The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Oh yeah, tonite Randy Couture will make short work of James Toney. I can't wait to see Randy shut the idiot up.

He may be an idiot but he is also a (well, was) fantastic boxer and he deserves props for getting in there in the first place. Couture wouldn't take Toney on in a Boxing match, that's for sure.

I guess, maybe, he deserves props for getting in there, BUT he could have atleast come in somewhat prepared, especially after all the shooting off at the mouth that he's done for 8 fucking years. He obviously wasn't taking this fight seriously at all (which was a mistake on his part). And, I'm well aware of the fact that he would most likely knock Randy out in the 1st round of a boxing match, but atleast Randy would come prepared, unlike this clown did. Toney gets to cash a nice check that he didn't even come close to earning, but whatever.... :shrugs: Hopefully Dana is done with this side show carnival fight booking, ya know, the same shit he used to rip on Gary Shaw and EliteXC for doing.

Hopefully Dana is done with this side show carnival fight booking, ya know, the same shit he used to rip on Gary Shaw and EliteXC for doing.

Sounds like he is:

Agreed that the Couture/Toney was very hypocritical of Dana.. to see "MMA debut" under the record of a fighter co-headlining a major PPV is embarrassing.

My ground games alright

:lol:

I enjoyed the card to be fair, decent enough! Seeing Toney lose was brilliant, and good to see Edgar cement it. I'm not a big fan of Penn really, he's a good fighter, but I dunno - I'm not big on him like say GOAB is (or was).

Still, enjoyable!

My ground games alright

I enjoyed the card to be fair, decent enough! Seeing Toney lose was brilliant, and good to see Edgar cement it. I'm not a big fan of Penn really, he's a good fighter, but I dunno - I'm not big on him like say GOAB is (or was).

Still, enjoyable!

On ESPN classic recently they showed the Ultimate Fighter series with Penn and Pulver recently, thought it was a great series that one and really like both Penn and Pulver

Im still big on him Sandy, unfortunately he seems to have lost some of the heart he had, he wasn't even really out classed or out fought, he just didn't seem bothered which is not the BJ i know and love.

Sorry but seeing Toney taken out so easily vindicates my comments on this forum about MMA, i once made the mistake of thinking Randy was done, never would i make it again :rofl-lol: , the guy is a living legend.The problem is if this becomes a regular thing, with all do respect to boxing enthusiasts, there is no place for freak show matches, you wanna come to MMA with just boxing you are going to get a hiding, simply put this solidifies what MMA fans have known for a long time, MMA is a sport with many different facets that required immense dedication and commitment in numerous disciplines.

Yes, I think since he got rid of Marinovich's (is that correct?) and started to run his own training camps, without someone looking objectively - it really started to become a problem. I honestly thought he'd win and just clear everything up. I hope he knuckles down and sorts himself out - he's got so much potential, but as you agree, didn't really show the heart or enthusiam. I mean, starting to shoot for takedowns when you're four rounds down? Jeez. Once he sorts some offense off his back too, he'll be really potent.

I think Dana said after this he won't entertain any more freak show matches - although only time will tell if that holds to be true. I don't mind seeing them generally, but he obviously wasn't really into it. He did at least appear humble post-fight.

Yes, I think since he got rid of Marinovich's (is that correct?) and started to run his own training camps, without someone looking objectively - it really started to become a problem. I honestly thought he'd win and just clear everything up. I hope he knuckles down and sorts himself out - he's got so much potential, but as you agree, didn't really show the heart or enthusiam. I mean, starting to shoot for takedowns when you're four rounds down? Jeez. Once he sorts some offense off his back too, he'll be really potent.

I think Dana said after this he won't entertain any more freak show matches - although only time will tell if that holds to be true. I don't mind seeing them generally, but he obviously wasn't really into it. He did at least appear humble post-fight.

I swear Dana said he wouldnt do any freakshow matches again at somepoint in the past?

I swear Dana said he wouldnt do any freakshow matches again at somepoint in the past?

Aye he did, and then Toney pestered him for a year, called him a "pussy" and a variety of other creative names that were barely understood by anyone because Toney doesn't enunciate - so Dana signed him for one bout.

Still can't believe he got so much, that is actually ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

thoughts on this season of the ultimate fighter?

-koscheck is ugly as fuck. he needs to get those lips reeled in or something. i like him other than that though. if he just changed his face it wouldn't be so bad.

-GSP is a bit boring but i loved his strategy in the draft, i also like his team concept. at first i thought maybe he was just being fake and trying to be the good guy but i do believe he is sincere. while i respect gsp's 'this isnt about me', i also respect koschecks "WIN. this is about beating GSP" because at least he is calling it like it is.

i might go to the GSP / Koscheck fight in december..its in Montreal..anyone else considering it? i might do a trip like i did for GNR / the Canadiens in February...see a game and the fights.

thoughts on this season of the ultimate fighter?

-koscheck is ugly as fuck. he needs to get those lips reeled in or something. i like him other than that though. if he just changed his face it wouldn't be so bad.

-GSP is a bit boring but i loved his strategy in the draft, i also like his team concept. at first i thought maybe he was just being fake and trying to be the good guy but i do believe he is sincere. while i respect gsp's 'this isnt about me', i also respect koschecks "WIN. this is about beating GSP" because at least he is calling it like it is.

i might go to the GSP / Koscheck fight in december..its in Montreal..anyone else considering it? i might do a trip like i did for GNR / the Canadiens in February...see a game and the fights.

For the record guys remember that in the UK we are a few weeks behind on TUF so no potential spoilers, i know you didn't JM but im just saying.

GSP will own Koscheck all day long, it is a pointless fight but will be fun listening to Koscheck talk about how he is going to out wrestle GSP only to have every take down attempt stuffed and end up on his ass.Koscheck is a disrespectful cunt and always has been only to lay down like a play ground bully when it counts, he will do the same again.As much as i don't condone Daily's after the bell cheap shot it did make me smile

Hughes v Penn?, not sure how much fight validity there is in that fight but it could be fun.

Rampage V Machida ?, i think Ramapage wins without too much trouble, Machida is so over rated its sad

As for the whole freak show thing, Dana is a business man and money talks, if he can make a shit load more money by entertaining these guys you can bet your ass he will no matter how it affects the sports.While the UFC is in great financial condition other ventures ( parent company and its owners ) are not in a great financial condition so maximising cash flow is a bigger deal now.

The only bonus is that all the know nothing fucking idiots are now aware that MMA is far more than brutal fighting with no skill or strategy

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

GSP will own Koscheck all day long, it is a pointless fight but will be fun listening to Koscheck talk about how he is going to out wrestle GSP only to have every take down attempt stuffed and end up on his ass.Koscheck is a disrespectful cunt and always has been only to lay down like a play ground bully when it counts, he will do the same again.As much as i don't condone Daily's after the bell cheap shot it did make me smile

Totally agree - Koscheck writes checks that his ass can't cash.

Hughes v Penn?' date=' not sure how much fight validity there is in that fight but it could be fun.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly - will root for Mr. Hughes

Rampage V Machida ?' date=' i think Ramapage wins without too much trouble, Machida is so over rated its sad[/quote']

God, I totally agree!

I wanna see what Sonnen will say in his first post-ban press release...