Special songs.

zara mama

Do you sometimes catch yourself that when you are listening to any of GN'R cds there is a song that you seem to find more special than the rest. Not necessarily your favourite or something, but about which you have special feelings, for which you seem to be waiting to hear when you listen to the album. Mm?

I have. :) here they are:

AFD - rocket queen [second - think about you]

Lies - one in a million

Illusion 1 - don't damn me

Illusion 2 - Breakdown [second - locomotive]

Spagethi - look at your game, girl [second - human being]

CD - the blues

rock3

Edited by zara mama

AFD - Paradise City; that song to me, is Guns N Roses in a nutshell.

Lies - One In A Million; despite all the controversy, it's a pretty kick ass song.

UYI 1 - Coma; my favorite GNR song, ever.

UYI 2 - Locomotive; Great riff, great lyrics, always take time out to enjoy that one.

TSI? - Human Being

AFD - Rocket Queen - it just makes me remember my total love of GNR.

Lies - Mama Kin

UYI I - Don't Damn Me

UYI 2 - Estranged - I think it is a lyrical masterpiece / Locomotive - again, lyrically awesome and great riff

TSI - Attitude

my total love of GN'R - awesome;D

Lies - Mama Kin

UYI I - Don't Damn Me

UYI 2 - Estranged - I think it is a lyrical masterpiece / Locomotive - again, lyrically awesome and great riff

TSI - Attitude

So true though! You know, there are times when I am really into another band and loving it and thinking they are great... then I hear that song and I actually get really excited by it. I remember myself as a kid singing that song and making my parents watch the Paris show over and over again. There will never be a band that have been as significant in my life as GNR (apart from maybe my own band lol)

Lies - Mama Kin

UYI I - Don't Damn Me

TSI - Attitude

So true though! You know, there are times when I am really into another band and loving it and thinking they are great... then I hear that song and I actually get really excited by it. I remember myself as a kid singing that song and making my parents watch the Paris show over and over again. There will never be a band that have been as significant in my life as GNR (apart from maybe my own band lol)

GN'R has transformed my life in every single way. And, yes, 'Rocket queen' goes to my bones and ewokes this fundamental and magic feeling of loving GN'R :P

AFD-lol the whole CD

Lies-Patience,OIAM

UYI I-NR

UYI II-Estranged, Dont Cry (alternate)

TSI?-Since I dont Have You (on my iTunes its the song after T.W.A.T. lol)

CD (the songs we know)-CD, TWAT, IRS, Maddy, The Blues, Better, Silkworms, OMG

I like CITR but for some reason id choose another song over it

:krider:

AFD - Definately Rocket Queen and Think About You... (Sweet Child is still the greatest rock love song of the last 20 years)

UYI 1 - Big fan of the opener, Right Next Door to Hell

UYI 2 - Yesterdays is one of their best songs... simple, lyrically deep, great rhythm and flow, and catchy chorus... gotta love Breakdown and Locomotive too

TSI - Their version of Nazareth's Hair of the Dog is most likely my favorite GNR cover song

CD leaks - Gotta go with the The Blues, although a lot of people forget how good Madagascar is since it's been around for awhile. I remember watching the MTV awards in 2002, and even though it really wasn't the best performance, when they broke into Madagascar and revealed a new GNR song to the world (let's be honest, Oh My God doesn't count, it blows as does industrial rock that it resembled) I was all fired up. Definately reminded me of Use Your Illusion material and i still eagerly await Chinese Democracy's release... a few more months and a few more hits I hope!

AFD - Its So Easy - This song just gets me pumped, I love it.

Lies - One In A Million - if this song wasnt as hard edged Id be saying Patience, both songs mean a lot to me.

UYI1 - Right Next Door To Hell - I feel like this when Im with my friends in Detroit. Coma is an extremely close second

UYI2 - Locamotive - Just a great song, the jam at the end is amazing and the lyrics are Axl at his best.

TSI? - Down On The Farm - Lyrics describe how I feel about living in a rual area perfectly, its amazing how spot on it is.

AFD - Welcome To The Jungle

Lies - Used to love her

UYI1 - Dead Horse

UYI2 - Pretty Tied Up

TSI - Ain´t It Fun (If Sympathy for the Devil were on TSI I would choose that song)

The new songs - Better

That´s the list if I only choose one song from every cd.