GN'R & MLB?

Budweiser

Major League Baseball have been doing marketing campaigns like this for the last couple of years. usually it involves promoting a movie and not a musical release or tour. Spider-Man 2 was promoted this way. i can't think of which other movies, but they're have been some. they even went as far as to paint a Spidey logo on the field by the batters box and they were going to have the bases covered in a Spider-Man logo until some fans complained that doing so was letting the business side enter into the sports side a little bit too much. this years playoffs are going to be very popular in terms of ratings because both New York teams have made the playoffs, then on the other coast you've got the Oakland A's and LA Dodgers making the playoffs. big markets tuning in=big ratings=big exposure.

i think this is smart marketing, especially in terms of reaching the older fans that have either forgotten or abandoned GNR. the skinny concert-going teen from '91 is now the blue collar beer gut guy watching sports on tv every night. i also think advertising to NASCAR fans would be gold as well.

i recommended this line of advertising about a month ago in another thread, by the way :)

as far as baseball being boring and "why not another sport". well, the only other thing going on in sports right now and in the late fall is NFL football and the start of the NBA season. NFL football is great exposure, but also VERY expensive. the NBA doesn't really start to draw big ratings numbers until the spring when the playoff picture begins coming into focus. these MLB games will be on major networks during primetime hours and drawing very good numbers in terms of viewership. also, baseball is played EVERY DAY where as football (US) is only played once a week. so again, more exposure.

Edited by artfromtex

Let's hope Axl doesn't start wearing a baseball glove on stage.

Only while they perform Catcher In The Rye.

LOL That's good. :P

NO!!!!!............That's great!!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Kannon.

i thought it was crap :unsure:

yeah corny and predictable, and that's what made it so stupidly great :laugh: ........................ :ph34r:

kannon.

I have a feeling were gonna hear the intro to "Welcome to the Jungle" many times during the playoffs and World Series. And it will be interesting to hear Joe Buck mention GnR/ticket availability on MLB.Com every 2 innings or so.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/tickets/index.jsp

dont know if anyone posted this....well I'm pretty sure that they have but I just find this so FUCKING cool!

Look to the right of the page!!! rock3

once again, sorry if this was alreayd posted in another thread or on this thread.

fuck im just excited...im sorry

Edited by GOLDEN