The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Cro Cop via head kick tomm night PLEASE.... i've been waiting to see him do this since he's joined the UFC. Mir has a weak chin too, I think it's possible. Although I believe Mir will work the clinch as much as possible and try to take this fight to the ground. But if he stands with Cro Cop... oh lawwwwd. I really hope this fight ends in KO.

The card looks pretty decent despite no title fights.

And agreeing with GOAB, I used to think Machida was a force to be reckoned with, but yeah, he's definitely overrated to fuck. There's no way Machida is going to KO Rampage, it just won't happen, he doesn't have the power and relies and too many counters. Rampage can take shots. I want this fight to end in 1st round KO as well, Rampage is my favorite fighter and it really stung seeing him go down the way he did against Rashad. You could tell ring rust was a huge factor.

Edited by Forsaken

For anybody interested Alex Reid is going to get his ass handed to him tonight by Tom Kong Watson, not sure how many state side would care or even know about Alex Reid but most fight fans in the UK can't wait for him to get fucking smashed. :xmasssanta:

Watson trains in Canada and at one time was with Greg Jackson but now trains with tristar, Reid trains fucking an ugly glamour model and being on celebrity big brother while claiming to be training for a " UFC fight " even though i have more chance of entering the hallowed ground :rofl-lol:

There is bound to be a stream somewhere, starts in about an hour

Tat2d1, id have to agree, as much as i hate Mir and i fucking do i think he will win

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

I haven't changed my opinion on Reid or the fucking circus he is involved in but as a fighter he won me over, he took some shots that would have floored others, funny what you can do when you need to prove your still a fighter :rofl-lol: , Watson was risking it by not knocking him out after the knee and going for the take down, he was primed for a one punch ending

Rematch but i would seriously rather it wasn't on Bravo or with BAMMA

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Rematch but i would seriously rather it wasn't on Bravo or with BAMMA

Yeah... I dunno if it was Reid or Bravo/BAMMA that decided the theatrical entrance was necessary but it was fucking ridiculous. It became really irritating when the commentators began hyping the rematch before the fight had even finished. The rest of the time they were hyping the upcoming fight with "international superstar" Bob Sapp. :lol:

The UFC card was awful. One of the worst i've seen in a while.

For anybody interested Alex Reid is going to get his ass handed to him tonight by Tom Kong Watson, not sure how many state side would care or even know about Alex Reid but most fight fans in the UK can't wait for him to get fucking smashed. :xmasssanta:

Reid tried out for TUF USA v UK series and didn't even get to the prelims. He is fail.

Wow, what a terrible PPV. Really, it was god awful to watch. The main event sucked. As much as I hate to say it, Cro Cop is done, he needs to hang em up.

the PPV in general wasn't that bad. But ya, the main event was awful

The best fight of the night for me was Evan Dunham and Sherk.... other than that, the matches were mediocre at best, and the crowd felt the same way.

Wow, what a terrible PPV. Really, it was god awful to watch. The main event sucked. As much as I hate to say it, Cro Cop is done, he needs to hang em up.

the PPV in general wasn't that bad. But ya, the main event was awful

The best fight of the night for me was Evan Dunham and Sherk.... other than that, the matches were mediocre at best, and the crowd felt the same way.

I dunno, I thought the crowd were a bit harsh.

It was decent, nothing better than that.

A good KO by Mir in what was otherwise a lack-lustre fight.

• 4 weeks later...

If Brock can take Carwin's cinder-blocks for five-minutes, I think he can deal with Velasquez's bombs. Although - he does have the speed and boxing to potentially out-do Brock.

He's giving up 30 pounds though - I think either a Velasquez early surprise, or Brock takes this by the scruff of the neck and buries him.

the newest episode of TUF was fucking sweet.

:thumbsup:

man that first fight! dude was put to sleep inside of a few seconds...

apparently the eurofags get the episodes later in the week so i dont want to ruin it, but dude

that was fucking sick.

i wanted him to win so bad. i liked koscheck coming into this show (admittedly didnt see much of him in the past, didnt see the first season of the show), but as the show has gone on, cody is right, he is an idiot. i can handle the cocky attitude because its pretty much a requisite in MMA, which is why ive liked him in the past, but the way he goes about it on the show, he is an idiot. no way around it. cody was calling him on it too, rightfully so. i love what he said in the seats there last week, something along the lines of "he (gsp) is going to make money off beating you", so true. tellin it like it is. i dont think thats a lack of respect, it was the truth. koscheck wants to run his mouth, he opens himself up to it.

anyways, it was just so fucking fitting. yellow (with fight control, something they rubbed in reds face), put their #1, koschecks guy, up against cody. the whole announcement "you dont have to puff your chest out" thing, and he chokes him out in like 5 seconds, it was frigging perfect.

that guy is the shit. i loved his attitude and approach. i hope he wins it.

Edited by Jackie Moon

the newest episode of TUF was fucking sweet.

:thumbsup:

man that first fight! dude was put to sleep inside of a few seconds...

apparently the eurofags get the episodes later in the week so i dont want to ruin it, but dude

that was fucking sick.

i wanted him to win so bad. i liked koscheck coming into this show (admittedly didnt see much of him in the past, didnt see the first season of the show), but as the show has gone on, cody is right, he is an idiot. i can handle the cocky attitude because its pretty much a requisite in MMA, which is why ive liked him in the past, but the way he goes about it on the show, he is an idiot. no way around it. cody was calling him on it too, rightfully so. i love what he said in the seats there last week, something along the lines of "he (gsp) is going to make money off beating you", so true. tellin it like it is. i dont think thats a lack of respect, it was the truth. koscheck wants to run his mouth, he opens himself up to it.

anyways, it was just so fucking fitting. yellow (with fight control, something they rubbed in reds face), put their #1, koschecks guy, up against cody. the whole announcement "you dont have to puff your chest out" thing, and he chokes him out in like 5 seconds, it was frigging perfect.

that guy is the shit. i loved his attitude and approach. i hope he wins it.

eaurofags? seriously? now you're starting to sound like Koscheck

Eurofags? :rofl-lol:

As much as i like Cain i can only see this being a bad night for him, i hope its quick because if it goes past two rounds he is gonna wake up with the mother of all headaches.Brock looks fucking scary.

Tito wins in the first round with strikes, not just my heart saying that but my head to.