Timeframe: Shooting a video

final_touches

If the album really is to be released before Christmas, a single (including a music video) must be released at least 2 weeks prior to the album.

The tour starts on the 20th of October. Then GNR has a show every 2 (sometimes 3) days up until Christmas. So there is not really much time to shoot a video then.

Conclusion: The band must make a video for the first single from now onwards and they must be ready with the filming when the tour starts in 3 weeks.

I think making a (probably) huge video which would include - I assume - at least 100 or even more people to directly or indirectly be involved with, couldn't be kept as a secret.

Thus I hope to hear rumors about GNR shooting a video pretty soon. If no action concerning a video shoot were to take place until the start of the tour, I would start to doubt that CD is really to be released this year.

Have we ever heard any rumors about some vids?!?

I've asked Richard about that on july but i'm still waiting for an answer......

yea it takes a couple of months for richard apparently, not like BBF... i have actually never msged someone like that i have thought about msging Ron but didnt want to add to the piles of fan male he gets everyday.

GNR arent gonna do a 'huge' video, no label would be so dippy as to give a band $10+ million for an album then another couple million for a video, both for an album that might not even be released. Im guessing if they are going to do an album, it will be a 'Live & Let Die' type of video.

Wasn't there discussion about them filming a video in London back in june/July? I did read somewhere about this?

Maybe someone can help with it.

Matt

yea i can remember reading somewhere on this board about that.

i think i remember reading it on here but i'm not sure

The video will most likely be very very low-key as it is not prudent for the band or label to spend a bunch of money on a video that most likely will not get alot of airtime. MTV is essentially out of the video business, and there are very few outlets that play music videos left anyway. It is not like it was in 92 when they knew MTV would play the shit out of November Rain 50 times a day. Now a days videos are a waste of money if you are outside the MTV TRL demographic like Guns is.

It don't take to long to shot a video. they will probably have something like estranged to it. mix it with live recordings. (better maybe)

And they might make it abit SCOMish. black and white. easy to shot. Only one day. And you have a instant classic.

Well, what if the 1st single is a new song that hasn't been played live in 2006? They wouldn't be able to use tour footage for a song they've never played. Although, if the 1st single is a new song (to everyone - even the diehards), my guess is that they could play the song on the N. American tour and gather video footage from that.

Seeing a new Guns N' Roses video on TV or on the net would just feel surreal.

The video will most likely be very very low-key as it is not prudent for the band or label to spend a bunch of money on a video that most likely will not get alot of airtime. MTV is essentially out of the video business, and there are very few outlets that play music videos left anyway. It is not like it was in 92 when they knew MTV would play the shit out of November Rain 50 times a day. Now a days videos are a waste of money if you are outside the MTV TRL demographic like Guns is.

I'm not sure that it's necessarily true that there are limited outlets for music videos now. If anything, it seems that music videos are even more accessible than ever. People are able to watch music videos online at anytime, and anywhere in the world rather than depending on the whims of someone at MTV to show it. When a GN'R video is released it may even be available for you to download to your iPod so you can watch it anywhere. For a band like GN'R there are numerous ways that they can use music videos to reach a wider audience.

I'm not sure that it's necessarily true that there are limited outlets for music videos now. If anything, it seems that music videos are even more accessible than ever. People are able to watch music videos online at anytime, and anywhere in the world rather than depending on the whims of someone at MTV to show it. When a GN'R video is released it may even be available for you to download to your iPod so you can watch it anywhere. For a band like GN'R there are numerous ways that they can use music videos to reach a wider audience.

and tv channells will play it Kerrang, Q, Scuzz to name a few

GNR arent gonna do a 'huge' video, no label would be so dippy as to give a band $10+ million for an album then another couple million for a video, both for an album that might not even be released. Im guessing if they are going to do an album, it will be a 'Live & Let Die' type of video.

Live and let die style, fine with me, that was a beast of a vid :D

Well first off all. The label don't pay much for videos etc anyway. it's mostly comming out from the artists pocket. And knowing axl wanting things to be bigger, grander. Well who knows. Maybe we will have some estranged style movie comming to us very soon. (there was a time is probably the song their gonna make a huge video with)

But the first video will probably be someting easy.

Or something grand using greenscreen. You don't need a hundred people to make someting huge these days. All you need is a green screens and some 3d nerds. And you got yourself a kick ass video ;)