The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

the thing with Brock is, he's bigger and stronger than just about anybody. Which gave him a huge advantage going into any fight, even this one. And that advantage made him look better than he really was.

But he was always one silly mistake away from getting caught due to the lack of experience.

Most experts picked Cain to win this fight because of his discipline and sheer striking technique. Brock just needs to continue to train and train and train some more. I'm sure he'll have another title shot soon.

Brock is still a BEAST though, but technique and discipline wins over size and strength any day. Cain deserved this win.

Edited by Forsaken

I'm thinking that too.

There's no obvious person for Brock to fight, unless they want to make a payday out of someone more average. I'd like to see Brock/Mir III but I don't think a rubber match at this time would really be worthwhile and not a fight I want to see.

Almost a two tier heavyweight division.

Also, wtf has happened to Gilbert Yvel?!

I'm betting Lesnar's next fight will be the rubber match against Mir. It makes sense. Mir is coming off a big win against Cro Cop, so a win against Brock would put him back into the title mix. It'd also be a way to test Brock and see how he comes back after being completely decimated, against a guy that has beat him before.

Congrats to Cain though, I didn't think he could destroy Brock like that. I knew he was a more well rounded striker, but I thought the sheer strength and power of Lesnar would outdo Cain. Once Brock wasn't able to keep Cain down with the takedown, I knew he was fucked.

Rumors of Brock going back to WWE are just that, RUMORS. I seriously doubt Brock is in a big hurry to be on the road 300 days a year, since he's all about his family these days. That little bit between Undertaker & Brock was just the WWE's way of trying to get some attention, or a desperate attempt to try to persuade Brock to return.

Back to the prelims for Tito...........

Edited by tat2d1

So where do people see Brock going from here?

The Undertaker.

2nkigc9jpg.gif

Serious answer - Can see them giving Brock the winner of Carwin/Nelson or maybe even Matt Mitrione if he can rack up another win.

No way is Matt Mitrione a serious contender for the championship yet.