Official VMA Thread

axlsend

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone excited about this? The way I look at it, we've taken a step back.

Four years ago, Axl actually PERFORMED at the VMA's and gave off the impression that he was "back", and now four years later all we get is him presenting an award? I don't see the big deal. The situation has regressed if anything.

Well, if we listened to you, then everything would be a step back for this band.

Of course an award presenation is not a big deal, but it doesn't have to be. Not everything dealing with Guns N' Roses has to be one big, spectacular bang. We all know Axl Rose is performing starting in September, and people in North America will know that eventually.

Strip all of this down, and what do we have? Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses getting their names out there again. 2002 wasn't a success, so why repeat it? Taking a step back doesn't always mean the album will be delayed again and again. It just means that rushing into a repeat of history isn't exactly a good idea. Only Axl knows what's going to happen in the coming months, so I don't see anything wrong with him taking it a little slower this time, especially after a highly successful European tour.

Don't reply to him. He only wants your reaction.

no doubt. othafa is your textbook Slash cupcake. I'm surprised he's stil here TBH.

This is great to have Axl in the spotlight again. rock3

you know guys most of the time somebody is presenting/performing at the vma's they have something to promote, and most of the time it isn't just a tour. B)

Jack Black: And now our next presenter, Axl Rose!

<Axl comes out to an applause>

Axl: "I was asked to come here tonight to give out the award for best rock album of the year. Oh by the way, Chinese Democracy is coming out in November! Ok, here's the nominees..."

Yeah, I'm SURE that will happen.

your exactly right, that wont happen when he is presenting.

but it is very likely it will happen before or after the show during an interview.

:shades:

no doubt. othafa is your textbook Slash cupcake.

Pfft. Call him a cupcake if it makes you feel better. He made a valid point - should he have to apologise because it upsets the likes of you.

Toughen up, Nancy.

Well Bob, judging by his posts, I would say 'cupcake' is the appropiate term. This poster is clearly not a fan of Axl or the band, yet he comes here on a daily basis to bash GNR.

That "cupcake" was pretty much heart & soul of GN'R and thanks to him we all became GN'R fans I guess.

Unless musical side of GN'R never interested you :D

Lil' respect for THE MAN

Edited by Iras

wouldnt it be funny if Velvet Revolver had released an album earlier this year... and Axl had to announce they won Greatest Rock Album 2006 or something :o:rofl-lol:

that would be cool. Axl would Probably Say someone else on Principal

Great news!!!

Sure, the presenters are only allowed to read some stupid lines during the show. But think about the show in total. MTV always interviews the presenters and celebs in the pre-show. I think 31st of August we will finally get a release date. I'm almost sure!!! YEAH, I KNOW IT NOW, IT SMELLS LIKE RELEASE DATE TO ME!!!! MOTHERFUCKERS, YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Great news!!!

Sure, the presenters are only allowed to read some stupid lines during the show. But think about the show in total. MTV always interviews the presenters and celebs in the pre-show. I think 31st of August we will finally get a release date. I'm almost sure!!! YEAH, I KNOW IT NOW, IT SMELLS LIKE RELEASE DATE TO ME!!!! MOTHERFUCKERS, YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

calm down dear its only an awards show :P

Great news!!!

calm down dear its only an awards show :P

:rofl-lol:

It's good news though, but I'd much prefer a performance from them.... show the world how much he's improved since 2002, and how good the tour will be.... just do Jungle - that will do me!

LP

Wow excellant, I don't usually watch the MTV stuff but will do just to see Axl, it'll drive my other half loopy though as he's not much of an Axl fan, he doesn't mind some of their music but he's certainly not as into it all as I am! Poor soul will have to put up with it though.........!

Jo (Barmy about GnR!)

Great news!!!

maybe we'll get another "You'll see it... i just don't know if "soon' is the word"

Cool. Hopefully it'll give Axl some good exposure to a new/younger crowd. Jack Black will be hosting. I'll think I'll actually watch it this year. Most VMA's blow ass unless Guns is there or Chris Rock is hosting. I recently found this youtube video of Jack Black begging Led Zeppelin to let him have one of their songs for his movie School of Rock. Check it out.

Cool. Hopefully it'll give Axl some good exposure to a new/younger crowd. Jack Black will be hosting. I'll think I'll actually watch it this year. Most VMA's blow ass unless Guns is there or Chris Rock is hosting. I recently found this youtube video of Jack Black begging Led Zeppelin to let him have one of their songs for his movie School of Rock. Check it out.

not a big fan of jack black beacause gnr didnt get any mention at all in School of rock :anger:

I liked him in King kong though.