The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Fedor's manager is fucking nuts. Until Fedor gets a better manager we probably won't see him in the UFC.

True but im beginning to wonder if he even wants the test, im not calling him a pussy by any means but how much more incentives can a guy get to test himself against the best?.He will probably never fight in the UFC

i hear ya man. IMO, if Fedor REALLY wanted the test, and had any real interest in fighting in the UFC he would've told his managers to cut the BS and get a deal done or they're fired. Did they really think Dana was just going to hand over half his business for the "privilege" of promoting Fedor's fights?! They must be smokin' something.

Hopefully other organizations won't give in to those kinds of demands. Maybe after a year of not being able to get a fight anywhere they'll change their tune.

Who the fuck is he gonna fight in Strikeforce? Maybe Dana's right in that Fedor's camp only want fights they're pretty damn sure Fedor will win.

Yeah, Strikeforce will probably end up going under now. I can't believe they would give in to the "co- promotion". I bet they'll lose their asses!

Who the fuck is he gonna fight in Strikeforce?

Alistair Overeem has been their heavyweight champ since 2007 and has yet to defend the belt. Think they have Brett Rogers and Fabricio Werdum as well... complete nobodys.

Dana's none too pleased:

“They have no money, no fighters. They’re a small-town show. Cung Le hasn’t defended the title since like 1997. Josh Thomson hasn’t defended the belt in like two years. Who’s their other champion? Alistair Overeem? He hasn’t defended the belt in like two years. It’s Strike-Farce. It’s a little regional show with no one in it…. [Fedor Emelianenko will] put them out of business. They have no money and no distribution. You know how many people watch their fights? Their last fight [on Showtime cable], 245,000 people watched that fight. That’s nothing…. I offered him a great deal. I guarantee you the Strikeforce deal wasn’t in the same universe with ours. it wasn’t close. They probably didn’t even pay him as much as Affliction was.”

"StrikeFarce" :lol:

Looks like Anderson is going to vacate the middleweight title & attempt to run through the light heavyweight division now :

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-s...o&type=lgns

There are other sites reporting the same thing.

I felt really bad for Forrest. Siva made him look like such an amateur. I guess the term "Run Forrest Run" applied last nite!

While i didn't expect anything other than an Anderson win i certainly didn't expect Forrest to bottle it in such spectacular fashion.It was pathetic, he looked like he quit before the fight even started.

I like the idea of Anderson moving to LH permanently, it could give the division a real new lease of life as well as making fights in the middle weight division better because fighters would feel a title shot is worth having.