The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Paul Daley's a complete idiot. He'll never fight in the UFC again.

Good to see shogun the new champ! Deserved it.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19061/dana-white-following-cheap-shot-ufc-113s-paul-daley-wont-fight-in-the-ufc-again.mma

Aye - don't blame him, stupid thing to do.

Oh, and:

Dana White slices "Kimbo" from roster following UFC 113 loss to Matt Mitrione

Edited by The Sandman

Cote got owned by Belcher, power bomb/choke.

Called out Silva, that's a mistake.

I started laughing when Belcher called out Anderson. Careful what you ask for.

Mitrione destroyed Kimbo.

Koscheck taunting the Montreal crowd was so funny! He's really going after the heel role. I had WWE flashes for a second. lol

Great job by Shogun. I really thought Machida was going to win.

Daley could've at least thrown a knockout swing, that was a little bitch punch. Anyways I enjoyed the card...Kimbo got destroyed and kind felt sorry for him though. BUT Shogun finally got justice and hammered Machida, enjoyed that a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Great bout, Pudza showed some good stuff!

As they said for his third fight Pudza showed good stuff especially against the veteran.

Wtf!? :lol:

Was I watching the same fight? Pudza was fucking awful. He tapped to strikes for christs sake.

You simply cannot expect to compete in the sport if you're gassing after a single round with a grotesquely overweight Tim Sylvia. The commentators were trying there best to bum him up but it was ridiculous.. Shifting you're legs slightly higher up the guard can not be considered a submission attempt.

Spoiler tagged for anyone that hasn't seen the fight.

Sylvia needs a diet plan

Correct, and quite seriously

Interestingly, has a fight booked and purportedly another on the way within the next two months... might help him physically. If he gets back into shape, I think he can look to be a decent contender again - perhaps not top UFC standard mind.

Great bout, Pudza showed some good stuff!

As they said for his third fight Pudza showed good stuff especially against the veteran.

Wtf!? :lol:

Was I watching the same fight? Pudza was fucking awful. He tapped to strikes for christs sake.

You simply cannot expect to compete in the sport if you're gassing after a single round with a grotesquely overweight Tim Sylvia. The commentators were trying there best to bum him up but it was ridiculous.. Shifting you're legs slightly higher up the guard can not be considered a submission attempt.

Spoiler tagged for anyone that hasn't seen the fight.

Personally, I disagree as stated. I'm not stating he's some sort of uber competitor who had a hard fought loss, for someone who's fought twice, it looked as if he was trying to offer more. It certainly looked to me at first sight as an armbar attempt, but shrug - I suppose it is what you make of it. I mean, it wasn't just moving them up the guard or trying to pull rubber guard y'know? He deffo needs to loss mass if he wants to be a decent fighter, and learn cardio.

If you heard the post-fight interview, Pudza said he tapped because he had nothing left in the gas tank even if he got out of it, so chose to submit rather than take needless punishment. Smart, suprisingly.

* Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson - TKO 1st/2nd

* Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller - TKO 1st/2nd

* Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow - KO 1st (optimistic), I think this could be very tight as Russow has more experience.

* Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - Decision - or Nog submits him

* John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez - Decision, or late sub.

* Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah TKO Second

* Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon Decision

* Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe - 1st round sub

* Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate - KO 1st

* Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley - RIley takes it to the ground and submits him

* Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen - Split decision, maybe to Jensen?