Las Vegas and other U.S. Tour dates

Wando

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy now, folks.

Not EVERYONE can afford to pay $150 for a concert ticket. I know that I wouldn't be able to. If the dude can't/doesn't want to pay $150 for a ticket, its obviously his perogative. And he has a right to bitch about it as well.

I agree that $150 is a bit much, and its one of the reasons why I'd be skipping the Aerosmith/Motley Crue tour if it came to my area. Hopefully its just the Vegas shows that are higher than usual, and when they hit the east coast, tickets are somewhat more reasonable.

-Jeff

Speaking of bitching... I live in Vegas and will not be attending the show. $150 for any act is fucking ridiculous. I will not be paying $150 to see Mr. Axl and his cover band. I wouldn't pay $150 to see anyone, this is bullshit.

Fuck you whoever is setting up this show. Fuck every concert promoter who comes to Vegas, our shows are always 3-5 times more then the average concert. Fuck everyone I am so pissed. I would have paid $80 bucks but $150? FUCK THAT SHIT.

I was just finally starting to "Feel" this band, now they can go fuck themselves and I will be downloading the CD and not buying it. I was going to buy it, but I do not succumb to rape.

Thanks Axl, Hard Rock, Merk and whoever else had a part in ruining my fucking day.

shut the fuck up.. what kind of fan are you?

Shit $150 that's about £85 right?!! Hmmm... it's a lot, but if the venue was pretty small I'd lob a couple of tickets on the visa!! But I'll definitely have no beef with someone who thinks it's a bit much!!

Just depends how much you wanna see them I guess, or if you can afford it!

LP

Speaking of bitching... I live in Vegas and will not be attending the show. $150 for any act is fucking ridiculous. I will not be paying $150 to see Mr. Axl and his cover band. I wouldn't pay $150 to see anyone, this is bullshit.

Fuck you whoever is setting up this show. Fuck every concert promoter who comes to Vegas, our shows are always 3-5 times more then the average concert. Fuck everyone I am so pissed. I would have paid $80 bucks but $150? FUCK THAT SHIT.

I was just finally starting to "Feel" this band, now they can go fuck themselves and I will be downloading the CD and not buying it. I was going to buy it, but I do not succumb to rape.

Thanks Axl, Hard Rock, Merk and whoever else had a part in ruining my fucking day.

Stop acting like the "fan" police around here. You have no right to question anyone's loyalty. $150.00 IS a shitload of money to see a band that's not even promoting a new album yet and playing songs that people have been hearing for the past 20 years. People paid less than half that amount to see them in New York, so I agree, I think the price for these tix are ridiculous. Maybe on New Years Eve, but for a Saturday or Sunday night in September?

The band agreed to play a smaller venue, but they still want to get the same amount of money for doing the show, so they pass the cost onto the fans to make up the difference. They should consider bigger venues, but I'm sure Axl's worried that many of them will be half empty again.

Stop acting like the "fan" police around here. You have no right to question anyone's loyalty. $150.00 IS a shitload of money to see a band that's not even promoting a new album yet and playing songs that people have been hearing for the past 20 years. People paid less than half that amount to see them in New York, so I agree, I think the price for these tix are ridiculous. Maybe on New Years Eve, but for a Saturday or Sunday night in September?

The band agreed to play a smaller venue, but they still want to get the same amount of money for doing the show, so they pass the cost onto the fans to make up the difference. They should consider bigger venues, but I'm sure Axl's worried that many of them will be half empty again.

is it really that much money? :rolleyes: i could see why it would stop someone from going to both shows, but when all is said and done, if you dont go, you're gonna be kicking yourself in the ass (not you, anyone who was planning on going). no use in bitching about it. if u dont like it, dont go. ur own loss. If someone was planing on going to both, just go to one and you'll have spent the same amount right?

is it really that much money? :rolleyes: i could see why it would stop someone from going to both shows, but when all is said and done, if you dont go, you're gonna be kicking yourself in the ass (not you, anyone who was planning on going). no use in bitching about it. if u dont like it, dont go. ur own loss. If someone was planing on going to both, just go to one and you'll have spent the same amount right?

Oh, that's right, I almost forgot! You wipe your ass with $10 bills, so this isn't a big deal for you. :rolleyes:

Personally, it's not a big deal for me either, I can more than afford it, but the fact remains that obviously some people can't, and they shouldn't be judged as lesser fans because Axl and/or his representatives are trying to recoup the same amount of money, as if he was playing a larger venue, by charging fewer fans double to play a smaller one. If it's "all about the music" like I've been hearing for years, the price of the tix should be more reasonable, like they were for the Hammerstein, so everyone can have the opportunity to go.

Oh, that's right, I almost forgot! You wipe your ass with $10 bills, so this isn't a big deal for you. :rolleyes:

Personally, it's not a big deal for me either, I can more than afford it, but the fact remains that obviously some people can't, and they shouldn't be judged as lesser fans because Axl and/or his representatives are trying to recoup the same amount of money, as if he was playing a larger venue, by charging fewer fans double to play a smaller one. If it's "all about the music" like I've been hearing for years, the price of the tix should be more reasonable, like they were for the Hammerstein, so everyone can have the opportunity to go.

its vegas in a venue with half the capacity as the hammerstein. its going to be expensive for that reason alone. Those who want to go bad enough, will go. i mean if you look at what someone is going to spend in travel - i spent like 1000 bucks to see one show in NY. This one isn't giong to cost me nearly as much because vegas is less than a half days drive away.. so I could care less how much they charge for tickets.. if someone is a big enough fan, they wil be there whether its 10 dollars or 1000 dollars.

the point being, if someone is going to pay a bunch in travel expenses (and vegas costs regardless, that city is built to take your money), the price of the ticket is a very small detail.

and the best part is.. with vegas, you may end up going home with all the money you took, and then some B)

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

People have the right to say they think it's expensive without being told to "shut the fuck up".

"I disagree...seems reasonable to me" works...

"shut the fuck up" is ignorant and rude..

Edited by zint61

I'm really glad to hear that $150 bucks is shit to A_D. Unfortunately, some of us Axl fans are poor as shit. There's also gas or overpriced air fare, hotel, whiskey / drugs, food, and I'd need to keep an extra $20 (or $50, probably) for a Pit(t)man T-shirt.

I'll still pay it because I really want to see the new band play, and I had to miss the NYC shows even though I'd already bought tickets.

But it really is a lot of money. Especially considering how there's no album, no single, they'll just be playing the same songs I've heard for twenty years, and still pretty good odds that Axl's gonna leave halfway though. It sucks to be a GandR fan sometimes. Oh well. I don't really have a choice. Vegas here I come.

I'm going to wear a shirt that says "GIVE PIT(T)MAN A SOLO!"

i'm by no means a wealthy guy, but 150 bucks to see my favorite band doens't bug me at all. i was prolly a lil harsh with the stfu comments tho. just the bitching is annoying.

if you are spending all that money to get there, whats an extra 70 bucks for the ticket? thats the point i'm trying to make. since i'm paying for me and the girl i'm bringing with me, chances are i'm prolly only going to go to one of the shows, but it'll be well worth the money and i'm not complaining.

in addition, vegas makes a great busines trip for me any day.

in addition, vegas makes a great busines trip for me any day.

WOW :blink: Wouldn't we all love a job where we could write off a trip to Vegas and a GNR concert as a "business expense"? Shit, all I get to write off is car and gas mileage :(

I'll pay double for the shows in Vegas...Can anyone help me?

Bring on the Canadian dates mother fuckers!

I don't care if it costs me $200, I am going.

fuckin right!

Yea man. And if they play more than one show near me, I will go to both rock1

Toronto,Hamilton,London...and if I can swing it,Montreal and Ottawa

any/all of the above!

bring it!