effort to sound like Bucket.

i have a feeling he could play it exactly the same with ease. bucket never stuck to the same solo for songs, just the general theme, which is exactly the way it should be done.

in fact, i only ever listen to the better, YCBM, IRS, and nighttrain bootlegs because they are subject to change, so to speak.

and angel of music- TWAT from madrid is a horrible example, there's no way you can say that sounds worse than the demo, unless you are previously biased. it's damn near note for note.

Ron could play Bucket's parts for sure, anyone who has heard his solo music SHOULD agree (The solo in Hands :krider: ).

when are you guys going to realize that bumblefoot is buckethead! this is some kind of joke that you guys dont see this. Thier bios are the same, and their date of births are the same. The music they make is the same. look up their bios and figure this out for yourselves. And stop looking like idiots by giving your opinions of whos better, ITS THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!!

when are you guys going to realize that bumblefoot is buckethead! this is some kind of joke that you guys dont see this. Thier bios are the same, and their date of births are the same. The music they make is the same. look up their bios and figure this out for yourselves. And stop looking like idiots by giving your opinions of whos better, ITS THE SAME GUY!!!!!!!!!

bumblefoot is not buckethead

:rolleyes:

Your Austrilopithicene brain is playing tricks on you.

Ask yourselves this... why would Axl of all people, a man as proud as hell let a member from 4 years ago remain on the record? BECAUSE BUCKETHEAD IS A FUCKING 1 IN A MILLION MUSICAL GENIUS YOU MORONS!!11

Axl may be proud but he isn't stupid, he knows Bucket's stuff is the shit or Ron would have rerecorded it already.

It's not as if Ron wont get his chance anyway, there's 2 more albums coming supposedly.. he can contribut eto those. I wanna hear what Buckethead did in the studio and not have most of it consigned to Axl's vault for eternity thankyouverymuch.

Oh and the guy who started this thread is a moronic Bucket basher. He's always chatting this shit, he wouldn't know a a good guitarist if one sneeked up behind him and brought him to orgasm via prostate stimulation.

Bumblefoot didn't learn Bucket's stuff tho. He just makes up his own solos.

twat from paris is pretty much note for note.

and better, IRS, and CD are awfully close.

in the IRS demo, it actually sounds like bucket fucked up. ron doesn't do that part.

But hearing the New York (all 4 nights) or Rock Am Ring, Rock In Rio, etc... You can hear that Bumble plays something different everytime. It's not like he's doing Bucket's solos note 4 note. I think him sounding in some parts like Bucket's solos may be more of a style similarity/coincidence than an actual effort to sound like Bucket.

i have a feeling he could play it exactly the same with ease. bucket never stuck to the same solo for songs, just the general theme, which is exactly the way it should be done.

in fact, i only ever listen to the better, YCBM, IRS, and nighttrain bootlegs because they are subject to change, so to speak.

and angel of music- TWAT from madrid is a horrible example, there's no way you can say that sounds worse than the demo, unless you are previously biased. it's damn near note for note.

Ron could play Bucket's parts for sure, anyone who has heard his solo music SHOULD agree (The solo in Hands :krider: ).

oh my god, that song... :wub:

- He left 2 years+ ago, it would be stupid to see him on the record.

- His so called "contribution" (pointless shredd) already sounds outdated

- He hurts the quality of the leaked demos. His guitar playing has no soul and no feeling.

Sorry... Bucket is a freak and it was very difficult for a lot of GNR fans to accept him. But I think he is a great guitar player. Maybe equal or better than slash.

I admire Robin Finck..., but when you listen to TWAT & IRS it's pretty clear that without Bucket parts both songs lack of a great guitar playing.

All Robin solos are easy to play..., Bucket solos are imposible.

What made Slash a great guitar player was in a way the complexity of his solos.

If you see how Bumble played on some concerts during this year, you can realize that when he shredded he didn't have a good timing & melody. BUT when bucket shredded, he was able to make the shred fit the rythm and be melodical at the same time.

Make this exercise..., listen to Bumble solo on Nightrain this year on Germany, and then compare it to the solo Bucket did on Nightrain on 2002. It's pretty clear that Bucket takes care of melody and timing when he shred's. Bumble doesn't all the time.

If someone asks me, I would really like Chinese Democracy to have Bucket parts, and I would really wish him to come back.

What a stupid thread. It's as if you want Chinese Democracy to be delayed even further. Besides, have you heard the entire album and all of Bucket's parts on it? Hm? No, I really doubt you have. Your conclusions come from leaks that are just demos of songs and not the entire album.

Here's a newsflash for you: Not every guitar solo ever created has to have soul in it. Besides, what you may hear as not having any soul, people may find soul in it. You're only basing this on what you think soul means to a guitar solo. Good Lord. Come up with better threads, you tit.

What a stupid thread. It's as if you want Chinese Democracy to be delayed even further. Besides, have you heard the entire album and all of Bucket's parts on it? Hm? No, I really doubt you have. Your conclusions come from leaks that are just demos of songs and not the entire album.

Here's a newsflash for you: Not every guitar solo ever created has to have soul in it. Besides, what you may hear as not having any soul, people may find soul in it. You're only basing this on what you think soul means to a guitar solo. Good Lord. Come up with better threads, you tit.

lol

Oh please... Watch

and tell me he can't play or has no soul. The loss of Bucket's playing was a great stab in the back to the progress of this album. When it comes out we will see why his parts are still there...

This is a complex problem. Bucket was in the band for a good while, so he developed an intimate knowledge of the songs that Ron probably doesn't have at this point. Clearly his parts would have been well conceived, and the leaks seem to prove this. He is no longer in the band though, and Ron is a gifted player, so out of respect for him it might be a good idea to give him a crack at the songs. The issue is time at this point. Giving BBF time to come up with parts and execute them perfectly could take quite a while. So the issue is really are we willing to wait that long, and I just don't think the majority of fans have that much more patience for CD.

I think it will be nice to see the different people who were involved in all these songs. Like the Navarro on OMG and maybe theres one with Zakk Wylde and Salsh. Maybe Slash is on This I Love? Maybe there'll be am Izzy song writing credit? Bucket head was involved with some stuff. Maybe Bumble will leave his mark on the record somewhere. It's all good.

A good cover would be Another One Bites the Dust by Queen I can see the new band doing it.

I think it will be nice to see the different people who were involved in all these songs. Like the Navarro on OMG and maybe theres one with Zakk Wylde and Salsh. Maybe Slash is on This I Love? Maybe there'll be am Izzy song writing credit? Bucket head was involved with some stuff. Maybe Bumble will leave his mark on the record somewhere. It's all good.

:rofl-lol:

You guys forget one guy in this band: Richard Fortus.

Because he was THE best guitarist on this European Tour, by far, very far. Maybe most of you didn't see the band Live during this European Tour, but I was lucky enough to go to the Paris show and he was the best guitar player onstage.

You guys speak about Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Finck... but you forget to speak about Richard, who is the best among all of them.

Who said Buckethead's parts should be re-recorded by Bumblefot or Finck? Richard could do the job because he is the best.

just a small reminder for you, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IDmPZ9-NA

Edited by rockstar81

You guys speak about Buckethead [...] but you forget to speak about Richard

I thought Buckethead was the topic of your thread :chef:

And it's your opinion, don't forget this, I prefered Ron Thal solos on the WDR show (november rain in front of the crowd & nightrain long solo :wub: ) but I won't shit on the other guitarists. And I was at two GNR gigs.

Oh please...
this and tell me he can't play or has no soul.

fuckin' great rock2

Watch this guys:

Batio I

Clown

Bumble

Robin

Slash

Everybody does something different... it's just a matter of taste...

That's not really a wide variety of playing. You should have included Hendrix, EVH, Yngwie, Vai And Satch

if you wanted to demonstrate varied lead guitar playing... oh and Batio is fucking awful.

You guys speak about Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Finck... but you forget to speak about Richard, who is the best among all of them.

Ok fair enough, show me some material from Richard and I'll show you something from Bucket that is twice as good. I like Richard, he's good but he's nothing next to Buckethead. Bucket is one of the most talented, creative and original guitar players on the planet.

Richard could do the job because he is the best.

Your opinion is completely unfounded. How do you know Rchard is great in the studio? Have you heard some stuff by him?

Bucket is in another league. he has tons of solo albums of varying styles, he's a master technican, a great writer and can play in practically every style.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Watch this guys:

Batio I

Clown

Bumble

Robin

Slash

Everybody does something different... it's just a matter of taste...

That's not really a wide variety of playing. You should have included Hendrix, EVH, Yngwie, Vai And Satch

if you wanted to demonstrate varied lead guitar playing... oh and Batio is fucking awful.

Ok fair enough, show me some material from Richard and I'll show you something from Bucket that is twice as good. I like Richard, he's good but he's nothing next to Buckethead. Bucket is one of the most talented, creative and original guitar players on the planet.

Richard could do the job because he is the best.

Your opinion is completely unfounded. How do you know Rchard is great in the studio? Have you heard some stuff by him?

Bucket is in another league. he has tons of solo albums of varying styles, he's a master technican, a great writer and can play in practically every style.

I agree with everything you said about Buckethead, a lot of people don't realize just how good he is.