The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

A part of me hopes Chael Sonnen shocks the world and beats Anderson Silva, but I won't hold my breath for it. Another part of me wants to see Anderson win, so Vitor Belfort gets the chance to whoop his ass. I really think Vitor can & will beat Silva if/when they finally collide. I just want SOMEONE to beat that cocky S.O.B's ass!!

A part of me hopes Chael Sonnen shocks the world and beats Anderson Silva, but I won't hold my breath for it. Another part of me wants to see Anderson win, so Vitor Belfort gets the chance to whoop his ass. I really think Vitor can & will beat Silva if/when they finally collide. I just want SOMEONE to beat that cocky S.O.B's ass!!

I never minded the cockiness, lets face it MMA is full of cocky dicks but when he does things like his last fight it makes me want somebody to slap him and make him realise that is not what the sport is, he wants that then take up acting.

Will Sonnen beat him?, no i doubt he will but he will test him more than anyone has simply because he hates everything Anderson stands for.Anderson should be careful, his legacy is starting to look like a joke when only 18 months ago he was a legend nobody had a chance of beating.

Yes it is a show but its an MMA show, do the theatre shit in Q&A sessions or at the weigh in, do not make the sport so many fans love and want to see respected and legitimate a joke, the idea of giving the haters more fuel makes me sick.They already have no clue about the commitment or technical side of MMA without likening it to professional wrestling

I like Sonnen - but equally, he's only just really risen to any prominence. I hope he wins to be fair, or at least puts a good bout on.

Therefore, my favourite Joe Rogan quote re: Chael Sonnen:

"There's 10 seconds left - only way Chael Sonnen is going to lose the fight is if he has a stroke" - Joe Rogan

Beautiful Joe.

Sometimes i like Joe and some times i wanna slap the shit out of him

anyone in toronto want to watch the fights Saturday? ill be in town. you can be reasonably assured you wont be sexually assaulted.

See now if you had said " you can be reasonably assured you will be sexually assaulted " i might have showed <_<

I never minded the cockiness, lets face it MMA is full of cocky dicks but when he does things like his last fight it makes me want somebody to slap him and make him realise that is not what the sport is, he wants that then take up acting.

Yeah, it's the shit he's pulled in a few of his fights recently. Leaves his mark in the first round or two, then refuses to engage, just dances around showboating, making a complete ass out of himself. Then he acted like it was no big deal, just was real smug. That's why I can't stand the fucker any more.

I love Brock Lesnar, and he's just about as cocky as it comes, but he backs his shit up and finishes his fights. Ya don't see him clowning for 4 rounds.

I think Andersons going to come out and prove a point and just beat the bloody hell out of Sonnen. Which is something I would be very happy to see. Sonnen's trash-talk has become increasingly more ridiculous as the fight draws nearer. Take his latest rant for instance - "Lance Armstrong gave himself cancer"

"When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You got the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

I think Andersons going to come out and prove a point and just beat the bloody hell out of Sonnen. Which is something I would be very happy to see. Sonnen's trash-talk has become increasingly more ridiculous as the fight draws nearer. Take his latest rant for instance - "Lance Armstrong gave himself cancer"

"When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You got the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

Interesting and insightful thoughts ain't they?! :rofl-lol:

Maybe when Sonnen is considered the sporting legend that Armstrong is he can give his opinion

Maybe when Sonnen is considered the sporting legend that Armstrong is he can give his opinion

He hasn't finished a fight in three years - I do not expect that to happen any time soon either.

He hasn't finished a fight in three years - I do not expect that to happen any time soon either.

I agree, he will force Anderson to fight though and maybe just maybe we can all get the real Anderson back

I agree, he will force Anderson to fight though and maybe just maybe we can all get the real Anderson back

I think either way - we win

At worst - Sonnen spurs Anderson to cut the crap by winning. At best, Sonnen has his trash talking mouth re-arranged during a tough fight and Anderson realises he has to do this more often.

I hope we see fireworks, but I won't be counting on it.

I think either way - we win

At worst - Sonnen spurs Anderson to cut the crap by winning. At best, Sonnen has his trash talking mouth re-arranged during a tough fight and Anderson realises he has to do this more often.

I hope we see fireworks, but I won't be counting on it.

Silva's last opponent did not want to engage. The champ needs someone to come at him.

If Heavyweight Junior Dos Santos wins against Roy Nelson, he will be at 12-1 MMA and 6-0 UFC. Do you think Lesnar would retire should he get his second UFC loss?

"Dos Santos is to face Roy Nelson on August 7, 2010 at UFC 117.[6] The bout with Nelson will determine the next contender for UFC heavyweight championship title."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_dos_Santos

Mind you, despite being ranked highly in BJJ (brown belt?), Dos Santos will probably give something up on the ground (surprisingly!) to Nelson. That seems to be the weakest facet of his game and perhaps Nelson's strongest, with his wrestling and BJJ. If he can get him down and keep him down - I think Nelson has a decent chance.

Standing? Unless Nelson has had an iron jaw installed - I can only see it going one way. Dos Santos' stand-up in comparison often appears light year ahead to that of Nelson.

And cardio/endurance/gas tanks - I think that's obvious.

I look for Dos Santos to win & then be destroyed by Lesnar (after Lesnar gets by Cain Velasquez). It'd be funny to watch Lesnar destroy Roy Nelson, but I don't see Nelson getting past Dos Santos.

In response to a question someone asked: I don't think Brock will be retiring any time soon, even if/when he loses for the 2nd time.

Anyone else see the video of Roger Heurta beating the shit of some fuck on the street that punched a girl? Think its on TMZ or one of those sites. Glorious street justice. Hope the UFC signs him back at some stage. Always loved watching him fight.

Also: Great picture of the press conference staredown:

silva_sonnen.jpg

Anyone else see the video of Roger Heurta beating the shit of some fuck on the street that punched a girl? Think its on TMZ or one of those sites. Glorious street justice. Hope the UFC signs him back at some stage. Always loved watching him fight.

Also: Great picture of the press conference staredown:

silva_sonnen.jpg

Silva returned the favour at the weigh-in :lol: