The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

A interview from a 49er's backup QB:

Best training camp brawl?

It was when I was with the Kansas City Chiefs and we scrimmaged the Minnesota Vikings in August of ’04. Shaun Hill was there, he caused all of the trouble... just kidding. It was actually started by Brock Lesnar, the mixed martial arts fighter! He hyperextended my elbow and when he wasn’t supposed to hit the other team’s quarterback. Next thing I knew, both teams break out into a big fight. We had to actually cancel practice. I think the next day, we left early. After that we didn’t scrimmage anymore – ’04 was just crazy. You talk about brawls… It was a melee!

UFC is becoming more and more fake. LMFAO @ Brock Lesnar breaking a door.

:rofl-lol: @ UFC being fake. Yeah, there are a couple of guys that can be a bit "over the top" at times, but the UFC being fixed or fake, I don't think so.

What's the deal with Brock breaking a door?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/lesnar-ca...e-ufc-106-19217

Lesnar vs. Carwin!!

With Ben Rothwell to replace Carwin in the bout against Velasquez:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/rothwell-...velasquez-19220

Mark Coleman has reached a deal to face Tito Ortiz in Las Vegas on Nov. 21. - UFC 106. Again from Sherdog.

Edited by The Sandman

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/lesnar-ca...e-ufc-106-19217

Lesnar vs. Carwin!!

With Ben Rothwell to replace Carwin in the bout against Velasquez:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/rothwell-...velasquez-19220

Mark Coleman has reached a deal to face Tito Ortiz in Las Vegas on Nov. 21. - UFC 106. Again from Sherdog.

Sweet! I wonder what minor surgery Brock had? This should be a good fight, can't wait to see it! I hope Brock wins again.

I think Tito will bash the hell out of Coleman.

I'm a Lesnar mark and I hope he has a long reign. Carwin is a pretty good match up size-wise. I understand his gloves are actually a size bigger than Brock's 5XL customs, which is pretty freakish. Let's not forget, though, that Heath Herring, who had an inch on Lesnar, was completely manhandled by him for three rounds. Brock has much more than just size going for him.

Strikeforce announces Fedor Emelianenko to fight Brett Rogers

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Sacramento...ht-Brett-Rogers

That'll be a good bout.

Who's excited about UFC 102? It's a strong card. Predictions?

I'm very keen for Vera/Soszynski. I think Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer from the prelims will be a FANTASTIC bout.

I want to see Leben destroy Rosholt. I'd like to Jardine top Silva. Couture to top Nog. Marquardt/Maia will be a great bout as well, that's hard to call.

Catone/Munoz will be a nice prelim bout as well, I think Hague will walk it over Duffee as well (I hope...)

This has got a damn good prelim card!

Also, I was reading the MMA Unlimited Magazine (probs only available in the UK?) - where it ranked Mustopha Al-Turk as our second best British heavyweight :lol: Oh dear...

Marquardt/Maia will be a great bout as well, that's hard to call.

:rofl-lol:

Gotta say that was the knockout of the night, made me laugh instantly. Nate the great baby!!!!!!!!!!

All my predictions were right except for Leben, disappointed with that one.

Overall good card and good matches, I felt it was a good UFC event.

Edited by Forsaken

Gotta say that was the knockout of the night, made me laugh instantly. Nate the great baby!!!!!!!!!!

i liked this event, i thoguht the crowd was lame, some of the booing seemed questionable. the leben choke out was vicious.

i wanna see a mir/nogeuira rematch, i think nogeuira will rock him and then if carwin cant stop lesner, give nogeuira a shot.

i liked this event, i thoguht the crowd was lame, some of the booing seemed questionable.

It was a low crowd. Dana said he'd be happy if he sold 10,000 seats - mostly because the rate of unemployment there is something mad like 12%. Apparently it was a little over 16k attending. To be honest, I thought they got behind the "hometown" boys really well, admittedly, with some random boos!

Duffee was vicious, poor Hague! New record!

I thought it was a fantastic card to be quite honest!

the leben choke out was vicious.

yeah, it was almost like he didn't wanna tap out in front of his home town and just passed out. although... it did kinda look like he was tapping at the end but wasn't called.