The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

dont know anything about fedor so I looked him up, 6 feet tall and around 220 pounds :facepalm: brock is 6'3 and 275 pounds. Hope they can find someone the same size as him.

He beat:

Zuluzinho - 6'7, 390lb

Mark Hunt - 5'10, 284lb

Hong Man Choi - 7'2, 330lb

Semmy Schilt - 6'11, 286lb

Kerry Schall - 265lb

Size means nothing to fedor

Guest Sweet Tooth
dont know anything about fedor so I looked him up, 6 feet tall and around 220 pounds :facepalm: brock is 6'3 and 275 pounds. Hope they can find someone the same size as him.

He beat:

Zuluzinho - 6'7, 390lb

Mark Hunt - 5'10, 284lb

Hong Man Choi - 7'2, 330lb

Semmy Schilt - 6'11, 286lb

Kerry Schall - 265lb

Size means nothing to fedor

I would shit myself for a Fedor/Lesnar fight...I think Lesnar would put up a fight but Fedor will put it to an end late in the second via submission, probably an armbar.

A Fedor/Lesnar 2 would be more excited if Brock keeps the same attitude, he really is a sore loser.

Lashley wont come to the UFC until he feels he's ready. He's stated this on more than 1 occasion. He wants to be considered one of the best heavyweights before he comes to the UFC. He's off to an ok start, he's 4-0 so far.

These people saying Brock got his title shot too early must be forgetting that Randy Couture won his first UFC heavyweight title in his 4th fight ever.....

Lashley wont come to the UFC until he feels he's ready. He's stated this on more than 1 occasion. He wants to be considered one of the best heavyweights before he comes to the UFC. He's off to an ok start, he's 4-0 so far.

These people saying Brock got his title shot too early must be forgetting that Randy Couture won his first UFC heavyweight title in his 4th fight ever.....

Randy couture got a title shot after winning the heavyweight tournament at UFC 13 and getting a TKO over Vitor Belfort at UFC 15.

Brock Lesner got a title shot after beating Min-Soo Kim, a south korean nobody that had 2 wins 5 losses at the time, losing to frank mir, then beating heath herring.

Theres a bit of a difference between the two situations.

Randy Couture and Brock Lesnar shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath, Brock can beat whoever including an ageing Randy but he will never be in the same league, in fairness nobody will.

While im at it, comparing the UFC and WWE is pointless, they are two very different things with very different goals.

Imagine if Bruce Lee was still alive and he was in the ufc. That would be something to see.....

Imagine if Hulk Hogan's entertainment abilities somehow translated into actual talent, and he was able to compete in the UFC. :ph34r:

maybe if he did enoguh of his lame posing pre fight his opponent would just submit out of embarrasment.

Imagine if Bruce Lee was still alive and he was in the ufc. That would be something to see.....

Imagine if Hulk Hogan's entertainment abilities somehow translated into actual talent, and he was able to compete in the UFC. :ph34r:

maybe if he did enoguh of his lame posing pre fight his opponent would just submit out of embarrasment.

Imagine if ANDRE THE GIANT's alcohol consumptions translated into a martial arts ability applicable to the UFC! Fuck dude. We could play this game all day.

Imagine if ANDRE THE GIANT's alcohol consumptions translated into a martial arts ability applicable to the UFC! Fuck dude. We could play this game all day.

imagine if chris benoits child-

ok im just gonig to stop right there.

Edited by Jackie Moon

imagine if chris benoits child-

ok im just gonig to stop right there.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

I'm disapointed that we havn't seen him do his f'5 finishing move. maybe it's copyrighted to wwe or something.

Because it'd be retarded. Remember the advert with the shark?

63wdnkh.gif

Wasn't that for Summerslam or something?

Plus, do you really think a guy would let themselves get picked up and spun around and dropped? To get him like that, you've probably KO'd him or about to - it'd be pointless.

from wikipedia:
Carwin wears 5XL gloves, bigger than Lesnar's 4XL's.

I've read that that's actually false, and that it's more like 3XL to Lesnar's 2 - but they hyped it. I can't remember where though, and I don't have a source - I may have a look for one tomorrow though.

Carwin/Velasquez is the way forward.

I still reiterate that Fedor isn't necessarily the answer, he wasn't doing brilliantly against Choi until he got the armbar, and Arlovski did have him on the ropes until he hit him with a bomb. Would be a fantastic fight.

The UFC announced Tuesday that they will be heading back to Texas for the first time in over two years for UFC 103 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas on Sept. 19.

Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin is expected to headline the show, but his participation has yet to be confirmed for the show, which needs a main event.

Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic is also reported to be on the tilt in a heavyweight bout against Brazilian slugger Junior dos Santos.

Fights confirmed for the card include Mike Swick-Martin Kampmann, Josh Koscheck-Frank Trigg, Tyson Griffin-Hermes Franca and Cole Miller-Efrain Escudero. Sherdog.com has also confirmed with sources close to American Top Team that Gleison Tibau will be taking on Sean Sherk at UFC 103.

“Cro Cop” will be making his return to the Octagon, according to multiple reports. Filipovic (25-6-2) is coming off a knockout win over Mustapha al Turk in June. After flirting with returning to Japan, Filipovic has decided to return to the UFC, where he has had mixed results.

Dos Santos (8-1) will be looking to make “Cro Cop” his third victim in three tries since joining UFC. Impressive wins over Fabricio Werdum and Stefan Struve have fast-tracked the young fighter in the improving UFC heavyweight division.

The Swick-Kampmann affair will likely be a No. 1 contender’s match for a shot at Georges St. Pierre’s welterweight title. Joe Rogan passed along a comment from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva during Saturday’s UFC 100 broadcast that the winner would be next in line for the belt.

Swick (14-2) has piled up four consecutive wins since moving down to 170 pounds, dispatching Josh Burkman, Marcus Davis, Jonathan Goulet and, most recently, Ben Saunders.

Kampmann (15-2) has also had success since dropping down from middleweight, rattling off two wins, most notably beating former WEC welterweight champion Carlos Condit by split decision in April.

Koscheck (12-4) will look to get back on the winning track after suffering a shocking knockout loss to UFC newcomer Paulo Thiago. Koscheck had looked like he might be on his way to a return engagement with St. Pierre before being derailed by losing two of his last three fights.

Trigg will return to the UFC for the first time in over four years. The two-time welterweight title contender has done well outside of the Octagon, running up a record of 7-2 fighting between 170 and 185 pounds. Trigg (19-6) has won just two of his five UFC bouts, though.

I'm excited about Cro Cop vs. Dos Santos!

from wikipedia:

I've read that that's actually false, and that it's more like 3XL to Lesnar's 2 - but they hyped it. I can't remember where though, and I don't have a source - I may have a look for one tomorrow though.

I still reiterate that Fedor isn't necessarily the answer, he wasn't doing brilliantly against Choi until he got the armbar, and Arlovski did have him on the ropes until he hit him with a bomb. Would be a fantastic fight.

the 5>4 aspect might be false, but carwins hands are defintally bigger. joe rogan said it following his knock out of gonzaga. and if you cant trust joe rogan, who can you trust?

im a firm believer in carwin. he will engineer a victory.

Rumours are starting to circulate about the return of Tito Ortiz... apparantely he's made amends with Dana:

UFC is not out of the picture…. There’s a possibility — I don’t know. I had a conversation with Dana last week, me and him spoke … we were really, really good friends at a point, best friends at a point, and everything got mucked up because of the fight game…. I wanted to be a man and squash things between me and him and wish him luck in his journeys and he did the same to me. So we kind of amended and squashed things, which is great. Dana showed the kind of person he is by apologizing to me and vice versa…. I’m very thankful for Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta from the UFC and I’m glad that me and Dana (White) kind of got to brush each other off. We may not still like each other or whatever but we came to amends — which is awesome. I gotta thank Strikeforce for giving me an opportunity and I want to thank Affliction for giving me an opportunity.

Would be brilliant if they brought him back in to headline 103 against Franklin.

Rumours are starting to circulate about the return of Tito Ortiz... apparantely he's made amends with Dana:
UFC is not out of the picture…. There’s a possibility — I don’t know. I had a conversation with Dana last week, me and him spoke … we were really, really good friends at a point, best friends at a point, and everything got mucked up because of the fight game…. I wanted to be a man and squash things between me and him and wish him luck in his journeys and he did the same to me. So we kind of amended and squashed things, which is great. Dana showed the kind of person he is by apologizing to me and vice versa…. I’m very thankful for Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta from the UFC and I’m glad that me and Dana (White) kind of got to brush each other off. We may not still like each other or whatever but we came to amends — which is awesome. I gotta thank Strikeforce for giving me an opportunity and I want to thank Affliction for giving me an opportunity.

Would be brilliant if they brought him back in to headline 103 against Franklin.

Seriously i would shit my pants, i know lots of people hate the guy but he is a top drawer fighter and just what is needed right now.

from wikipedia:

the 5>4 aspect might be false, but carwins hands are defintally bigger. joe rogan said it following his knock out of gonzaga. and if you cant trust joe rogan, who can you trust?

I wasn't disagreeing, he has massive hands!

Velasquez will be such a tough test for him though -lets wait and see!

If Ortiz came back, I will shit my own pants as well as GOAB's :rofl-lol:

from wikipedia:

I wasn't disagreeing, he has massive hands!

Velasquez will be such a tough test for him though -lets wait and see!

If Ortiz came back, I will shit my own pants as well as GOAB's :rofl-lol:

Hey shit you're own pants :rofl-lol: