Rollingstone.com thinks November 21st is the date!

slashplay

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metacritic also has CD coming out on Nov 21st

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

I can post 1239781094104489144 other music sites who now says Nov 21st because of the RS.com comment.

ok post some? i havent seen any, and metacritic is a reliable source. they must have other sources other then the rs prediction, they dont operate on speculation.

XFM in scotland, and the DJ started talking about 3 of the biggest albums of the year coming out here on the 20th of November. She said U2's new album, someone elses new album, and then said Chinese Democracy (at this point i almost crashed my car, thought i'd missed something cause i haven't been on here in a few days) but then she added in at the end that it's one of the most eagely anticipated albums, and "Rolling Stone magazine are pretty confident that this is the date."

I've never known disappointment like it..

Who the fuck cares about this Jay-Z thing, as long as CD is out I dont give a fuck when its realeased.

Agreed.

The only ones who seem to think the Jay-Z release would somehow affect GNR album sales are the young kids whose frighteningly-limited musical knowledge is based solely on MTV. :rolleyes:

For you and for those who tried to diss me for my suggestion that Axl should do a collaboration with Jay-Z for his 1st single.

If you are refering to me, then you can go f*%$ yourself. But please, only go F*%$ yourself if you were refering to me. I'm far from "a young kid whose frighteningly-limited musical knowledge is based solely on MTV". But don't forget, we were once young too and needed time to evolve our musical taste and knowledge. So you shouldn't judge them on that.

Who I am, however, is someone who loves music above anything. And with music I mean all sorts of directions within music. I love rock above anything, but next to rock I also love new innovative music made by bands like the Killers or Artic Monkeys. I love Johnny Cash, Queen, or Ray Charles, but I also love Techno very much. And yes, I even like a small portion of Hiphop (very small portion though). Fact is that I'm not so insecure of myself like other people are on this board. Other people who have the need to identify themselves with a specific group or direction within music, in order to feel more secure or to prevent from standing out. The same lame traumatized high-school-ass-fucked fuckers who judge on other people for liking different kind of musical directions, only because 1 of those directions is outside of their territory.

Good music is about bringing people together and enjoying eachothers company, not about dividing people into different groups (for that we already have religion and that dumb-ass brainless mistake-in-sperm-cell-evolution sorry excuse for a US president, Mr. George Bush). And I know that nowadays it is very cool and popular to mention the classic bands as your favorites, mainly because it creates the illusion that you have good taste and musical knowledge. But you know what....it is also cool to have your own opinion. So I like the thing Jay-Z did with Linkin Park, and yes, I love a live performance by Greenday. So what? That doesn't change my love for GNR or Chinese Democracy.

If you paid any attention to your sick obsession, Mr. W Axl Rose, then you would have noticed that he is also very open to different directions within music. Hell, he even did a short rap during a classic rock n' roll GNR song like 'Rocket queen', wearing a base-ball cap promoting Ice-T if I remember correct. Hell, he even wore hiphop clothing during the 2002 tour. Hell, he even loves NWA and wanted them to open for GNR during the UYI-tour. Ignorant little bitches who hate experimenting caused the breake-up of GNR 10 years ago, and now, 10 years later, only ignorant little bitches will have something to complain about the 'broad' and 'multiple' direction CD will have.

PS. I have an utter disrespect for moderators who see themselves as 'frontman'.

For you and for those who tried to diss me for my suggestion that Axl should do a collaboration with Jay-Z for his 1st single.

If you are refering to me, then you can go f*%$ yourself....

Don't flatter yourself dude. I was referring to anybody who suggested that Jay_Z's album would somehow affect GNR record sales.

You can make all the speeches you like, but at the end of the day, the people who are big hip hop/rap fans are not those who will be first in line to buy the latest rock album. Period.

.. But please, only go F*%$ yourself if you were refering to me. I'm far from "a young kid whose frighteningly-limited musical knowledge is based solely on MTV". But don't forget, we were once young too and needed time to evolve our musical taste and knowledge. So you shouldn't judge them on that...

I judge them on the fact that they think a rap album will somehow affect a rock album's sales -- simply because rap/hip hop music is on heavy rotation on MTV. It won't.

... Good music is about bringing people together and enjoying eachothers company, not about dividing people into different groups (for that we already have religion and that dumb-ass brainless mistake-in-sperm-cell-evolution sorry excuse for a US president, Mr. George Bush) ...

If you were a woman, I'd say it was the wrong time of the month. Dude - what does President Bush have to do with Jay_Z's latest hip hop album?

.. . And I know that nowadays it is very cool and popular to mention the classic bands as your favorites, mainly because it creates the illusion that you have good taste and musical knowledge. But you know what....it is also cool to have your own opinion...

Hon, if there are people who "pretend" to like certain music just to fit in, then they have bigger problems than which album to buy next. But this just backs up my entire argument all along that the only people who think a rap artist's album will affect a rock album's sales are those whose sole musical knowledge is based on MTV and "fitting in."

Don't flatter yourself dude. I was referring to anybody who suggested that Jay_Z's album would somehow affect GNR record sales.

Hon, you are talking 'Rock' and 'Hip hop' albums. Somehow I get the idea that your tribe send you snowball hunting in Alaska between '92 and '95, because at that point Guns WAS mainstream because of their succes!!! And since Jay-Z has become mainstream because of his succes as well, it would definately influence eachother. Think before you write. How do you generate sales? Correct, by advertising and creating a hype. How do you do that? Correct, by getting media coverage. And that's the key issue here: MEDIA COVERAGE!!! Ok, you can have your roots in Rock or Hip Hop, but as soon as you become succesfull you will get the status mainstream with a blablabla (read Rock, Metal, Hip Hop, Electro) origin. And as Axl told us that CD will have all sorts of influences and something for everybody's taste, you can assume that it will lean more towards UYI (Mainstream with Rock background) than towards Appetite (Pure Rock N' Roll). VR's Contraband is a pure no-nonsense Rock n' Roll album, that's why they didn't have these huge mainstream sales quotations. And please don't say: "But they won a Grammy". Fuck that, because winning the Grammy for 'Best hard rock performance' is like winning the Oscar for 'Best subtitle animation'. So to sell CD next to loyal fans like us, Axl needs media coverage. And for that, hon, all releasing albums need to battle eachother, no matter which musical direction is your origin.

If you were a woman, I'd say it was the wrong time of the month. Dude - what does President Bush have to do with Jay_Z's latest hip hop album?

To be honest with you, it's the E from last weekend. Sorry for that.

Hon, if there are people who "pretend" to like certain music just to fit in, then they have bigger problems than which album to buy next. But this just backs up my entire argument all along that the only people who think a rap artist's album will affect a rock album's sales are those whose sole musical knowledge is based on MTV and "fitting in."

This was not towards you but towards the people saying that Axl would be the biggest sell out if he did a record with Jay. I just wanted to show that there are more people trying to be popular, and say they only like the classic bands just to create an image, instead of people like me who are not affraid to say what they think, like that a collaboration between Axl and Jay would maybe produce a cool, fresh, new single.

I hate to say it, but IF "Chinese Democracy" gets released on the 21st, it'll get CRUSHED by Jay-Z's "Kingdom Come". It's a fact. On it's first week of release, it'll reach #2. It'll probaly beat Snoop Doggs CD.

Who agrees?