Official VMA Thread

axlsend

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read through the 13 pages of this thread, but - since Dizzy will have a show with HnB that same night and thus it's very unlikely to see GNR at the VMAs - has anyone considered the possibility of Axl taking the stage at the VMAs as a guest performer? I mean, I don't know which bands are to perform at that show, but perhaps we will see Axl teaming up with some rock band and having a guest spot at the song the are to perform. Wouldn't that be cool? (As long as it wouldn't be some shity group, of course...)

I haven't read through the 13 pages of this thread, but - since Dizzy will have a show with HnB that same night and thus it's very unlikely to see GNR at the VMAs - has anyone considered the possibility of Axl taking the stage at the VMAs as a guest performer? I mean, I don't know which bands are to perform at that show, but perhaps we will see Axl teaming up with some rock band and having a guest spot at the song the are to perform. Wouldn't that be cool? (As long as it wouldn't be some shity group, of course...)

Good call. It's been done before! ;) What rock bands are supposed to play?

MTV: Music Television announced today that Shakira and OK Go have been added to the incredible performers line-up already set for the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards." It was previously announced that Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Panic! At the Disco, T.I., The Killers, Ludacris with Pharrell, The All-American Rejects, The Raconteurs, and Justin Timberlake are confirmed to perform at the star studded awards show. Hosted by Jack Black, the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will air live from New York's Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, August 31st at 8:00pm ET/PT.

Also, Axl Rose, Lindsay Lohan, Kanye West, Paris Hilton, Diddy, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, Pussycat Dolls and 50 Cent, have been added to the presenters list. The star studded show will also include appearances by Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Simpson, Chris Brown, Fall Out Boy, Rihanna, Jared Leto of 30 Seconds To Mars, Busta Rhymes, Shaun White, Ne-Yo, Missy Elliott, Cast of Jackass, Amy Lee of Evanescence, Lil Jon, and Nick Lachey. Additionally, Borat and Sarah Silverman will make special guest appearances.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles

TONIGHT!!!

Anyone hoping or expecting anything more than a 60 seconds clip of Axl presenting an award will be deeply disappointed imo.

If you're lucky - he MAY get interviewed.*Fingers crossed*

No doubt more shit coming Axl's way, either way :rolleyes:

UK SUBS.

He thoroughly deserves every bit of stick he receives for not coming through with his promises. He said it was almost ready in 02, then 04, then 05 and now 06. Yet he still doesn't have the balls to release anything, and insists on making his fellow band members look ridiculous.

If he does let another showcase chance to publicise the album slip away, its a very bad sign. The tour tickets aren't wanted and its going to become increasingly hard to get gigs in the future. The band are not gaining any advantage by delaying the album.

Axl better get interviewed on the red carpet session. i wanna hear some comments! rock1 rock4rock3rock4 rock2

Anyone hoping or expecting anything more than a 60 seconds clip of Axl presenting an award will be deeply disappointed imo.

UK SUBS.

He thoroughly deserves every bit of stick he receives for not coming through with his promises. He said it was almost ready in 02, then 04, then 05 and now 06. Yet he still doesn't have the balls to release anything, and insists on making his fellow band members look ridiculous.

If he does let another showcase chance to publicise the album slip away, its a very bad sign. The tour tickets aren't wanted and its going to become increasingly hard to get gigs in the future. The band are not gaining any advantage by delaying the album.

I agree i dont think theyre getting anything accept maybe angry fans from delaying the album release. but the tour tickets are pretty much wanted. they have 3 shows sold out.

UK SUBS.

I hope not.. I'm staying up all night for this

Alright, I have recognized like 2 people so far. Hulk Hogan and Kurt Loder. Now some guy is on top of the Empire State Building trying to sing. And he looks like the guy that attacked Daniel Son in the Karate Kid!

Come on, Axl. Where are you!!!!!

:unsure: anyone know when they start for pacific timers?

(B.C. Canada/Washington usa)

:xmasssanta: ty

and yeah i wont expect axl to be on stage long lol like UK Subs said you shouldnt expect anything big :P

well, if it starts here (ontario, EST) at 8pm....you do the math

Well, I don't think people will know who Axl is. All they seems to care about is the blinged out idiots and the kids with makeup and questionable haircuts. :confused:

This world needs REAL ROCK N ROLL!!!

Looks like they're gonna love Axl then!