The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

I think I read somewhere that Cro Cop was offered Velasquez but wanted nothing to do with him (can't say I blame him.) Agreed on Al Turk, how somebody with a record of 6 wins and 4 losses gets in to the UFC is mystifying.

Al Turk is a prime British fighter, why not? :rofl-lol:

I could take him :rofl-lol:

Anybody interested in merch, the UFC have opened an on line store for Europe.Though i order from the US store and it was here four days later.

You and me both mate - he's just a tough looking SOB. Have you seen his eye injuries?

The fact Cain landed like 250-odd shots to Kongo's skull... ouch.

Honestly i never thought anybody would own Kongo like that, Cain is a serious bad ass but in fairness Kongo never looked out of his depth or in any real trouble, Kongo and Rampage both recently signed management deals with Wolfslair ( i didn't see that coming )

Noiguera v Cotoure UFC 101

So Setanta has officially gone tits up. Honestly couldn't have went under at a worse time with UFC 100 just around the corner.

If Bravo buy it back it probably won't be live and we'll have to watch it 24hrs later... if Sky pick it up they'll more than likely charge £15 a show like they do with the wrestling.

Fuck that. :(

So Setanta has officially gone tits up. Honestly couldn't have went under at a worse time with UFC 100 just around the corner.

If Bravo buy it back it probably won't be live and we'll have to watch it 24hrs later... if Sky pick it up they'll more than likely charge £15 a show like they do with the wrestling.

Fuck that. :(

Some rumours are that the UFC plan to launch its own channel within the UK then lease shows to all the platforms, which would be cool because im not paying for what can be two box office events per month in some months.I don't mind if Bravo or Virgin pick it up, more often than not i watch it the next day anyway, except UK events

If fans had to do that popularity in the UFC would decline in the UK and that would suck considering the strides it has made commercially.

Thank fuck.

One problem is ESPN comes as part of the Setanta package, im not even sure that you could get it when Setanta ends broadcasting?

Sky would turn it into a great big cash cow and fans like me simply wouldn't pay the cash, Five? ( i really doubt it ), my money would be on Virgin1.

To be honest im just happy its going to be around but if sky get it then they have to treat it with more respect than in their first run, 4am once a fortnight is not going to cut it for the UFC anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Predictions boys?

Its going to be incredible.

I can only think if Mir can stop Brocks strength and power he can submit him again but i don't think anybody can stop the power and strength.

Bisping can take Hendo in my opinion.Im interested in Danzig fighting, i like his style.St Pierre will win without too many problems.Coleman v Bonnar could be fight of the night

My thought exactly GOAB :) I'm getting pretty psyched about it all truth be told.

I'm a massive fan of Brock and Mir - so ultimately, the only winner there will be me! I'd love to see Frank do it though.

Again, Bisping and Hendo... I'll have to back English!

Fitch and Belcher will probably do the goods as well.

My opinion is that GSP will beat Alves as well, although this might actually go the distance.

I'm with you on Coleman/Bonnar - although I'd imagine Bonnar probably has that bit more in the tank now.

Danzig/Miller will be good, hopefully Jim'll come out tops though.

Kim, Dollaway and Gugerty should also win their respective bouts.

My thought exactly GOAB :) I'm getting pretty psyched about it all truth be told.

I'm a massive fan of Brock and Mir - so ultimately, the only winner there will be me! I'd love to see Frank do it though.

My opinion is that GSP will beat Alves as well, although this might actually go the distance.

I'm with you on Coleman/Bonnar - although I'd imagine Bonnar probably has that bit more in the tank now.

Lets just hope it doesn't come down to online streaming, the UFC is due to announce a channel for UK viewers tomorrow.

Lets just hope it doesn't come down to online streaming, the UFC is due to announce a channel for UK viewers tomorrow.

Well, ESPN is creating a UK Sports channel - perhaps that is it. I'd be gutted if I didn't see it like, I don't want to have to wait for it to be on YouTube or something like that. Hopefully they'll do something worthwhile, hell - I'd probably even pay for it on Sky.

Well, ESPN is creating a UK Sports channel - perhaps that is it. I'd be gutted if I didn't see it like, I don't want to have to wait for it to be on YouTube or something like that. Hopefully they'll do something worthwhile, hell - I'd probably even pay for it on Sky.

Plenty of good sites have streaming live but its not the same, the UFC will sort something, they don't want to lose the in roads they have made here.Sky treated the UFC like shit on its first run.Personally i say give it to virgin, they handled TUF9 and had pretty good viewing figures considering minimal promo.

Lesnar Unanimous Decision (I really hope i'm wrong but I can see Lesnar just grinding out a decision and avoiding making the same mistake he made last time.)

GSP TKO

Bisping Split Decision

Paulo Thiago TKO

Stephan Bonnar Unanimous Decision

Yoshihiro Akiyama Submission

Should be an incredible card!

Plenty of good sites have streaming live but its not the same, the UFC will sort something, they don't want to lose the in roads they have made here.Sky treated the UFC like shit on its first run.Personally i say give it to virgin, they handled TUF9 and had pretty good viewing figures considering minimal promo.

I agree completely - mostly because I'm on VM also :P Seems like the logical thing to do, and would secure a good showing - and indeed, enabling it to be reshown.

i would not want to be frank mir right now.

i am suprised people here think he will win, even more shocked by the person who thinks it will go to a decision. i cant see him lasting 5 rounds. its obvious he can win, because he has, but you know lesnar learned from his mistake and is coming back for revenge, also lesnar rocked mir twice before mir made him pay. its probably going to be a KO for lesnar, maybe a submission for mir, but if it goes to a decision ill be fucking shocked. i would like to see mir knock him out tho. im pullin for mir, love an underdog and im not a fan of lesnar. it would be sweet to see him beat twice, and to lose the belt to mir.

pullin for gsp, and dan henderson.

and of course sexyama.

i would not want to be frank mir right now.

i am suprised people here think he will win, even more shocked by the person who thinks it will go to a decision. i cant see him lasting 5 rounds. its obvious he can win, because he has, but you know lesnar learned from his mistake and is coming back for revenge, also lesnar rocked mir twice before mir made him pay. its probably going to be a KO for lesnar, maybe a submission for mir, but if it goes to a decision ill be fucking shocked. i would like to see mir knock him out tho. im pullin for mir, love an underdog and im not a fan of lesnar. it would be sweet to see him beat twice, and to lose the belt to mir.

pullin for gsp, and dan henderson.

and of course sexyama.

Thing is, both fighters will probably start gassing around the third round - if Mir has his new conditioning in, and if Brock can keep up that high octane. So, if it does go past that, it may just slow in intensity entirely - and that's about the only way it could go to a decision imho. If Brock does start gassing before Mir, then the ball is entirely in Mir's court - I think it was Burman who said that's when a submission expert is at his most dangerous, when he's got a gassing wrestler in front of him. Mir himself has said he's just tried to keep himself the light years ahead in things such as technique and skill, which seems entirely plausible given his accolades. Let us just see if he actually can do it.

I think Lesnar will have learned, but even experienced fighters can get caught in things that are easy as. I'll give the poor example of Sylvia/Fedor - gives up his back nearly straight away and he's submitted. Sylvia was never known for his submission offence or indeed defence, akin to Brock - but as Dana White recently commented, Brock has got all the tools to make the game about what he wants. If he doesn't want to be taken down, he won't be. White also commented that if Mir gets an arm or a leg of yours, he's taking it home with him - it now belongs to him. So in that respect, we've got one person who just needs that slight opening, and one who is at liberty to give that opening. I'm excited just thinking about it!

If the Mir that fought Nogeuria comes out... we will have an amazing fight. Otherwise, Mir may as well be fighting blind.

Odd how it is a David and Goliath situation - when Frank Mir weighs 20lb (although on the night say 40lbs) lighter than Brock!

I may have already mentioned - but UFC 100 has a sweet as website!!

Looks as if Sky 433 and UFC Online will show the bouts:

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=21058

a friend loaned me a pride fighting dvd, havent watched much pride in the past but...

gary goodridge / don frye was one of the worst knock outs ive ever seen. jeeeeesus.

frye and takayama was the only pride fight i had ever seen before, and was actually the fight that got me to take notice of mma in the first pace.

regarding mir / lesnar, im expecting brock to knock him out before they reach the third. your right tho, the longer mir can go, the better chance he has at catcihng lesnar in a mistake.