The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Just watched the fight and man Carwin should have destroyed Brock in round 1, I thought the ref might stop it but credit to Brock for being able to stay in the fight.

It must have been so draining for Carwin at the beginning of round 2 to see this swollen deformed face just smiling back at him it was like "That all you got big guy", Shane was seriously gassed at the end of the first, he needed to end it there and as soon as it went to the second I knew Brock would take him.

Leben/Yama was good as fuck. The amount of shots they took on their feet, and continued to stand, was just amazing. Both looked out on their feet at one point.

As for Brock/Carwin, as others said, Carwin was close to ending in the first. It looked bad for Brock, but when the bell rang I knew Brock had it. Carwin was just completely gassed. Good win for Brock.

i think the next fight with brock will be MIR... again :rolleyes:

Wrong. Brock's next fight will be against Cain Velasquez . Cain was in attendance last nite & they mentioned on a few occasions that he's next in line for the title shot. Another undefeated guy for Brock to break ;)

You could tell Carwin blew his load in the 1st round. He was banking on being able to finish Brock within 3 minutes and when that didn't happen, he was fucked. Thank god it wasn't Mazagatti reffing. I really think he would've stopped it when Brock was in trouble in the 1st round. Brock proved he can take some vicious shots. I look forward to Brock's fight against Cain. Cain is a more well rounded fighter than Carwin, with excellent striking, but I'm still gonna bank on Brock ending Cain's undefeated streak. I think he should take Cain down like he did with Carwin.

Agreed - I don't think Cain has what Brock has. I don't really rate Cain that highly...

Repeats are highly edited on espn sandy, they cut all the boring bits and time wasting out and go straight for the blood and guts.

Handy for some but it means you miss some ground stuff they deem boring even when i see its as tactilely important.

I know they usually are mate, but it was only the Leben/Sexy and Brock/Carwin fight - and neither of which was cut! Both were full length.

Delighted for Leben too!

Velasquez is faster on his feet than Brock and his Cardio is excellent. His only problem will be staying on his feet if Brock decides he's getting beat in the standup. Brocks wrestling is much superior so he could probably take the fight to the ground pretty easily.

I could see Velasquez picking him apart and then finishing an exhausted Brock in the later rounds if he works on his takedown defence.

IMO, i think brock needed someone like carwin to knock him on his ass. to show that brock aint the toguhest guy in there.

He did. Once Brock realized he couldn't win with his brute strength he changed his strategy.

Carwin being gassed out helped too.

Edited by bacardimayne

• 4 weeks later...

I watched it. Jon Jones is no joke. It's time to step up the level of competition they're giving him. Takanori Gomi looked more like himself this time around, made quick work of Tyson Griffin. I used to like Tyson Griffin, but the fucker proved he's a very poor sport, when it comes to losing, so, fuck him.

IMO, i think brock needed someone like carwin to knock him on his ass. to show that brock ain't the toughest guy in there. But, as for the cain/brock fight, brock has this.

Uh, Brock did prove that he was the toughest. Getting hit all those times in the first round was the proof. Carwin couldn't even get up off the mat after he tapped in the second round, Brock choked him out.

Going into the fight, Lesnar knew he would be hit and have no way to stop the fists of Carwin except to absorb them. Lesnar ending up on the ground was no surprise, it actually worked out to be an advantage for him. The only way Carwin could have won would have been with a full-force standing hook to Brock's chin for a KO. That didn't happen though. Carwin wore himself out throwing strength draining downward shots that only prevented Lesnar from getting to his feet, they simply were not enough to end the fight.

Edited by SacDogg

I think now that carwin knows what he has to improve, he can become a more dominate fighter. would love to see a rematch! N as for brock, i have to say im glad to see him hold his own. he earned my respect

Right now, Carwin just does not deserve a rematch. A Carwin/Lesnar Part II would have to be earned by Carwin over the course of the next couple of years. He would have to match his previous string of wins that got him to the first title fight.

Brock has absolutely nothing to gain by beating him again. As he has said previously regarding Mir, he already scrambled Frank's eggs.