Official VMA Thread

axlsend

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them say that on MTV actually and I haven't been on the forum for quite awhile...I totally freaked out :lol: ! My friend thought I was going to have a heart attack or something.

So he's just presenting something/someone then? I mean, I don't think he's just gonna walk out, present an award, and be done with it :huh: .

Hopefully we'll get some US tour dates or mabye a uh...hmm.. whats that called again? A RELEASE DATE?!

:)

This is how it should go down:

Axl Rose and Jack Black shall be co-presenters:

AR: We're here to present the award for best...

JB:*glares sullenly at axl*

AR:Rock...video...hey Jack why are you looking at me like--

JB: *Knocks Axl upside the head*

AR: OWW Hey what--

JB:*bonks him with mic* Where the fuck have you been? More importantly where the fuck is the album? You think you're so important that you can just snub fans and admirers of your music. You think you can constantly bullshit and fritter around just because you're Axl Rose?

AR: *shrugs shoulders* Yeah...

JB: Arrrrrrgh!

An elborate chase scene shall ensue. I'm thinking explosions, some yakety sax music, maybe some accidental Good Charlotte maiming.

JB finally catches up to our hero, tackles him and stomps on him a few times. Axl staggers to his feet and clutches the podium for support.

Frothing JB: Apolgize to everyone for your lack of music production over the past decade and any other wrongs you may have committed.

Ar:O--OK. I apologize to the fans and my bandmates, my record label...

10 min later

Ar: I'm sorry I called you a filthy money grubbing jew Slash, Erin, Stephanie, females in general,

15 min later

Ar: The entire nation of Tobago, Denny's fast food franchise and affliates and mr. meowsworth, my kitty.

Ar: Whew! I feel so much better, refreshed. I think I can function as a decent human now. I love you world! I will bring joy to everyone by releasing Chinese Democracy Nov. 15 and donate all proceeds to a wonderful fan in west michigan--she knows who she is! Ahhhh, hugs.

JB: ahem, Axl, that's great but the average Mtv viewer only has an attention span of 12 seconds--they've all tuned out.

That was fun :D

Edited by Whee1010

This is how it should go down:

Axl Rose and Jack Black shall be co-presenters:

AR: We're here to present the award for best...

JB:*glares sullenly at axl*

AR:Rock...video...hey Jack why are you looking at me like--

JB: *Knocks Axl upside the head*

AR: OWW Hey what--

JB:*bonks him with mic* Where the fuck have you been? More importantly where the fuck is the album? You think you're so important that you can just snub fans and admirers of your music. You think you can constantly bullshit and fritter around just because you're Axl Rose?

AR: *shrugs shoulders* Yeah...

JB: Arrrrrrgh!

An elborate chase scene shall ensue. I'm thinking explosions, some yakety sax music, maybe some accidental Good Charlotte maiming.

JB finally catches up to our hero, tackles him and stomps on him a few times. Axl staggers to his feet and clutches the podium for support.

Frothing JB: Apolgize to everyone for your lack of music production over the past decade and any other wrongs you may have committed.

Ar:O--OK. I apologize to the fans and my bandmates, my record label...

10 min later

Ar: I'm sorry I called you a filthy money grubbing jew Slash, Erin, Stephanie, females in general,

15 min later

Ar: The entire nation of Tobago, Denny's fast food franchise and affliates and mr. meowsworth, my kitty.

Ar: Whew! I feel so much better, refreshed. I think I can function as a decent human now. I love you world! I will bring joy to everyone by releasing Chinese Democracy Nov. 15 and donate all proceeds to a wonderful fan in west michigan--she knows who she is! Ahhhh, hugs.

JB: ahem, Axl, that's great but the average Mtv viewer only has an attention span of 12 seconds--they've all tuned out.

That was fun :D

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Wow. That's a strange thought process you have there, but if there's going to be a chase scene, the theme from Benny Hill will always satisfy :P

Has anyone ever..ever seen someone promote something for themselves on the mtv awards? Plenty of people go up that have just realesed something, and don't mention it.

Just something to think about for those thinking about him saying something.

I mean how shit would that be really, he'd be like, "and here are the nominies for the award...btw my new album is comming out in november go buy it =D"

C'mon!

No, but the announcer who ANNOUNCES the presenter walking out often promotes their latest projects.....like...."Here to present our next award, starring in the upcoming movie Star Wars....Samuel L. Jackson!"......there could be something there, Axl doesnt need to say anything himself.

"AND HERE TO PRESENT THE VMA AWARD FOR BEST ROCK ALBUM, LEAD SINGER OF GUNS N ROSES WHOSE ALBUM ARRIVES NOVEMBER 2006.....AXL ROSE!"

Edited by PS_PoWeR

I hope he does something outragous! Always cracks me up when he gives some shit to someone, like when he ranted on about Warren Beaty before he played double jive talking at a concert! Axl can be sooooo unpredictable so he could well be all serious and cool or on the other hand totally insane!!

rock3

Figures the one night of the WHOLE year I happen to be in NYC overnight (Aug.31st) is the same night Axl is going to be there. UNFORTUNETLY (lol..) I have tickets to a broadway show that night so I cant go to the VMA's...I am going to be in the area all day so I am going to have to be looking hard for all the clebs who are going to be around there (not like I care about 3/4's of them). Maybe I will spot Axl and give hin a "Hey, how ya' doing?'..but I probably have a better chance of getting a winning $1000 winning scratch off ticket . If anyone can suggest any places where there might be VMA after parties that Axl may attend, I may scout it out...lol....

Nah, I don't think there will be a release date, either in interview or on stage. Most of these people (the ones that aren't rabid die hard GN'R fans like us) have no idea that they are touring again, or that they are even a band still, so why would they care if he announced a release date there? Personally, I think they should just play, rather than present an award. But of course, I share that wish with just about everyone else here!

There will be a buzz created around it, and after the event, the buzz will be electrified with an official release date and single. :)

Axl Rose Will have a Surprise at the MTV Video Music Awards this year as stated, " There will be something in store for all the folks in attendance and watching, so stay tune." - the man himself

:unsure:

rock3rock3rock3

source please

Axl Rose Will have a Surprise at the MTV Video Music Awards this year as stated, " There will be something in store for all the folks in attendance and watching, so stay tune." - the man himself

:unsure:

rock3rock3rock3

source please

yes-we must know.