Anyone think Axl may be afraid to release Chinese Democracy?

DaneisKing1389

Do any of you think that Axl may have some fear about releasing Chinese Democracy? I mean, look at the facts. It's been so long since an album and he's basically stayed in the spotlight. If he releases this and it happens to suck, he may not be given another chance. The public may not care enough about them to worry about a follow-up if CD sucks. Axl's only hope then would be to reform the old GN'R or drop out of the spotlight (I guess he could release a follow-up with another large risk that, if failed, would COMPLETELY shut him out... I mean, who wants to wait 14 years for a CD to suck?). And then who would want to wait a few more years for a follow-up to a sucky CD?

If it's ever released (hopefully it is... I think it will be in a matter of time), it better be good.

Well done......*gives you a clap on the sholder*

Ofcourse he is afraid of releasing it. He has everything to lose. If its not well recived by the media and the mainstream people Guns N' Roses in this form is dead. All he has worked for the last 10years would have been gone to waste. Would you be scared if the rest of your life depended on that moment when the CD hits the shelves.

That is why it's been delaid for so long. He needs it to be perfect. It has to be amasing to make people see that he was the main man in GNR and not slash.

He has to carry the legacy to the next face and he is scared to pieces.

Every man in his position is scared for the public reactions. This album will determent if he will go down in history as one of the big rock n roll icon. Or the destructive force of one of the greatest rock bands ever.

That is why it's been delaid for so long.

What's "delaid" mean? If you're going to make a point and be taken seriously, learn to spell.

I don't think he's scared of releasing it at all. I think it's being held up to hype it up. With more show dates being released in the fall, and Axl did say "fall/late fall", there's a lot more buzz on the album than there has ever been. Saying he's too scared to release it is IDIOTIC. No one works on something for 10 years and spends million on the production of it in order to keep it hidden.

I don't think he's scared. I think he may be a little nervous about how it will be received. I don't think the cd will suck. It is possible though that it could be a great cd that just doesn't sell. It wouldn't be the only cd out there like that. The music will definately have to speak for itself for Axl to be king again. If the teenagers like it, that'll be a plus (i guess, supposedly teens buy more cd's than adults).

That is why it's been delaid for so long.

What's "delaid" mean? If you're going to make a point and be taken seriously, learn to spell.

I don't think he's scared of releasing it at all. I think it's being held up to hype it up. With more show dates being released in the fall, and Axl did say "fall/late fall", there's a lot more buzz on the album than there has ever been. Saying he's too scared to release it is IDIOTIC. No one works on something for 10 years and spends million on the production of it in order to keep it hidden.

Here you go junior

who is saying that he keeps it hidden? We all knows it exists and that it will eventually go out.

And if you think that Axl is some kind of superhuman that don't think about what other people think about him. Then your sadly misstaken. Becouse if that was the case he would have released it long ago. But he want's it perfect. And he will work on it untill he think it's done.

When you "alone" has to carry on something that was so big. Then you have a lot of pressure on your shoulders. People expecting it to be the best of all time. And other waiting for you to fail.

He does read message boards. As he has stated in interveiws. He likes to see what is going on in the community. And that indicates that he really do care what other people think.

And that would make it reasnable to think that he is infact scared to release it becouse he is afraid of what people might think about his masterpiece.

I think anyone is going to be nervous when trying to out do themselves. Especialy trying to do something better than AFD or UYI.

He's probably a little nervous. Who wouldn't be in that position? But I would not call him scared. And I have a lot of faith in this album. After all, I love all the leaks and new songs that we have heard already. Not to mention even if this album does not go on to sell millions, that has nothing to do with an album being good or not. I have faith in Axl.

Judging be the quality of the leaks, I doubt this album is going to suck, in any way.

Afraid of putting out? I'm sure once he does release it, he may sweat a bit. You know, considering he hasn't put out a full album of original material since 1991. But that's natural.

Guest cherry_bomb

i really doubt he is. even if he is, no WAY would he ever let that be known. i dont think he's releasing CD to prove anything to anyone else, when he's ready, and proud of it, then thats the time. fear doesnt come into it.

Well done......*gives you a clap on the sholder*

Ofcourse he is afraid of releasing it. He has everything to lose. If its not well recived by the media and the mainstream people Guns N' Roses in this form is dead. All he has worked for the last 10years would have been gone to waste. Would you be scared if the rest of your life depended on that moment when the CD hits the shelves.

That is why it's been delaid for so long. He needs it to be perfect. It has to be amasing to make people see that he was the main man in GNR and not slash.

So if the music is bad it means Slash was the main man, and if it's great it means Axl's the main man? That makes no sense. Nothing Axl does today will change what happened in the past. Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff (to a lesser extent) - they were all important to the old songs. In the old band, Axl wrote a lot. Slash wrote a lot. Izzy wrote a lot. Case closed. Unless you've got a time machine none of that is changing anytime soon. Both Axl and Slash will always be held in high regard by anyone that knows what they are talking about when it comes to Guns N' Roses. Nothing can change this.

I also don't think this is a comparison of Axl and Slash. If anyone will be compared to Slash it'll be Finck and Bucket. Axl's just doing what he's always done, and that includes relying on others to come up with lead guitar parts.

Edited by KBear

i dont think hes afraid. i think what hes doing is working past that. you know, just keeps on working on it and adding songs and making sure its great, until one day there will be no doubt that he ahs surpassed what he has in his mind, that it is good enough and that he is happy with it. Then no one can argue. I think he likes to be in that position. You know when something good happens to you and you feel happy and confident and you act kind of nonchanlant, thats what he wants. Nail the album, do a massive tour, tons of cash, tons of ladies begging him and then he just cruises around feeling kinda cool. And people say hey great album and he says yeah really?

He's not sacred, he has the industry and the fans by the balls and he wont let go.

Guest Apollo

Uhhh, there is a lot of people "assuming" they know how Axl feels and thinks.

Truth is, NONE of us know why he hasn't put out the album. We assume he's nervous or scared.

Maybe he just doesn't give a fuck what anybody else thinks, or anybody else's time table. There is no law or rule that says you have to release an album at a specific time.

Maybe Axl is perfectly calm and content and will release Chinese Democracy when he FEELS like it's ready to go. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe he wants to make sure he is 100% happy with all the songs - then he'll do it.

Do any of you think that Axl may have some fear about releasing Chinese Democracy? I mean, look at the facts. It's been so long since an album and he's basically stayed in the spotlight. If he releases this and it happens to suck, he may not be given another chance. The public may not care enough about them to worry about a follow-up if CD sucks. Axl's only hope then would be to reform the old GN'R or drop out of the spotlight (I guess he could release a follow-up with another large risk that, if failed, would COMPLETELY shut him out... I mean, who wants to wait 14 years for a CD to suck?). And then who would want to wait a few more years for a follow-up to a sucky CD?

If it's ever released (hopefully it is... I think it will be in a matter of time), it better be good.

The CD won't suck. I don't think Axl is afraid, no, he may be nervous (who wouldn't be?) but not scared. It would be a failure not to release the album. And well, there will always be people bitching about Gn'R and the album, no matter how good the CD is. But we are used to that, and Axl aswell.

The CD won't suck. I don't think Axl is afraid, no, he may be nervous (who wouldn't be?) but not scared. It would be a failure not to release the album. And well, there will always be people bitching about Gn'R and the album, no matter how good the CD is. But we are used to that, and Axl aswell.

well said rock3

After all these years it looks to me like the so called “heart & soul” of GN’R doesn’t have anything in his possession which would be even close to revelation. And he is well aware of that.

That is why we have to wait for new record for so long.

It’s obvious that if he had had something special he would have released it long time ago.

It's just a game. Like anything else. If they released a record before this it would have bombed. So the wait continues. Times running out for sure.

"Nothing happens with this band until it's kamikazi run." - Axl, misquoted again.

Nervous basically goes hand in hand with Scared. If you're nervous about something, you're scared of the wrong thing happening. Like in high school... if you're nervous about a test, you're scared you'll do bad.

I only really like Better and Catcher in the Rye. I'm not a large fan of the others. I hope there are better ones on the album.