The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Well, everything that I thought would happen last nite, did. Cro Cop should really consider dropping to 205, imo.

I hope Dana has Belfort fight Henderson next, with the winner getting a shot at Anderson Silva. I think Belfort would take Henderson, and I think Anderson will have a hard time making Belfort look like an amateur (like he so easily does to every opponent he demolishes).

WTF was up with Hermes Franca last nite? 4 pounds overweight, & just looked like absolute shit in that fight,imo.

20090614103318_IMG_1839Edit.JPG

Not sure if you've seen that, but I only just found out that Sylvia weighed in at over 300lbs against Mercer (where he lost in 9 seconds).

Horrendous, I hope he sorts himself out.

Goes along with the theory that he isn't a fighters fighter and why so many other fighters dislike him.Personally i have never liked him.

I hear the Kampmann stoppage was VERY premature?

It could have gone either way, Kampmann was still standing but looked out on his feet.

he was done like dinner.

cro cop bit off more than he could chew.

loved that ufc, a bit of everything. the prelims were great and look at tyson griffin finish!!!

Edited by Jackie Moon

Good website for MMA

Links to some very good daily MMA stuff for those interested

Cheers for that man, the ads are annoying though haha.

I use MMA Junkie/Sherdog usually, and here's one for ya:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16244/tito-ortiz...ng-anywhere.mma

Trigg looks to be on the way out:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16262/with-ufc-p...t-is-likely.mma

Returning Paul Buentello to get heavyweight Todd Duffee at UFC 107 in December:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16250/returning-...in-december.mma

The adds do suck but you get stories that you would normally miss, fairly good site for all topics including football and tech.

I struggle to see what Buentello would really offer the UFC that they don't already have, as for Cro Cop, i like the guy and at one point he was incredibly gifted and dangerous but like Arlovski he has become no more than a damp squib compared to the likes of Lesnar, Cain Velásquez. Gabriel Gonzaga signalled the end for him.

Sylvia is a hasbin, more like a neverwas.Sorry to sound disrespectful but he isn't the same league as the top fighters

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Aye, I don't deny he's on the perennial decline, it's just a shame given someone of his physical stature and previous potential. Mind you, before Mercer, he only lost to the best. I hope he picks himself up and actually gets himself going, a good run could put him back in the UFC if he's lucky...

Rizzo beat Monson the other day, gutted :(

Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!

Rampage is my fav fighter. I'm pretty confident he'll come back eventually, just like Randy & Tito. I don't blame him for not putting up with Dana's shit tho...

Dana on Rampage:

Shortly after Rampage Jackson wrote on his web site that he was retiring from mixed martial arts to pursue a career in acting, UFC President Dana White said he was disappointed in Jackson for "acting like a baby" -- but he added that he understands Jackson can do whatever he wants with his life.

"Rampage is a grown man," White told Carmichael Dave on the radio station KHTK. "He's acting like a baby right now, but he's a grown man. If he wants to be in the movie business, Rampage, good luck to you, man. I hope he makes it big, and I'm not being sarcastic. ... I hope the movie thing works out for him. If that's what he truly wants to do, and that's what he feels and that's what he thinks his career is, I wish him all the luck in the world."

White said he didn't get any advance warning from Jackson about the surprise retirement announcement and that he still likes Jackson personally, but that if Jackson wants to leave the UFC, White can't stop him.

"I just found out, too," White said. "Rampage has been a friend of ours. We really like Rampage. I'm not going to get into the battle of who's done what for who and all that stuff. We've done a lot for him and yes, he's been there and fought. The guys who come in here, they're fighters. That's what they do. We give them fights and they fight. And they make money and we make money. That's the way it works."

White also said he understands that Jackson was upset with him for belittling his decision to turn down a fight with Rashad Evans and instead join the cast of the upcoming A-Team movie -- but White doesn't regret speaking candidly about his thoughts on Jackson's career decision.

"I got so pissed off," White said. "I'm speaking my mind, he thinks I'm trying to ruin his movie career."

White disputed Jackson's claims that he was pressured into fighting Evans instead of UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, but other than that he didn't take issue with anything Jackson has said. As far as White is concerned, it's Jackson's decision to make.

"He's a grown man," White said. "He can do whatever he wants to do."

He had a tiny part in Miss March. He was also a driver on an episode of King Of Queens. There's a movie called Death Warrior that has him, Jardine, Rashad, GSP, and a few others. There's a movie called Duel Of Legends that he's in- it's not out yet. He's in a movie called Bad Guys, he's been on the show Free Radio. Yeah, Rampage actually has quite a bit of acting experience, mostly smaller parts. That being said, I don't see him becoming a $10-$20 million per movie actor, but then again I thought THe Rock would be back in WWE within 2 years of going Hollywood, so who knows.

I still think he'll end up back in the UFC sooner or later.

they cant fight forever.

i just wish we had seen the rampage/rashad fight. its defintally a downer for the rest of the ultimate fighter season 10...

good move by cro cop, you could tell he wanted nothing of dos sanos. he had no motivation. i thouht he broke his orbital bone or something at first the way he quit, but apparently he didnt get hurt, he just said "enough", literally and figuratively. still one tough sob. great career.

i suspect rampage will be back. he seems to be an emotional guy.

mirko is done, rampage, not so much.

Edited by Jackie Moon