The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

I wanted to see Machida get the win, but he clearly did not win that fight. I was shocked that he got the unanimous decision! A friend of mine who was watching it with me is now convinced that UFC is becoming rigged. I hope not, but after seeing that BS last night, I can see how someone might think it is.

I wanted to see Machida get the win, but he clearly did not win that fight. I was shocked that he got the unanimous decision! A friend of mine who was watching it with me is now convinced that UFC is becoming rigged. I hope not, but after seeing that BS last night, I can see how someone might think it is.

lol I can just see Dana White, "We need Lyoto to win this fight. He's one of our most marketable employees and is bringing in tons of money for us that we NEED him to win by any means necessary...."

No offence to your friend but rigging the fight in favour of Machida would make zero sense.

The worst thing about it all is this will probably mean a rematch... in fairness shogun deserves it but it's really not something I want to see again. Awful, awful fight.

lol I can just see Dana White, "We need Lyoto to win this fight. He's one of our most marketable employees and is bringing in tons of money for us that we NEED him to win by any means necessary...."

No offence to your friend but rigging the fight in favour of Machida would make zero sense.

Gotta agree with you mate - I've not seen the bout, but I did say I wasn't excited over it - and to have another? Eurgh. I'd only like to see someone get it off Machida. He does nothing for me.

Plus, he drinks his own wee - so... :P

I have said for ages Machida is over rated and now people might just see it.

Anybody been watching TUF, i never liked Rashad but the show has given me a new found respect for him, far better coach than Rampage but damn Rampage is a funny guy.Some of Rashad's guys have got really big chips on their shoulders.Im liking Kimbo, not at all like he has been portrayed in the media.

UFC champion Brock Lesnar's scheduled title defense against undefeated heavyweight contender Shane Carwin has been canceled. The fight had been scheduled for UFC 106 on November 21st but Lesnar has been battling an ongoing (undisclosed) illness.

UFC President Dana White told Yahoo! Sports, "He said he’s never been this sick in his life. He said it’s been going on for a long time and he just hasn’t been able to shake it."

White was quick to shoot down a rumor that Lesnar has contracted swine flu, but didn't go into detail on what the illness is.

Shane Carwin posted a message on his Twitter account this afternoon that the fight will now take place at UFC 108 on January 2, 2010.

They need to try to put together a new co- main event,imo. I just dont see the Forrest/Tito rematch being a very huge draw, especially since Forrest has been on a losing streak as of late & his last performance was horrible. They probably wont have enough time to get something new together though.

once you saw Kimbo fight though, you kinda realized he was only brought in for the hype aspect of it.

Agreed, his skills as a fighter are limited to brawling and really stalking other fighters, the problem is MMA fighters have skills and don't really fear him like Joe blow off the streets does.He has however helped himself in showing he wants to be more and he does want to learn, shame its coming ten years too late for him.

Forrest V Tito isn't enough to hold a card, Forrest short of confidence and wins and Tito ring rusty.It will be hard finding top quality fighters to take a fight on short notice with almost all of the good fighters training for future fights.

• 3 weeks later...

guys hear about brock? he is out for january, out longer, hard to say when he will be back. apparently he is in the hospital.

dana said they might have to do an interm champ.

i want him to get well so carwin can murder him.

Yeah he has a bacterial infection in his intestines so he'll be out for a while. Hope they don't do another interim championship.

UFC 106 will have a couple of decent fights, but nothing that will make you pay $50 for PPV.

I think Tito v Forrest will be a good fight, but it's not a card carrier. Koschek v Rumble Johnson should be a good fight too. I just saw Phil Baroni is fighting Amir Sadollah... Really? Glass Jaw Baroni is back in the UFC??

Speaking of injuries; the Cain Valasquez v. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira fight is off. Big Nog has a staph infection.

guys hear about brock? he is out for january, out longer, hard to say when he will be back. apparently he is in the hospital.

Yeah he has a bacterial infection in his intestines so he'll be out for a while. Hope they don't do another interim championship.

listening to talk radio today; they had a guy on that who claimed that lesnar had aids.

listening to talk radio today; they had a guy on that who claimed that lesnar had aids.

Dana White came out and denied the rumor Lesnar had AIDS or cancer

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be stunned if Mir didn't have Kongo submitting by the second round.

I'm pumped for BJ vs Diego. Hope Diego can pull off the upset, but I doubt he will.

Florian v. Guida is going to be fight of the night, IMO. Guida is hard as nails, but he's going to be eating punches and elbows all night.