The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Silva returned the favour at the weigh-in :lol:

Haha just saw that. :lol:

Silva sporting some magnificent facial hair too. Don't expect any dancing from Anderson tonight... have a feeling he's going to put a beating on Sonnen beyond anything we can imagine.

yeah, not quite. haha. silva got lucky tonight. sonnen took it to him thats for sure

Edited by zeppelinrocksnexttognr

Silva returned the favour at the weigh-in :lol:

Haha just saw that. :lol:

Silva sporting some magnificent facial hair too. Don't expect any dancing from Anderson tonight... have a feeling he's going to put a beating on Sonnen beyond anything we can imagine.

yeah, not quite. haha. silva got lucky tonight. sonnen took it to him thats for sure

Haha yeah I was well off with that one. Silva did not 'get lucky' though. Sonnen got sloppy. He was leaving arms in all night and Silva was constantly looking for it. Taking into account he was hurt before coming in to the fight (which I well believe. His takedown defence was non existent) Anderson definitely proved he has the heart of a champion with one of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen. Props to Sonnen too - He did what he said he was going to do and will likely earn himself a rematch in the future.

All in all that was a fantastic card - With the exception of Jon Fitch doing his best to put the crowd to sleep.

An absolutely top card. Props to Silva, but massive props to Sonnen for actually attempt to cash the cheque his mouth wrote. If I didn't like the guy before... I'd be a fan now.

Big Country did well given the circumstances, Struve's comeback was nearly as good as Silva's.

Thoroughly enjoyable all round.

Maybe one day, in a parallel universe, Thiago Alves will make weight!

An absolutely top card. Props to Silva, but massive props to Sonnen for actually attempt to cash the cheque his mouth wrote. If I didn't like the guy before... I'd be a fan now.

Big Country did well given the circumstances, Struve's comeback was nearly as good as Silva's.

Thoroughly enjoyable all round.

Maybe one day, in a parallel universe, Thiago Alves will make weight!

Clay Guida did awesome too...i love that guy

The best PPV of the year by far.

Every fight was good, but man Sonnen is a douche bag. I really thought he had Anderson in that fight but got caught in the 5th... was beautiful. The crazy part is, Sonnen looked more beat up than Anderson, and Anderson took more shots by far. Still the baddest man pound for pound. I'm sure it's a wake up call though, Anderson will train very hard for whoever is next. (I suspect a rematch).

Edited by Forsaken

Anderson will train very hard for whoever is next. (I suspect a rematch).

Anderson cracked his rib in the first round of the Sonnen fight so will be out for 6 months... think Belfort is back before the end of the year so a Sonnen/Belfort number one contender fight would work with the winner fighting Silva around March.

Anderson will train very hard for whoever is next. (I suspect a rematch).

Anderson cracked his rib in the first round of the Sonnen fight so will be out for 6 months... think Belfort is back before the end of the year so a Sonnen/Belfort number one contender fight would work with the winner fighting Silva around March.

Yeah I just heard about that, the post fight interview he said he had a rib injury and his doc said he didn't want him to fight but he did anyways. Guess it was true.

Belfort does seem like the next opponent, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so. Not too fussed about most of the card, but I'll watch regardless.

Marcus Davies/Nate Diaz has the potential to be a cracking fight. Can't see Toney/Couture being a bad fight either and i've a feeling BJ/Edgar will be a very different fight this time round.

The rest of the undercard aint too shabby either... KenFlo/Maynard and Maia/Miranda are another 2 i'm looking forward to seeing. So yeah, could be a great card.

Also - Giving Sonnen an instant rematch is a load of shite in my opinion... Dana's getting far too fond of instant rematches and there was potential for a Sonnen v Belfort first contender fight. He doesn't deserve one either. It wasn't a dodgy decision - he got caught.

Also - Giving Sonnen an instant rematch is a load of shite in my opinion... Dana's getting far too fond of instant rematches and there was potential for a Sonnen v Belfort first contender fight. He doesn't deserve one either. It wasn't a dodgy decision - he got caught.

Yeah, and if Silva works hard on his takedown defense, Sonnen's got nothing...

Oh yeah, tonite Randy Couture will make short work of James Toney. I can't wait to see Randy shut the idiot up.

He may be an idiot but he is also a (well, was) fantastic boxer and he deserves props for getting in there in the first place. Couture wouldn't take Toney on in a Boxing match, that's for sure.